Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 852325 times)

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2014, 05:59:30 pm »
I am very sorry, I have taken it down immediately. :palm:  Can anyone suggest a safe way of doing this please?
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2014, 06:00:08 pm »
I am very sorry, I have taken it down immediately. :palm:  Can anyone suggest a safe way of doing this please?

jumpshare.com

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2014, 06:13:45 pm »
No worries Matchless, not your fault and no damage done  :)
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2014, 07:22:14 pm »
OK, thanks RichardK. Here is the manual roughly updated to page 12

http://jmp.sh/8f7hBHD

Hope this one works properly!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:25:20 pm by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2014, 01:12:46 am »

No harm done here either.  I have a system "Ghost" image.  I regularly restore it and flush the junk off my system.  It was about time to do it anyhow.

Rick

Offline roderick

• Contributor
    • Small Projects
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2014, 01:22:30 am »
Hi, I'm new to this site.  Please forgive me if I get some names wrong, or mention things that are already known.  I downloaded the PR13 build of the binary and tried it.  Here are my thoughts as an outsider:

1) Just having the horizontal scroll control on the top of the display makes this program infinitely more valuable than the stock Hantek software.  (I'd put the Clapping emoticon here if I could figure out how to insert it...)  All the rest is gravy.  RichardK, are you the only author?  I would like to send a small token of my appreciation to the contributors.

2) When I first ran the program on my laptop, I had the scope disconnected, so got the Device Not Found warning.  I clicked Yes to attempt Demo mode, and got a warning about No Default Printer being present.  The program then exited.  Ideally, it would be better for that to be a warning than a fatal error.  When I set a default printer to some dummy device, the program came up in Demo.  Seemed to work fine.  Glad that you have the Random waveform.  The others are so regular, it's hard to know where I'm scrolling.

3) I connected the scope, and started up the program for real.  Captured a one-shot waveform, and used the horizontal scroll bar to look at it.  I noticed that the Zoom function is like a display zoom; it magnifies in both the x- and y-dimensions.  I think that what I really want most of the time is horizontal zoom, with vertical zoom being a distant second, and both at once an even more distant third.

4) After scrolling to a part of the waveform other than the default center part, I changed the volts/div on CH1.  The display remained centered on the section of interest, but changed the vertical gain as expected.

5) I then tried changing the time/div.  Every time I did this, the display reset to center the trace.  Ideally, I would want it to stay centered on whatever I was viewing, just like changing the volts/div above.  Then if I wanted to gradually zoom in on an interesting part of the waveform, I could zoom partway in, re-center, and zoom in again.

6) The ultimate would be zoom in and out to a rectangle that I get to sweep out with my mouse.  I know that's asking for a lot, but ideally, if I did a zoom in by cursor select, the software would put the middle of the region I select at the center of the screen, and select "reasonable" units for timescale.  Like if I chose a region that translated into 7 uS per division, the software would show the trace to me at 10 uS per division, always favoring showing a little more when there is a choice.  Same thing with volts per division.  I dare to dream!

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2014, 02:26:17 am »
2) When I first ran the program on my laptop, I had the scope disconnected, so got the Device Not Found warning.  I clicked Yes to attempt Demo mode, and got a warning about No Default Printer being present.  The program then exited.  Ideally, it would be better for that to be a warning than a fatal error.  When I set a default printer to some dummy device, the program came up in Demo.  Seemed to work fine.  Glad that you have the Random waveform.  The others are so regular, it's hard to know where I'm scrolling.

That's not my error, and I wasn't even aware it existed until now... I looked around and it's the bane of just about every C++ Builder developer's existence.

Apparently, if a TPrintDialog component is placed *anywhere* in the project and the "Copies" property is set to anything above 0, when run on a Computer without a printer installed you will get a big fat Exception and ungraceful program termination.

I have set Copies to 0 by default, and in Print dialog Constructor if printers are found, I set it to 1 (as it's currently set to). Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2014, 07:19:42 pm »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/aqaEw5c

What's New:
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Fixed a random crash/hang bug when using FFT.
2. FFT's now update properly on stopped waveforms.
3. Fixed an FFT Fundamental Negative Frequency bug.
4. Fixed a bug where zooming stopped waveforms would cause
   interactive cursors to go off trace.
5. Increased Time and Voltage division drop-down lengths.
6. Fixed a bug where Math Interactive Cursors would go off trace.
7. Fixed the Math Channel roll issue.
8. Disable AC Couple & Invert options when Acquire Stopped.
9. Fixed a crash on start up if no Printer is installed.
10. Fixed a bug where Measurements would not update on stopped waveforms.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2014, 11:57:44 pm »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/aqaEw5c

What's New:
1. Fixed a random crash/hang bug when using FFT.
2. FFT's now update properly on stopped waveforms.
3. Fixed an FFT Fundamental Negative Frequency bug.
4. Fixed a bug where zooming stopped waveforms would cause
   interactive cursors to go off trace.
6. Fixed a bug where Math Interactive Cursors would go off trace.
8. Disable AC Couple & Invert options when Acquire Stopped.
9. Fixed a crash on start up if no Printer is installed.
10. Fixed a bug where Measurements would not update on stopped waveforms.

Works nice!  A lot less scrolling needed now.  By the way, do you still plan to trim the zero's after the decimal?

b]Works very nice!  On Ch1 trigger, I can't get it to roll anymore.[/b]    I am not sure if Ch2 trigger and Normal trigger is done yet.  I can get it to roll if I change to Ch2 trigger (Ch2/Normal/Rise) with the same method as described before on 110KHz, 5uS/div, +-3V square wave.

New Issue - System hung (with Math):
1. Set Signal to 2.11MHz, 0 to 3V Square wave.
2. Have both Ch1 and Ch2 connected to the same signal source
3. Start PR14
4. Adjust trigger level to about mid-way of the square wave, I did that on both Ch1 and Ch2 planning to shortly switch triggering channel.  But the bug hit before I change anything with trigger.
5. Start MATH and just use the default "ADD"
6. At this point V/div, time/div, and trigger settings are still startup default
7. Change time/div to 2uS
8. Switch time/div to 5uS - now PR14 application is hung

This bug only hit when Math is on.  Once you hit the bug, X'out of the app doesn't totally return to normal.  I have a hard time restarting the system with Control-Alt-Delete. 

Rick

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2014, 12:17:37 am »
3. Start PR14
4. Adjust trigger level to about mid-way of the square wave, I did that on both Ch1 and Ch2 planning to shortly switch triggering channel.  But the bug hit before I change anything with trigger.
6. At this point V/div, time/div, and trigger settings are still startup default

This bug only hit when Math is on.  Once you hit the bug, X'out of the app doesn't totally return to normal.  I have a hard time restarting the system with Control-Alt-Delete.

Not able to replicate it yet, but I'll keep investigating.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2014, 07:22:17 am »
3. Start PR14

Not able to replicate it yet, but I'll keep investigating.

Interesting!  Prior to reporting it, I was able to hit that even right after reboot.  I tried at least 5 times to make sure and get the "reproduce" steps log properly.

I will do another verification tomorrow, and this time, make sure I didn't do anything in between that I deem inconsequential and didn't log that.  If nothing new come up, I will try it with a different machine.  Stay tune, I will report back.

Rick

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:37 pm »
Interesting!  Prior to reporting it, I was able to hit that even right after reboot.  I tried at least 5 times to make sure and get the "reproduce" steps log properly.

I will do another verification tomorrow, and this time, make sure I didn't do anything in between that I deem inconsequential and didn't log that.  If nothing new come up, I will try it with a different machine.  Stay tune, I will report back.

Rick

No worries, I think I fixed it :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2014, 07:36:26 pm »
I recently saw a clone of the 6022BE for sale on e*ay and took a look at the 'manufacturers' web site. Instrustar is the name on the units. Take a look here:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.instrustar.com/product_detail.asp%3Fnid%3D1595&prev=/search%3Fq%3Disds205a%2Bsoftware%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D506

There is also software available to download.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.instrustar.com/product_detail.asp%3Fnid%3D1595&prev=/search%3Fq%3Disds205a%2Bsoftware%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D506

http://www.instrustar.com/download_detail.asp?nid=1536

Manual is here:

http://20121015114.web47.ckuai.com/upload/user%20guide/ISDS205A%20User%20Guide.pdf

I have not tried the software on a 6022BE but thought this information may be of some interest ?

UPDATE: Having looked into this DSO, sadly it appears that the unit looks similar but is likely not the same as the 6022BE. Oh well, it was a thought.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:05:51 pm by Aurora »

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2014, 07:56:00 pm »
I recently saw a clone of the 6022BE for sale on e*ay and took a look at the 'manufacturers' web site. Instrustar is the name on the units. Take a look here:

There is also software available to download.

http://www.instrustar.com/download_detail.asp?nid=1536

Manual is here:

http://20121015114.web47.ckuai.com/upload/user%20guide/ISDS205A%20User%20Guide.pdf

I have not tried the software on a 6022BE but thought this information may be of some interest ?

I seen this before also... Thanks for the links, downloading the English Version and the SDK for a look-over :)

Edit: I looked at the software (no it doesn't work with 6022BE hardware, shocker lol) and the SDK, and it's completely different from Hantek's stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if the outside was the only thing in common with the 6022BE, I.E. totally different hardware.

Would be interesting none the less to have a peak inside one of these clones...

Also, their software package seems to be a One for All approach, instead of having a unique Application for each DSO model, they created one Application that works with several different models, so some features in software would not work on less capable models.

Also, they do not render their FFT inside the scope, it appears they just have a "Spectrum Analyzer" mode (in a separate tab) which makes the Scope look like a Spectrum Analyzer by doing a Fourier transform on the channel data.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:33:25 pm by RichardK »

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2014, 09:00:47 pm »

Rick

No worries, I think I fixed it :)

Great!  I look forward to trying.

I also tested it a bit more.  Even the stock software has problem switching between 2uS (48Mhz) and anything <48MHz (5uS and up) when Math is on.  I hit this problem with 2 different machines.

I have a simpler "get to the problem" process now if you like to verify before building PR15:
1. Reboot
2. Hook up to scope's reference on both Ch.
3. Start Open6022 or stock, 2v/div, 500uS/div
4. Set trigger to about 1V (available only with Open6022BE) but leave trigger conditions unchanged (Ch1/Auto/Rising)
5. Start Math (A+B default is fine)
6. Switch to 2uS - program hangs

Alternative route - this one switch from 48MHz
5A. Before starting Math, Switch first to 2uS
6A. Start Math (A+B)
7A. It does not hang, switch to dot/vector and it draws fine...
8A. Switch to 5uS (away from 48MHz to 16MHz)
9A. Hung.

Both Stock and Open6022BE hits this problem.  It is to and from 48Mhz that it doesn't seem to like.

Rick
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:07:12 pm by Rick Law »

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2014, 11:16:15 pm »
WOW! RichardK -- you are amazing! I've been forgetting to check in on this thread over the last couple weeks (I've been busy with work) but man! The software is amazing now! This scope might actually get some use from me.

I'm upgrading to a Rigol DS2072 soon, and I already have an HP 54645D, but for quick measurements with my PC this software actually makes this thing worth having around.

RichardK, do you have a 'tip jar' PayPal set up or anything? I'd love to support your development! Or if there's any other way I can help (software/hardware) let me know! My C is alright, but I don't know what language you're using to develop this.... any way I can help just ask!
--------------------------------------
Canadian hacker

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2014, 12:04:22 am »
RichardK, do you have a 'tip jar' PayPal set up or anything? I'd love to support your development! Or if there's any other way I can help (software/hardware) let me know! My C is alright, but I don't know what language you're using to develop this.... any way I can help just ask!

Nah I have nothing like that set up, and it's being written in C++, specifically using CodeGear's RAD Studio (formally Borland C++ Builder)...

Once I have the major parts done I'm going to run through the code and clean it up, because this whole project has been a learn as you go, trial and error, and in some cases, reverse engineer the hell out of the stock software (simply because of the giant lack of information on the SDK)... Actually, I'm currently reverse engineering the stock software to figure out how the hell to use the HTDisplayDLL's HTDrawWaveInXY() for XY support.

As a result, the code is a bit messy and needs to be cleaned up and commented, and some parts rewritten (now that relevant information has been obtained).

After the code is cleaned up and properly documented with comments, I'll be uploading the whole thing to it's own source forge page, for anyone to modify it to their hearts content.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:07:14 am by RichardK »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2014, 02:21:16 am »
RichardK, You are a true Gentleman and Scholar  :-+

Thank you

Aurora

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2014, 03:16:50 am »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/2QnHfye

What's New:
1. Various Rendering performance improvements.
2. Added a right click menu to output window to copy measure output to clipboard.
3. Fixed a bug where changing Time Division with Math Channel enabled could cause
   the application to hang.
4. Fixed a bug where changing Time Division would sometimes not update Sample Rate
   display.
5. Fixed a bug where Math & Reference Trigger Leavers would not rescale on form resize.
6. Implemented XY mode.
EDIT: 7. Added a color option for XY mode to the Waveform Color dialog.

Some information about XY Mode, in the stock software, X is hard coded to CH1 and Y is hard coded to CH2 and it renders off the entire
capture buffer.

I have provided two XY modes, one that renders off the entire capture buffer (like stock software) and a new mode that renders off the data in view (the part that would be visible in YT mode).

I must also note that the XY mode is a bit CPU intensive and the interface can get sluggish when the data capture is large, this is why I implemented an XY Visible mode, it will use a smaller data set while not bogging down the interface as much.

Also, instead of having hard coded X and Y sources, the X Channel Source is whatever Vertical Control A (the first control) is set to and the Y Channel Source is whatever Vertical Control B (the second control under Control A) is set to.

And for anyone who is interested, the SDK documentation for HTDisplayDLL doesn't provide any information at all on the DrawWaveInXY methods, so here is my reverse engineered function declarations for those interested in using them.

Code: [Select]
//Draw Wave in XY (C++)
DLL_API int WINAPI HTDrawWaveInXY(
HDC hdc,
int Left,
int Top,
int Right,
int Bottom,
short* ptrCH1RawData,
short* ptrCH2RawData,
short CH1Lever,
short CH2Lever,
unsigned long DataSize,
COLORREF color);

//Draw Wave in XY (New)
DLL_API int WINAPI HTDrawWaveInXYNew(
HDC hdc,
int Left,
int Top,
int Right,
int Bottom,
short* ptrCH1RawData,
short* ptrCH2RawData,
short CH1Lever,
short CH2Lever,
unsigned long DataSize,
COLORREF color);

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:35:15 am by RichardK »

Offline roderick

• Contributor
    • Small Projects
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:30 am »
Great job!  I haven't been checking this forum every day, but just tried version PR15.  I confirm, the "no default printer" issue is fixed!

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2014, 09:08:55 am »
@RichardK:
Now that most of the stuff is working great could you please add one small improvement? ;)

It would be great if you could add onClick event on rotary buttons so that when you click on the button the dropdown next to it is selected.
This way it will be really easy to quickly change Volt/DIV and Time/DIV values up and down with mouse wheel.

Tnx for all the effort.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »
@RichardK:
Now that most of the stuff is working great could you please add one small improvement? ;)

It would be great if you could add onClick event on rotary buttons so that when you click on the button the dropdown next to it is selected.
This way it will be really easy to quickly change Volt/DIV and Time/DIV values up and down with mouse wheel.

Tnx for all the effort.

Done.

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2014, 02:52:42 pm »
Tnx. Can't wait for the next release. :-+

Offline RobertH

• Contributor
    • monochromatic
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2014, 12:02:34 am »
@ RichardK: with every release of your work using the 6022BE gets more and more confortable! Great work!

Robert
Sorry, I'm not a signature, I'm just tidying up this mess ...

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2014, 06:48:43 pm »
When running the latest OPEN6022BE I find that when both probes are connected to the internal reference output I get two nice square waves, but they shudder and move around regardless of whether on trigger CH1 or CH2.
When I add a reference waveform from the menu button function generator, it displays nicely and the reference waveform sits there solid as a rock.
Now I select AC coupling on CH1 (trigger is also CH1) and the reference wave starts running and CH1 and 2 becomes stable, then after a short while the red led comes on and the software  freezes and only a end task in task manager can release it. The same happens when trigger is CH2 and AC Coupling is selected on CH2.

If I select Reference as trigger source CH1 and CH2 still jump around (with no AC coupling) the software also freezes after a short while and has to be cleared in task manager. Selecting AC coupling (before the program freezes) agitates the CH1 and CH2 channels more and the program freezes after a short while as well.

Hope my explanation is not too jumbled!
Regards
Matchless

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf