Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 852410 times)

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2014, 07:11:49 am »
Excel and OpenOffice Calc choke on just two data channels of 130K data points- and that doesn't even include generating the x-axis data (time of each sample).  Handling a file of 20 or 30, or more such traces would be, well, unthinkable.  I know what a macro is - at one time I wrote quite a few of them in Excel VBA, but that required a "functioning" application...  The Excel  VBA macro recorder helped a lot with my weaknesses at scripting.  As yet, I'm unfamiliar with the Open Office VBA equivalent.

learn Octave
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/
or R
http://www.r-project.org/

they are "like excel", but without clicking :)
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »
Hello Rick,

I can see a desire for "deep data" in order to catch high speed transients, glitches, and the like; ...  My desire is to do repetitive data captures of side by side data in a single file in performing a series of tests for later analysis ... Excel and OpenOffice Calc choke on just two data channels of 130K data points- and that doesn't even include generating the x-axis data (time of each sample) ...
Thanks again,

Plummerman

RichardK's program allow you rapid and easy scrolling.  So you could just use that to scroll to start and view the first couple of screens.  Save it as a reference wave and you can reload it to view anytime you like.

If however you need to export to do numerical analysis, you will need some better tool than merely a spread sheet.  Trimming is solvable easily even by only a text editor.  If you are doing over and over again, why not just import it into Access and have SQL the access database like using:
"select * into XXX where ID < NNNN".
I know on Server200X (not sure about later), you can define a text database and use ODBC to do SQL.  Using that, you don't even need importing or trimming.  I did that (a subsystem auto text export at night, SQL select next day into another subsystem).  You can work out a access report to SELECT the right range of data.  That will be quite a bit of work however.

Try RichardK's program first.  See if just viewing the start-of-wave is doing you any good, and how many datapoints fit your need best.  Then you can go from there.

Rick

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
« Reply #277 on: February 08, 2014, 07:17:07 am »
@RichardK :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've owned this scope for a while but because I have an HP bench scope I rarely use it. Especially because the software is so crap.

But then... wow. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone pulled something awesome off like this. The amazing points:

-the triggering. just, wow. The Hantek software could rarely hold a stable trigger. Yours is rock solid.
-the FFT options. Dude. Wow. Way to freakin' go.
-THE SCROLLING. Obviously you also suffered with the 1 data point per scroll before. I just can't say enough!

Really, truly, amazing work. The only bug I've noticed is that mine won't calibrate. It just says that it failed calibrating and doesn't give anything more specific. the official software succeeds, though.
--------------------------------------
Canadian hacker

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2014, 12:46:26 pm »
With RichardK rolling on the software, I was wondering if the 6022 user manual could also do with a facelift by updating it to what OPEN6022BE can do. I have spent some time on it and now have the old manual in an editable word format. I have moved some parts around and fixed some of the funny Chinese English stuff. Also set up an active table of contents
Unfortunately I am not skilled enough to actually properly rewrite or add any functions, but I am quite prepared to do any editing, adding or changes suggested or sent to me by anyone.
I still have to find a way to easily manage any updates or changes while still sharing the document.
Any thoughts on whether this will be a worthwhile exercise and if anyone can/will help with the rewriting or writing of new guides to add?
Regards
Matchless

Offline A_L_E_X

« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2014, 01:24:51 pm »
I got a response from Hantek regarding the software update.

Greeting from Hantek. We have improved the performance for the device to make two devices work on one computer. Have a nice day.

Looks like they improved the performance of the software. Maybe it has to do with the modified HTDisplay.dll and the new drivers.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2014, 03:27:11 pm »
Hello everyone, I think I figured out the Calibration problem... In the SDK it says:

7. Function declaration:
HTMARCH_API unsigned short dsoSetCalLevel(unsigned short DeviceIndex,short* level,short
nLen);
Return value: return zero (0) for success and non-zero for failure.

Sure, that makes sense, it returns non-zero for failure... So, in my code (as you would expect) I did (in bold):
//Calibration error state
   bool CalibrateError=false;

//Attempt to calibrate device
   if(!Scope->Calibrate())
   {
       //Attempt to Store Calibration Data to device
       if(Scope->SetCalLevel())
       {
         //Set Error Flag
         CalibrateError = true;
       }
   }
   //Otherwise there was an error
   else
   {
       //Reset Calibration Data
       Scope->GetCalLevel();

//Set Error Flag
       CalibrateError = true;
   }

This is what's triggering the failure messages, it appears the dsoSetCalLevel function is failing... However if you look at what the stock software is doing with Calibration (via disassembly):
__int16 __usercall sub_41AE50<ax>(int a1<esi>)
{
  __int16 v1; // bx@1
  __int16 result; // ax@2
  __int16 *v3; // [sp-1Ch] [bp-24h]@1

//Calibrate, set v1 to success/fail
  v1 = dsoCalibrate(
         *(_WORD *)(a1 + 48),                   // DeviceIndex
         *(_WORD *)(a1 + 56),                   // nTimeDIV
         *(_WORD *)(a1 + 8),                    // CH1VoltDIV
         *(_WORD *)(a1 + 32),                   // CH2VoltDIV
         (__int16 *)(a1 + 110));                // pCalLevel
  v3 = (__int16 *)(a1 + 110);

//Failure
  if ( v1 )
  {
    dsoGetCalLevel(*(_WORD *)(a1 + 48), v3, 32);
    result = v1;
  }
  //Success
  else
  {
    dsoSetCalLevel(*(_WORD *)(a1 + 48), v3, 32);
    result = 0;
  }

//Return status
  return result;
}

As you can see from the bold line above, they don't even use the return value from dsoSetCalLevel(), and from what I can tell, it returns a failure code regardless of success or not, either that or it's returning a 1 for success and 0 for failure.

So, I'm modifying my code to ignore the return value, if Hantek developers don't even trust it, why should I? I'm pretty sure it's causing the Calibration failure messages, even though the Calibrate succeeded and successfully stored it to the device.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:39:40 pm by RichardK »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2014, 04:00:52 pm »
Hello everyone, I think I figured out the Calibration problem...

RichardK,
              Excellent! Will check it out on your next binary! :clap:
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #282 on: February 09, 2014, 08:53:35 pm »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/v/QN9DEKEgv4YQEW056ASq

What's New:
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Fixed a bug where you would always receive a Calibration error when Calibrating.
2. Added Math & Reference channels to Cursor Lines source menus.
3. Binded Escape Key to exit Full Screen mode.
4. Added Restore button to upper lefthand corner when in Full Screen mode.
5. Fixed a bug where changing VoltDIV on Stopped Waveforms would cause incorrect
   Interactive cursor measurements.
6. Fixed a bug where Reference Waveforms would not rescale when changing Voltage
   Divisons.
7. Fixed a bug in Text Waveform Format: Added Voltage Division information for proper scaling,
   Caveat: Files created with older versions will not load unless a #VDIV= entry is added
   under the #CLOCK entry.
8. Implemented printing of FFT.
9. Removed FFT from Channel Controls and added Voltage Division option to FFT Dialog with more
   voltage division options.
10. Added Vertical Position slider to FFT Dialog which allows positioning the FFT along the
   vertical axis.
11. Implemented Measure Option (View->Measure or Measure Button on Toolbar)

Edit: Also, there was some confusion a few pages back about the stock software's measurement feature in respect to VPP values being out of view.. My Measurement lets you choose to measure the entire wave or the visible part, hopefully that helps.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:11:22 pm by RichardK »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2014, 07:51:59 am »
RichardK,
              It's looking better every time! Just some low level observations from this side:

The calibration utility is running correctly now, but if one runs it while erroneously connected to the internal reference output, the amplitude of the waveform doubles and then it fails and gives an error. I would expect it to fail, but not affect any settings?

If one loads a reference waveform from the R menu, there is no way to disable it again, except closing and restarting the program. Maybe a Close option would be helpful.

The full screen option with the Esc button works well, but the small icon on the left, using restore, removes the full screen, but then its without the menus.

Are you planning to include the "AUTOSET" feature that is used when probe compensation is done?

Hope this is of help.
Regards
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:20:23 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2014, 03:45:17 pm »
The calibration utility is running correctly now, but if one runs it while erroneously connected to the internal reference output, the amplitude of the waveform doubles and then it fails and gives an error. I would expect it to fail, but not affect any settings?

When you calibrate, it's saying that whatever you see on the input is now zero, so if you see 2V on the input when you calibrate, it's going to think every signal needs to be offset by 2V. This is why the probes have to be grounded during calibration, and any settings effected by calibrating while connected to some signal above ground is only temporary because the Calibration function modifies the Calibration data in PC memory, however it doesn't store the incorrect data to the Scope.

If one loads a reference waveform from the R menu, there is no way to disable it again, except closing and restarting the program. Maybe a Close option would be helpful.

There are several different ways to turn a channel off:
1. Right click the left-hand lever and click "Hide"
2. Channel->Reference->Turn Off
3. Select the Reference channel from one of the Drop-down lists on the right-hand side and uncheck the "Enable" checkbox.

If you are talking about clearing the channel data (resetting to zero) I can add that option for the next release.

The full screen option with the Esc button works well, but the small icon on the left, using restore, removes the full screen, but then its without the menus.

I'm not sure what you mean? It's working properly for me. Also, the Right Click menu, Escape Key and Restore button are all calling the same exact function to restore to windowed mode. There is no difference between them, functionally.

Are you planning to include the "AUTOSET" feature that is used when probe compensation is done?

Again, not sure what you mean? Can you explain in more detail?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:13:31 pm by RichardK »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #285 on: February 10, 2014, 05:39:07 pm »
Thanks for the response RichardK. I will try and clarify my poor explanations:

Calibration issue: I understand what you are saying, was only wondering why the display changes on an error. It would be more user friendly if the error message comes up and the waveforms stay as they were or revert back.

Reference waveform: Sorted, I did not know where to look. Sorry! :palm:

Full screen option:
The Esc key and the Right click menu takes me back to the window mode correctly, but the small icon definitely takes me back to a window mode, but with the difference that only the graticule with grid and wave form shows, no upper toolbar or right hand knobs etc. are displayed then.

Autoset feature: The Hantek software has an Auto setup blue button in the toolbar, 4th from the right. The help shows this:

Probe Compensation

Perform this function to match the characteristics of the probe and the channel input. This should be performed whenever attaching a probe to any input channel at the first time.

? From the “Probe” menu, select attenuation to 1:10. Set the switch to “X10” on the probe and connect it to CH1 of the oscilloscope. When using the probe hook-tip, insert the tip onto the probe firmly to ensure a proper connection.

? Attach the probe tip to the Probe Compensator and the reference lead to the ground connector, select CH1, and then press the “AUTOSET“ button into the menu or the toolbar.

? Check the shape of the displayed waveform.

Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #286 on: February 10, 2014, 06:35:26 pm »
The Esc key and the Right click menu takes me back to the window mode correctly, but the small icon definitely takes me back to a window mode, but with the difference that only the graticule with grid and wave form shows, no upper toolbar or right hand knobs etc. are displayed then.

It shouldn't be doing that, and I cannot replicate that here at all... The corner icon calls the same exact function that the other methods call, literally there is no difference between them other than one is a Main menu item, one a right click menu item, one a key bind and the one in question a physical button, all calling the same method.

Autoset feature: The Hantek software has an Auto setup blue button in the toolbar, 4th from the right.

Alright so I examined the stock software "Auto" button to see what it does, and it appears to do the following:
1. Sets Time Division to 50us
2. Sets Display Format to YT
3. Sets both channel's Voltage Division to lowest setting (Ignores Probe Attenuation)
4. Sets Trigger Sweep to Auto
5. Sets Trigger Source to CH1
6. Sets Trigger Slope to Rising Edge (+)
7. Undoes any Invert settings

Not sure why this would be useful, except to bring the GUI back to a sort-of default configuration suitable for adjusting the Probe's variable capacitor with the provided screwdriver?

It doesn't appear to be changing the data in any way, so I think it's just a "dumb button" so to speak?

Edit: It's functioning differently with the Scope plugged in, it seems to be scanning different Voltage Divisions, then Time Divisions... Not sure exactly what it's doing, so no idea how to replicate it's functionality.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:58:02 pm by RichardK »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #287 on: February 10, 2014, 09:11:59 pm »
RichardK, my understanding of this was that it was used to take the scope easily (one click) to a "default" setting that allows for the best probe compensation adjustment.
Having a special tool button for it is a bit overkill I think and it would fit in better under the Menu item Utility.
Autoset = Yes is even shown in Appendix A as a feature in the manual. Both the V1.0.3 manual and the Help button instructs you to use it when doing probe compensation adjustment for optimum wave form.

It seems to work with the probes connected to the reference waveform output. It also gives a non useful result if run with the probes disconnected instead of an error warning.

That full screen back to window mode from the small icon, is definitely different on my PC. Maybe some others can report back on theirs as well? As you say you cannot reproduce it on yours....

Hope this is useful.
Regards
Matchless

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:31 am »
RichardK,

I am having some PC issues at home.  The fixed-list looks impressive.  I am looking forward to trying out your new binary once I get my PC fixed...

Rick

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2014, 08:13:38 pm »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/v/QN9DEKEgv4YQEW056ASq

Great Work! RichardK!

Summary First:

I checked all 11 points you listed.  They all work well.  I have some scaling questions/issues.  Apart from that, this is working very smooth.  Great Work! RichardK!  You've outdone yourself.  This is really almost ready to wrap up as Version 1.  (I am assuming you have not yet finish Normal Trigger, otherwise, I would say this is good for wrap up.)

+ The capability you added to Reference is really really nice.  Your implementation of Reference is so much more useful than stock software.  Now it is actually useful.
+ I like the fix with calibration!
+ The Esc button out of full screen mode is great! Very intuitive.
+ The waveform text file is good.  Until some scaling issue (see #1 below) is solved, editing that will serve a good scaling adjustment.
+ Your added feature with FFT is also great.
+ I particularly like being able to do math against the reference wave.  So the math can be delta and serve as reference and math again to get delta-of-delta or any other math-fun to do.

Some issues and suggestions

Issue 1:
I have problem getting either Math or Reference to scale.  Can you share with us how it is suppose to be scaling?  I am seeing very inconsistent scaling and even with many experiments, I can't even determine what might be the scaling logic with math. (Follow Ch1?  Follow Ch2?  Average Ch1+CH2? Follow Ch1 by a multiplier factor? etc...)
Suggestion 1 - why not make it manually scalable?  A lot more flexible if user can select scaling base on what is being investigated.  At the wave-position pointer, the right-mouse click drop down to hide the Ref/Math trace could have another entry to open a pop-up to get scaling info.

Issue 2:
Deteching toolbar causes display to be erratic.  It is certainly not a big issue unless it points to a larger problem (since trace-drawing seem to slow down after a few times of doing that).  It was hard to reproduce, but I mapped out a sure way to see it:
1. Reboot (if not rebooted, it may not show after a while but seem to slow down trace drawing)
2. Hook up to scope's reference wave
3. Start Open6022BE
4. Set trigger to get stable trace (I set it to ~500mv)
5. Resize window to a bit longer than the tool bar and a bit wider (It may not happen unless both width and height are changed)
6. Drag toolbar outside the window you will see the traces for both channel blinking.
7. Resizing the window again, the traces now draws normal - you can move toolbar anywhere without blink except the default position (below main window's drap down menus).  If you move it back to the default position it will blink again.
8. It will repeat: Resize window again and blink stop, move toolbar out and it starts...  It seems to plot slower after a while, but it may just seem to do that instead of for real.  Mind may play trick after looking at the same thing for a long time.

Issue 3:
Interestingly, when I Remote Desk Top into the machine running the scope with both Ch1 and Ch2, only Ch2 is showing.  The grid and Ch1 do not show at all.  When I have both Math and Reference wave on, grid,Ch1,Ch2,Math are absent but Reference wave is visible.

Suggestion 2:
Would it be feasible to implement scroll bar in the control area?  I use a small machine with 1024x768 resolution to fit my work area.  When measurement windows are open, Ch2 controls are no longer visible.

Suggestion 3:
For measurement windown, would it be feasible to split the screen horizontal instead of vertical?  Displaying Ch2 data below Ch1 takes too much screen real-estate and the measurement data display is not wide.  If Ch1 and Ch2 are spilt horizontally, it will not take up so much screen.

Really RichardK, this is great work and thanks!
Rick

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2014, 10:38:50 pm »
Issue 1:
I have problem getting either Math or Reference to scale.  Can you share with us how it is suppose to be scaling?  I am seeing very inconsistent scaling and even with many experiments, I can't even determine what might be the scaling logic with math. (Follow Ch1?  Follow Ch2?  Average Ch1+CH2? Follow Ch1 by a multiplier factor? etc...)
Suggestion 1 - why not make it manually scalable?  A lot more flexible if user can select scaling base on what is being investigated.  At the wave-position pointer, the right-mouse click drop down to hide the Ref/Math trace could have another entry to open a pop-up to get scaling info.

It has to do with there being two different Voltage Divisions for each channel, one that reflects the channel setting and one for Stopped waveforms (So they can scale from acquired voltage division to set voltage division). Problem was, in some parts of the code I was using the current voltage division instead of the acquire division (Oops!). Should be fixed in next release.

Issue 2:
Detaching toolbar causes display to be erratic.  It is certainly not a big issue unless it points to a larger problem (since trace-drawing seem to slow down after a few times of doing that).  It was hard to reproduce, but I mapped out a sure way to see it:
1. Reboot (if not rebooted, it may not show after a while but seem to slow down trace drawing)
2. Hook up to scope's reference wave
3. Start Open6022BE
4. Set trigger to get stable trace (I set it to ~500mv)
5. Resize window to a bit longer than the tool bar and a bit wider (It may not happen unless both width and height are changed)
6. Drag toolbar outside the window you will see the traces for both channel blinking.
7. Resizing the window again, the traces now draws normal - you can move toolbar anywhere without blink except the default position (below main window's drop down menus).  If you move it back to the default position it will blink again.
8. It will repeat: Resize window again and blink stop, move toolbar out and it starts...  It seems to plot slower after a while, but it may just seem to do that instead of for real.  Mind may play trick after looking at the same thing for a long time.

Sorry about that, a minor oversight... When the form's dimensions change I have to manually update the scope's canvas dimensions (otherwise you get flickering). I have a routine for doing this for which I call whenever I perceive the form's dimensions have changed, however I forgot to think about the toolbar un-docking (which would cause the form's vertical dimension to increase). Should be fixed in the next binary.

Issue 3:
Interestingly, when I Remote Desk Top into the machine running the scope with both Ch1 and Ch2, only Ch2 is showing.  The grid and Ch1 do not show at all.  When I have both Math and Reference wave on, grid,Ch1,Ch2,Math are absent but Reference wave is visible.

I have no idea what would be causing that... I have tested with VNC Viewer and it appears fine, so it's probably an issue with the software you are using... Perhaps some kind of setting for reducing unnecessary traffic?  :-//

Suggestion 2:
Would it be feasible to implement scroll bar in the control area?  I use a small machine with 1024x768 resolution to fit my work area.  When measurement windows are open, Ch2 controls are no longer visible.

I'll see what I can do, but at the moment it looks like it might be a more complicated feat than one would imagine...

Suggestion 3:
For measurement window, would it be feasible to split the screen horizontal instead of vertical?  Displaying Ch2 data below Ch1 takes too much screen real-estate and the measurement data display is not wide.  If Ch1 and Ch2 are split horizontally, it will not take up so much screen.

I was thinking the same thing and I have already implemented for the next release a segmented view (see attachment) using four TreeView controls (one for each measure source) side by side. The way the stock software does it is a massive waste of space, and it just looks wrong.

Btw, if anyone was wondering, if you double click the measurement list it will invert the current selections, so if nothing is selected, it will select all items.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:48:25 pm by RichardK »

Offline RobertH

• Contributor
    • monochromatic
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
First of all: you're doing a great job, Richard, thanks! :-+ :-+

As far as I could test your work so far, it's way better than the mfg's piece of code ...

One additional bug:

The V/Div setting for both channels have a glitch (regardless of other settings as far as i have tested it):

V/Div (set)  V/Div (active)
10/V            10V
5V                5V
2V                2V
1V                1V
500mV         1V
200mV         1V
100mV         1V
50mV           500mV
20mv           200mV

(values for x1, x10 etc. show the same behaviour)

Another thing: IIRC someone had a problem with the calibration signal on differnent PCs (frequency almost doubled). This appears to be a driver issue (or something messing up the intermal time-base in the 6022BE). This can be reproduced by running Open6022BE and the original software simultaneously (an easy way to mess things up  ;D )

I'm waiting to see the next version of Open6022BE - that really is something worth waiting for!

Regards

Robert
Sorry, I'm not a signature, I'm just tidying up this mess ...

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2014, 12:44:55 am »
One additional bug:

The V/Div setting for both channels have a glitch (regardless of other settings as far as i have tested it):

V/Div (set)  V/Div (active)
10/V            10V
5V                5V
2V                2V
1V                1V
500mV         1V
200mV         1V
100mV         1V
50mV           500mV
20mv           200mV

I'm not able to reproduce this here, and nobody else has mentioned such an obvious bug... Are you using the latest binary? Can you provide details to reproduce it? Because the channel voltage division controls are working fine for me.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers installed from the recent update at Hantek Website: http://www.hantek.com.cn/en/ProductDetail_31.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:35:45 am by RichardK »

Offline RobertH

• Contributor
    • monochromatic
« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2014, 03:38:10 am »
I'm using the latestest version of your Software and the drivers.

You'll get so screen shots this evening (4:30am right now, got to go to work, sorry).

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2014, 08:43:14 am »
Issue 3:

I have no idea what would be causing that... I have tested with VNC Viewer and it appears fine, so it's probably an issue with the software you are using... Perhaps some kind of setting for reducing unnecessary traffic?  :-//

Interesting.  I thought of possible data compression when I first ran into this and I immediately tried it with setting display to max, that did not do any good.  Must be some of Hantek's DLL must failed to follow certain windows rules.

Anyone care to see if they run into this as well?  I use WinXP-Sp2 for scope and WinXp SP2 and SP3 for RDC into the scope machine.  I will switch over to an Sp3 machine to see if that makes any difference.

Suggestion 2:

I'll see what I can do, but at the moment it looks like it might be a more complicated feat than one would imagine...

Arrgh, not critical, but would be nice.

Suggestion 3:
For measurement window, would it be feasible to split the screen horizontal instead of vertical?  Displaying Ch2 data below Ch1 takes too much screen real-estate and the measurement data display is not wide.  If Ch1 and Ch2 are split horizontally, it will not take up so much screen.

I was thinking the same thing and I have already implemented for the next release a segmented view (see attachment) using four TreeView controls (one for each measure source) side by side. The way the stock software does it is a massive waste of space, and it just looks wrong.

Btw, if anyone was wondering, if you double click the measurement list it will invert the current selections, so if nothing is selected, it will select all items.

What can I say, great minds think alike!  I like how your screen print looks with the new measurement result windows!

I do look forward to your next binary, and thanks again.

Rick

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2014, 03:04:56 pm »
Arrgh, not critical, but would be nice.

Actually, I implemented it last night... It was a pain in the butt, but it's done... lol

Offline RobertH

• Contributor
    • monochromatic
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2014, 06:11:16 pm »
Here are the promised screen shots ...

Open6022BE: R11

Drivers: as downloaded from mfg's site two days ago.

Signal: 1V@1kHz (cal output)

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2014, 06:29:47 pm »
Just to let you know that you hard work is beeing appreciated. ;)

I'm working on tutorial on how to reverse engineer multiplexed lcd signal back into characters/numbers and your software is really helpful.
On the image below is muliplexed signal put trough 74HC4050 HEX Buffer...

Offline RobertH

• Contributor
    • monochromatic
« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »
Due to the rather strage behaviour of the V/DIV-setting on my PC I'll ask before putting it on the wish list:

With slower settings (i.e. 500ms/DIV) I get an updated screen every 5 seconds. Is that the standard output?

If yes: I'd love to have a "continuous drawing mode" - either real-time samples on the right edge of the scope and the plot moving to the left of, if more feasible, continuous drawing of samples from left to right with "overwriting" on the next pass.

That would ease finding bursts on 100kHz max signals a lot ...

Regards Robert

P.S.: yeah, I know ... coming up with strange (individual) bugs and having extra wishes is a horrible combination  ;D

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #299 on: February 12, 2014, 07:46:45 pm »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/v/pgnwMU9slvz6OIK8YhKr

What's New:
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Added the ability to Import & Export Calibration data to file (Utility->Zero Offset Calibration)
2. Added Clear option to all Channel sub-menus which allows you to clear the data on that
   channel to zero.
3. Added Scroll Bars to Vertical Controls when they are out of view.
4. Fixed a bug when undocking-redocking the Toolbar which would cause Scope display to flicker,
   and or reduced performance.
5. Fixed a bug where Math and Reference Cursor Measurements would be incorrect in certain
   situations.
6. Fixed several form resizing flicker issues.
7. Modified the Measure Output window to have a horizontal layout (Separate Tree View for each
   Measurement Channel) which better utilizes the available horizontal space.
8. Added preliminary support for a Probe Compensation Auto Setup (See Auto Button on Toolbar).
9. Fixed a few minor Measurement bugs.
10. Renamed some Measurement items in the Measurement Window (Positive/Negative now in parentheses
   after the Measurement name).
11. Swapped positions of "Toggle Controls" & "Toggle Measure" buttons on the Toolbar
12. Added little 'X' buttons to Measure, Output and Control Windows which hides them when clicked.
13. Fixed a bug where resizing the form would not rescale the Channel Waveform Position Levers.
14. Made Zooming In and Out more granular (Halved zoom-rate)
15. Fixed a bug where Voltage Division might not properly set for CH1 & CH2 in certain situations.

RobertH: Hopefully #15 fixes your issues.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf