Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 852304 times)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:56 pm »
There may even be noise from the DC-DC in the isolator, so I would suggest using a Mains Isolation Transformer to run the PC, they can be had for pretty cheap if you know where to get them.

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »
I just found this EEVBlog thread that discussed High Speed USB Isolation.

I would personally be looking at input isolation to the DSO rather than trying to isolate the data output. I use a pair of Pico differential active probes when isolation is needed. The down side is the cost of these probes. For their cost you can buy a decent isolated portable DSO.
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2014, 12:04:19 pm »
I don't think differential probes are the solution, especially with a £50 USB DSO. A good set cost way too much to make it worthwhile.
Death, taxes and diode losses.

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2014, 02:19:07 pm »
My point exactly. A better DSO, more suited to the task would be a better choice  ;)

The 6022BE is a compromise device built down to a price and may not be the 'right tool for the job'.
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2014, 03:31:27 pm »
My point exactly. A better DSO, more suited to the task would be a better choice  ;)

The 6022BE is a compromise device built down to a price and may not be the 'right tool for the job'.

Agreed. It's a budget tool, and you get what you pay for. And anyway, almost all scopes are earth referenced so why would you expect isolation with this thing? Just use it with a laptop if you really need it.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »
Latest Binary for anyone interested: http://jmp.sh/v/8koyiaueYLtxZfdq5MRj

Changes:
1. Importing & Exporting now functional (Reference channel now functional)
      . Import saved .txt waveforms from original 6022BE software
      . Export & Import to custom binary format
      . Export to Bitmap & JPEG Images, visible or entire waveform, with render options to tweak + export preview
2. Hacked 10V/DIV option for 1X with Software Attenuation
3. Hacked AC Coupling (software filtering)
4. Various bug fixes and other minor changes

Interface Notes:
1. You can "drag" the waveform in view three different ways
     1a. Click and drag the "Waveform Context" area above the waveform (fastest way to drag, very course)
     2a. Click and drag the Waveform (slower, less course)
     3a. Use Left and Right arrow keys (slowest, fine control)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:06:22 am by RichardK »

Offline Merlyn

• Contributor
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2014, 04:29:54 pm »

I'm aware that it's a budget tool and I need one for measurements mainly in the audio range. It looks like a mains isolation transformer for the device under test is the way to go. Luckily I have a variable transformer by hand.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2014, 04:34:02 pm »
It looks like a mains isolation transformer for the device under test is the way to go. Luckily I have a variable transformer by hand.

Make sure your Auto transformer is isolated, most are not.

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »
Latest Binary for anyone interested: http://jmp.sh/v/NbdJxdvV1l35qIRE3DmP

Changes:
1. Importing & Exporting now functional (Reference channel now functional)
      . Import saved .txt waveforms from original 6022BE software
      . Export & Import to custom binary format
      . Export to Bitmap & JPEG Images, visible or entire waveform, with render options to tweak + export preview
2. Hacked 10V/DIV option for 1X with Software Attenuation
3. Hacked AC Coupling (software filtering)
4. Various bug fixes and other minor changes

Interface Notes:
1. You can "drag" the waveform in view three different ways
     1a. Click and drag the "Waveform Context" area above the waveform (fastest way to drag, very course)
     2a. Click and drag the Waveform (slower, less course)
     3a. Use Left and Right arrow keys (slowest, fine control)

Not working for me on Windows 8.1, I think it's connected to the scope but no waveform is being shown, not even a line. Maybe it's just something wrong with my setup, thanks anyway for all the hard work, looks great so far :)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2014, 04:40:16 pm »
Not working for me on Windows 8.1, I think it's connected to the scope but no waveform is being shown, not even a line. Maybe it's just something wrong with my setup, thanks anyway for all the hard work, looks great so far :)

Hmm... Did the previous binary work? (assuming you tried that one)... And when the scope is connected, is the light on the scope Red and blinking, or green and solid?

Edit: Also, I am correct in assuming the stock software works for you under Windows 8? And if you could, start the software without the scope connected and enter Demo mode, do the various waveforms in the demo mode show up? And another thing, if the software is in demo mode, it won't capture from scope until you exit demo mode.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:53:26 pm by RichardK »

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2014, 05:08:46 pm »
Previous binary had the same problem, when the scope is connected I'm getting a green blinking light. The stock software works fine, and I tried the demo mode but I couldn't get any waveform to appear, same as before with no line on the screen...

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2014, 05:26:22 pm »
Previous binary had the same problem, when the scope is connected I'm getting a green blinking light. The stock software works fine, and I tried the demo mode but I couldn't get any waveform to appear, same as before with no line on the screen...

Hmm thanks, I'll try and figure out why, it sounds like a problem with HTDrawWaveInYT()... Question: Do you see a grid, or is that missing too?

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »
Grid's there, everything else except the waveform. I wish I could be of more help, but I haven't done proper programming in years...
Thanks again for all this, it's going to be great to have alternative software :)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2014, 05:47:47 pm »
Grid's there, everything else except the waveform. I wish I could be of more help, but I haven't done proper programming in years...
Thanks again for all this, it's going to be great to have alternative software :)

Quick test if you could: Start it up in Demo Mode, put a sine wave in CH1 and go to export, then click the "Image Preview" tab...

Do you see a waveform in the preview? Thanks :)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2014, 06:34:57 pm »
I might have found the problem and a possible workaround (though I don't have a Windows 8 machine to test it on atm)... There is apparently an issue with the Windows AlphaBlend() function on 64bit machines, and I use the AlphaBlend function to set the waveform brightness, since the Hantek SDK provides no ability to set it in the draw wave function, the draw grid function provided by the SDK does have a brightness argument so I don't need to use AlphaBlend() there, so that might also explain why the grid draws but not waveforms.

Here is the new binary: http://jmp.sh/v/MWcYkfQZ5t1qRzXBWIZD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:40:53 am by RichardK »

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2014, 02:34:51 am »
Here is the new binary: http://jmp.sh/v/8koyiaueYLtxZfdq5MRj

Thanks RichardK for your hard work.

Let me introduce myself and my short story with this scope, I'm a mechanic teacher and we used to use "picoscope" oscilloscope with our student. Due to budget, we had 3 "pico" for 80 students so when I saw these low price 6022be scope I decide to give it a shot and see if we could maybe get more scope for our students for the same budget. I got the first unit last week to test it and played a little bit today with the official software. Let me say I’m a little bit disappointed with some functionality such as the lack of a zoom function and the printing which print the yellow and green waveform with a b/w printer in a pale grey that's almost invisible.

So after some googling I came to this forum and saw you project.
I tried your beta and saw that you plan to take care of these 2 issues by letting the user change the default yellow and green colour for waveform which should result in a darker printed wave, once switch to darker colour and in the acquire tab, you seem to plan a zoom function.

So I want to encourage you to continue your great work that will surely be of great use for many people!

thanks a million times

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2014, 05:31:33 am »
Thanks RichardK for your hard work.

No problem, I actually enjoy improving hardware & software that has promise but is lacking in features or specifications, and if others find my work useful to them, even better :)

Btw, changing the waveform colors is already implemented and the next binary should have zooming implemented, but take note that a zoomed waveform is no longer in scale with the grid (or as Dave would say, out of calibration) and thus voltage and time measurements will be disabled to prevent measurement errors!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:37:47 am by RichardK »

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:54 am »
I might have found the problem and a possible workaround (though I don't have a Windows 8 machine to test it on atm)... There is apparently an issue with the Windows AlphaBlend() function on 64bit machines, and I use the AlphaBlend function to set the waveform brightness, since the Hantek SDK provides no ability to set it in the draw wave function, the draw grid function provided by the SDK does have a brightness argument so I don't need to use AlphaBlend() there, so that might also explain why the grid draws but not waveforms.

Here is the new binary: http://jmp.sh/v/8koyiaueYLtxZfdq5MRj

Awesome, working perfectly now  :-+ Thanks.

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »
zoomed waveform is no longer in scale with the grid

Would it be possible to have dôme sort of measurement like on the pico software? Or is it limited by the hardware?

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »

Would it be possible to have dôme sort of measurement like on the pico software? Or is it limited by the hardware?

I have never used picoscope before, so I'm not familiar with that type of measurement.

Offline Jon86

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2014, 05:56:27 pm »
This software's looking really good, already feels much nicer than the stock software.
Is there a possibility of waveform averaging and intensity grading in the future? That would make this scope so, so much better.

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2014, 06:03:02 pm »

I have never used picoscope before, so I'm not familiar with that type of measurement.

Well, let's say that you want to zoom deeper into your signal (for us in mechanic it's usefull to analyse the spark in an ignition system) it lets you zoom and mesure a specific point (V or time)  into that zoomed image.  I'm not sure if that's made by zooming the grid  at the same time than the waveform itself. Or maybe it's a math thing.... like maybe.. you zoom 10x, our cursor is on the 2.3V level on the unzoomed grid -> so 2.3V / 10x = 0.23V . something like that... I don't know how to explain this the proper way... so here's a screenshot of the pico "zoom" fonction.

in the small windows up this is the actual waveform I took from an ignition spark. the main window is the zoom part of it where I mesure one point of the wave.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:08:21 pm by mrphil »

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2014, 06:20:18 pm »
This software's looking really good, already feels much nicer than the stock software.
Is there a possibility of waveform averaging and intensity grading in the future? That would make this scope so, so much better.

Possibly, I had planned on adding effects like that later on, but right now I'm focusing on getting it more complete as a whole, and usable...

In fact, while messing around with Alpha blending when implementing the waveform intensity code I accidentally ended up with a simple form of waveform averaging which looked very analog-ish.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2014, 06:23:12 pm »
Well, let's say that you want to zoom deeper into your signal (for us in mechanic it's usefull to analyse the spark in an ignition system) it lets you zoom and mesure a specific point (V or time)  into that zoomed image.  I'm not sure if that's made by zooming the grid  at the same time than the waveform itself. Or maybe it's a math thing.... like maybe.. you zoom 10x, our cursor is on the 2.3V level on the unzoomed grid -> so 2.3V / 10x = 0.23V . something like that... I don't know how to explain this the proper way... so here's a screenshot of the pico "zoom" fonction.

in the small windows up this is the actual waveform I took from an ignition spark. the main window is the zoom part of it where I mesure one point of the wave.

I would have to implement my own draw grid function, as the provided Hantek "SDK" function for drawing the grid does not allow zooming the grid to match the waveform.

Maybe after I have finished all the major work left to do on this, I'll try and whip up a "blown up" view dialog with a scaled grid.

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2014, 06:49:15 pm »
Maybe after I have finished all the major work left to do on this, I'll try and whip up a "blown up" view dialog with a scaled grid.

There's no hurry on this. Considering the fact that you are already doing a lot on your own. I just think that it would be useful for a many peoples.

keep on the good work.

thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf