Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 852374 times)

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #1125 on: November 18, 2019, 05:57:54 pm »
... I opened the source zip and copied it from docs. Hopefully you do not object to me posting them here for the benefit of others?
No problem, Cliff - but if you want to follow the development more closely, you will find much more information on github.
About the scope software:
https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022
https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022/tree/master/docs
Some more HW info:
https://github.com/Ho-Ro/Hantek6022API

Martin

The following users thanked this post: Tech_JA, Cliff Matthews

Offline Tj80

« Reply #1126 on: December 07, 2019, 09:53:31 am »
Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your fantastic work on this! :) I've just got hold of a 6022be and have begun playing with your software - so much better than Hantek's effort.

I have just one problem - the Y scale grid dots are not visible for some reason! I can see the small lines on the Y axis but not the main grid (which threw me for a while as I was misreading the voltage scale!). I've tried this on two different Windows 10 machines, and with 3 different monitors - they're definitely missing not just hard to see. Changing the grid colour in settings has no effect. I do have to run with the --useGLES flag, otherwise I get an OpenGL compilation error - I wonder if this is causing a problem rendering the grid for some reason?

Appreciate any thoughts you or or anyone else may have!

BR,
Tim

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1127 on: December 10, 2019, 03:44:38 pm »
Hi Tim,

it's (kind of) solved with build b200, see this screen shot of a Linux machine (please ignore the missing top icons, that issue is not related but I have no better pic): https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/10123911/70485729-a654ce80-1b54-11ea-80de-1c8b6754bd56.png

But I detected that on a Windows machine the dots (also on a screenshot) are very hard to see while on Linux clearly visible on the same screenshot, https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/52634569/70429012-58838c00-1aaa-11ea-8cea-bf35f070ebf8.png

Get the latest build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/0ulm3x45c667nv0o/artifacts/build_x64%2Fopenhantek%2FOpenHantek-Win-x64-Release-b200.zip
Get earlier builds:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Ho-Ro/openhantek6022/history

Martin

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1128 on: December 13, 2019, 12:14:00 pm »
Version 3.0.1 is out:
Code: [Select]
2019-12-13
More robust USB handling for all OSs
Improve manipulation and export of frozen or single traces
Export XY display
Automatic icon selection for light/dark themes
Eye candy
Automatic start after FW upload

German, French, Italian and Portuguese localisation available, German is complete, the other languages are WIP (volunteers wanted):

The following users thanked this post: Tech_JA, Cliff Matthews, PKTKS, raxis13, LINUX5045

Offline LINUX5045

« Reply #1129 on: December 20, 2019, 06:57:05 pm »
This is an amazing piece of work! Thank you everyone involved.

I was going to wait till the new dummy/ test mode enhancement was implemented so I could try out the software but the price of the Hantek is so low I purchased one anyway. Arrived today:

I've got several other USB scopes but this is my favourite Linux solution so far.

Before this scope I'd used a Picoscope but their Linux software is a CPU monster on our system with 390%+ usage. Seems one or two others have reported the same, with high fan /heat, an unusable system and eventual thermal shutdown of the machine.

No problems with OpenHantek in this respect at all. Typically ~50% CPU usage; Highest CPU usage noted so far is ~97% of one core with only slightly elevated fan speed.  8)

If needed, the cpulimit program on Linux can help contain a program's CPU usage. For example:

1. install cpulimit:
sudo apt-get install cpulimit
2. start the program:
OpenHantek
3. In a new terminal window run top to view OpenHantek cpu usage:
top -c -p $(pgrep -d',' -f OpenHantek)
4. In another window run cpulimit:
cpulimit -e OpenHantek -l 70
With -l being the % limit required. You might need to run this one with sudo depending on your permissions.

Note that it results in a stuttering of the waveform, a sort of a rapid 'pause/play' effect as cpulimit cyclically freezes then releases the process under the PID to reduce CPU usage.

Also, I would like to be able to change the waveform line thickness like in other software. Is this a possibility? Thanks again!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 01:07:34 am by LINUX5045 »

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1130 on: December 21, 2019, 08:58:28 pm »
If you want to lower the load of your computer you can have a look at this commit:  https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022/commit/48004826a4d333f632b26cda89678b96b0daf8dd

Offline raxis13

« Reply #1131 on: March 17, 2020, 05:33:16 pm »
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your software.  You will find here included The Hantek6022 Digital Back End drawing, from page 16 of your Manual.  Tell me if you find some mistakes.

Regards.

The following users thanked this post: horo

Offline sba

« Reply #1132 on: April 22, 2020, 05:40:54 pm »
Hi Horo,
I'm considering to by 6022BL for my hobby projects on Arduino/etc, so I have a question about AC/DC coupling. I thinking about external device with only one wire (per channel) connection to scope board. On attached schematics, from screw terminal wire goes to JP2 on board to ports PE3/0 accordingly. How do You think - will it work?

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1133 on: April 23, 2020, 02:16:02 pm »
Salut raxis13,

I didn't look at EEVBLOG for a longer time, so I only discovered your picture today - merci !

I see three small necessary changes:
  • The upper text in the upper square box of the AD9288 should read ENCA instead of EAYCA (my bad writing), it is ENCode channel A
  • The lower text in the lower AD9288 square must read DB instead of DA, because it's Data channel B.
    see also the ADC datasheet
  • The text for the quartz below the CY7C68013 is 24MHz instead of 24MH7, also probably due to my quick writing.

Regard, Martin

BTW:
Version 3.0.4b is out with a lot of usability and stability improvements, and if you want to follow the development I provide also an unstable release with binaries from the latest commit.

EDIT: fix URL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:40:13 pm by horo »

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1134 on: April 23, 2020, 02:48:05 pm »
Hi sba, Привет сва,

Yes, it should work, but please connect also the GND permanently, i.e. one wire to GND, one wire to PE0, one wire to PE3.

Martin

P.S.: The 6022BL is either scope or logic analyser, you cannot use them in parallel. I would propose to buy also a cheap Cypress eval board like this one. It works perfectly with sigrok as a 16 channel LA.

Offline sba

« Reply #1135 on: May 03, 2020, 04:19:35 pm »
Hi Martin,
That's good point about gnd wire. Thanks.
I have another question. When we short cap with ssr, signal goes through that 1K resistor, connected in series with ssr. Will it affect measurement?

Regarding BL - yes, I know if I will need analyzer, I'll have to use different software and restart scope so it will get different firmware. Mostly, I need scope for 99% of time and analyzer is just additional nice feature for almost same money on ali :)

Thank You

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1136 on: May 07, 2020, 08:07:40 pm »
When we short cap with ssr, signal goes through that 1K resistor, connected in series with ssr. Will it affect measurement?

Yes, the value changes by 0.001, but if you short the capacitor (which can be charged with a high voltage when measuring with a 10x probe) without this resistor, the ssr can be destroyed by the unlimited short circuit current.

Martin

Offline softfoot

• Contributor
« Reply #1137 on: June 19, 2020, 11:08:48 am »

I just tried running "OpenHantek-Win-x64-Release-b337" and after using Zadig it found the 6022BE but displayed the following wit no trace.

Any idea what the prioblem may be ??

Best regards,
Dave

Grumpy Old Software/Hardware Engineering Git
Dave

The following users thanked this post: MatthewEveritt

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #1138 on: June 19, 2020, 05:39:45 pm »
If it's the BL version, push the button so it's in.

Offline softfoot

• Contributor
« Reply #1139 on: June 19, 2020, 07:35:06 pm »
It's the BE.
Dave
Dave

Offline gf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1140 on: June 19, 2020, 09:57:01 pm »
The 2nd image looks like a problem with the Graphics Driver. The program attempts to use a GLSL 1.5 shader, but the Graphics Driver (or the GPU) installed on the PC does not support this GLSL version.

Offline softfoot

• Contributor
« Reply #1141 on: June 19, 2020, 10:02:51 pm »
Yes, I tried it on another machine that supports OpenGL 3.3 and it works fine.
Sadly there is nothing I can do about the laptop, it already has the latest drivers ;-(
Dave
Dave

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1142 on: June 20, 2020, 03:55:06 pm »
Hi,

Usage: openhantek/OpenHantek [options]

Options:
  -h, --help           Displays this help.
  -v, --version        Displays version information.
  -d, --demoMode       Demo mode without scope HW
  -e, --useGLES        Use OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL
  -i, --international  Show the international interface, do not translate

you can try the option -e (or --useGLES) to switch the graphics driver

Martin

EDIT:
If OpenGL reports its version >= 3.2 then OH choses GL SL (shader language) version 1.50, otherwise version 1.20 is used. (My development laptop reports e.g. "2.1 Mesa 18.3.6", so it uses 1.20)
Read more about the versions:
https://github.com/OpenHantek/openhantek/issues/221

I've added the command line options "--useGLSL120" and "--useGLSL150" to override the automatic version detection. It is available starting with OH version 3.1.1-rc1 that I just checked in - please check.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:22:00 pm by horo »

Offline softfoot

• Contributor
« Reply #1143 on: June 20, 2020, 06:10:47 pm »
Thank you - that (-e) worked like a charm :-)
Brilliant! It is much better than the Hantek software.

I dont know if this is the place for suggestions ...

I would suggest putting the command line switches in the manual along with the keyboard shortcuts (I found cursor up/down by accident (it alters the vertical scale)).

Perhaps cursor left/right should alter the horizontal scale, and shift up/down moved the trace up and down the screen.

I would personally also find it very useful if the mouse scroll wheel "zoomed" the trace - just a thought :-)

Very impressed,
Dave
Dave

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1144 on: June 21, 2020, 05:40:37 pm »
I would suggest putting the command line switches in the manual along with the keyboard shortcuts (I found cursor up/down by accident (it alters the vertical scale)).

Hi Dave,

The up/down buttons change the last selected pull-down field, in your case the V/div section. If you select the trigger source, this entry will change with up/down. This is not an intrinsic behavior of OH6022, but is controlled on the window manager level (windows as well as linux).

Nevertheless, I will put your mousewheel zoom scrolling proposal into my collection of future improvements.

Martin

P.S.:
I dont know if this is the place for suggestions ...

I am reading this forum irregularly, the safest way to reach me is to open an issue at github

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1145 on: July 01, 2020, 08:02:36 am »
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your software.  You will find here included The Hantek6022 Digital Back End drawing, from page 16 of your Manual.  Tell me if you find some mistakes.

Regards.

Salut raxis13,

I didn't look at EEVBLOG for a longer time, so I only discovered your picture today - merci !

I see three small necessary changes:
  • The upper text in the upper square box of the AD9288 should read ENCA instead of EAYCA (my bad writing), it is ENCode channel A
  • The lower text in the lower AD9288 square must read DB instead of DA, because it's Data channel B.
    see also the ADC datasheet
  • The text for the quartz below the CY7C68013 is 24MHz instead of 24MH7, also probably due to my quick writing.

Regard, Martin

Hi raxix13,
I changed the three text entries in the drawing, it is now included in the manual that is provided by the latest version 3.1.1
https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022/releases/tag/3.1.1
It provides a roll mode for slow sample rates up to 10s/div, mouse wheel zoom scrolling and a user config option to use the AC coupling HW modification:
https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022/blob/master/docs/HANTEK6022_AC_Modification.pdf

Martin

Offline Michael Rempel

• Contributor
« Reply #1146 on: July 04, 2020, 11:50:13 pm »
Hello Martin

I just bought the scope partially based on your code. It seems my version is not compatiable with the hardware. SimpleScope and the Hantek one work, so I am thinking perhaps they changed CPUs and blocked your sofware.

FWIW I tried on Windows 10 64 bit and UBUNTU 16.04.

The other thought that occurs to me is the windows driver might be the issue. Which driver do you recommend for me. Windows would be my preference. That is my laptop.

Offline softfoot

• Contributor
USB Isolators and Hantek 6022BE under OpenHantek6022 ??
« Reply #1147 on: July 06, 2020, 07:04:31 pm »

I need to put a USB isolator between the system that I run OpenHantek on and the system under test as there is some cross interference, probably due to a ground loop.

The cheaper isolators only go up to 12Mb/s and the 6022 fails to work over these, and the majority of isolators capable of the required 480Mb/s are way out of my budget.

However I found https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-high-speed-usb-isolator/ at a more reasonable price --- has anyone experience of these units ??

Thanks in advance
Dave
Dave

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1148 on: July 06, 2020, 07:17:15 pm »
At that price it ought to be able to support 480Mbps as they claim. It's about the same price as a complete VDS1022I though.   :(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:27:18 am by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1149 on: July 11, 2020, 08:36:27 pm »
Hello Dave,

Two other solutions come to my mind, either a potential-free laptop or this program on a smartphone:
https://www.martinloren.com/hscope/

Martin

P.S.: Isolation to fight a ground loop can work, BUT ...

Some more reading stuff about DO'S and DON'TS regarding "earth/ground hell":

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf