Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 852416 times)

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 05:17:26 am »
It might help to state what USB (host) controller you're using, and what else is plugged into it, if anything. Other devices using the bus can cause all sorts of weird issues in a realtime application like this.

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 10:55:43 am »
I have read many times that a real time data acquisition product should not share the USB bus with any other item. My Win7 Netbook is no powerhouse PC as it is a 1.83GHz Atom but it copes well with the program. I used only the 6022BE on its USB bus so there were no contention issues  :)

Your point is very valid where test equipment is concerned. Bearing in mind that I was going to hook up the 6022BE DSO, 1025G FG and 4032L LA on one DellX300 Win XP laptop computer....that no longer looks like a good idea ! Maybe that is the reason why we have not seen the mystical Hantek USBXI multi unit docking station ? Bus contention may have made the units misbehave. This is the downside of the symbiotic nature of PC test equipment.
Fortunately I have at least six Dell X300's so I could even dedicate one to each piece of test kit   ;D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:57:57 am by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline djcristi

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »
i received this 6022be scope 1 week ago, done some basic testing, as many other said, ok hardware but bad software (crappy actually). the most annoying thing is the scroll on the a single shot. for eg. i set it to 500ms/div, it records the signal, you zoom in after, and you want to center the segment you want to see more details, this is where it gets ugly,  cause you have to drag with the mouse left/right, and most of the times it refuses to do that. maybe it's my windows (7 64bit) or my monitor 1440p resolution, but i find the software to be useless anyway....

i am using it to trace an kwp2000 signal (~10kbps) so for this use it's enough 40msps , actually it's 1msps on longer timebase...

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 05:31:27 am »
i received this 6022be scope 1 week ago, done some basic testing, as many other said, ok hardware but bad software (crappy actually). the most annoying thing is the scroll on the a single shot. for eg. i set it to 500ms/div, it records the signal, you zoom in after, and you want to center the segment you want to see more details, this is where it gets ugly,  cause you have to drag with the mouse left/right, and most of the times it refuses to do that. maybe it's my windows (7 64bit) or my monitor 1440p resolution, but i find the software to be useless anyway....

i am using it to trace an kwp2000 signal (~10kbps) so for this use it's enough 40msps , actually it's 1msps on longer timebase...

Did you turn your cursor off first?  The dragging left/right works a lot better with the cursor off.

I had a lot of problem trying to move the wave left/right until I tried turning off the cursor first (1600x1200).  It drags without problem but it is still a problem finding the wave form.

Offline djcristi

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 08:05:36 am »

Did you turn your cursor off first?  The dragging left/right works a lot better with the cursor off.

I had a lot of problem trying to move the wave left/right until I tried turning off the cursor first (1600x1200).  It drags without problem but it is still a problem finding the wave form.

i think you mean to click the "none cursor" button. yes. i always do that first, but when i try to drag the part that i want to the center (to be able to zoom it later) , it won't move, or it moves a little then jumps back where it was :((

l.e. : i've found out if you use autoset first, the scroll will work after, what a shitty software
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:11:46 am by djcristi »

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 05:16:28 pm »
Hello, I'm new here and just purchased a Hantek 6022BE v 1.0.3. If I'm butting in here and should not be, please ignore or have the moderator remove.  Do not want to ruin a thread.

To begin, this is my first oscilloscope, purchased more to learn than anything else.  I'm using WIN XP Prof. on a dated Lenova laptop. There is one problem (or maybe not).  The software loaded correctly, and the driver (6022BEAMD642) seems to have installed correctly.  However, when I run the initial setup test, I can get a square waveform only on CH1.  CH2 shows mostly noise, and no distinguishable waveform.  So question:  should I be getting a square waveform on CH2 self-test?  I note in my Hardware that it lists only DRIVER 2  Should there be a DRIVER 1?  I have tried reinstalling, but same thing.

TIA

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 07:33:22 pm »
Hello, I'm new here and just purchased a Hantek 6022BE v 1.0.3. If I'm butting in here and should not be, please ignore or have the moderator remove.  Do not want to ruin a thread.

To begin, this is my first oscilloscope, purchased more to learn than anything else.  I'm using WIN XP Prof. on a dated Lenova laptop. There is one problem (or maybe not).  The software loaded correctly, and the driver (6022BEAMD642) seems to have installed correctly.  However, when I run the initial setup test, I can get a square waveform only on CH1.  CH2 shows mostly noise, and no distinguishable waveform.  So question:  should I be getting a square waveform on CH2 self-test?  I note in my Hardware that it lists only DRIVER 2  Should there be a DRIVER 1?  I have tried reinstalling, but same thing.

TIA

First answer to your last question:  I too see only driver 2 while both my channels are working.  I did a registry search and don't find DRIVE1 or DRIVER2 in the registry either.  Perhaps DRIVER1 is a mini-port driver and DRIVER2 connects to the mini-port (like the IDE/ATA driver and then a driver for the disk itself).

Second, may be obvious but since this is your first scope, may be you missed this:  Did you check-mark Ch2 to turn it on?  See on the attached jpg ithe green checkmark close to the big round "knob".

Good luck! Hope this helps.
Rick
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:35:25 pm by Rick Law »

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 03:42:19 am »
Thanks Rick, for the feedback.  Yep, the newbie thingy about sums it up.  The problem was me! :-//  I thought the probes must be connected to separate test points.  Worked perfectly when I connected the probes to the same input, and a ground to the other.  Daaaa!  Should prove to be fun.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 04:07:52 am »
Thanks Rick, for the feedback.  Yep, the newbie thingy about sums it up.  The problem was me! :-//  I thought the probes must be connected to separate test points.  Worked perfectly when I connected the probes to the same input, and a ground to the other.  Daaaa!  Should prove to be fun.
This forum is full of experience and most folks here are very kind and helpful to newbies.

I too am kind of new.  I am a newbie on second-tour.  (I did a little electronics long time ago in college because it was required, and I just recently return to do it for fun.)  I forgot the stuff I learned eons ago and I am learning them anew.

With USB scope, remember one very important thing:
Your scope shares a ground with USB which means the share the ground with your computer, which means the monitor, which means... well, your dish washer, your refrigerator...

Perhaps for the first week or so until you get more used to operating this scope, may I suggest: To ensure isolation, use a laptop on battery, NO external monitor and NO wired network.

Rick

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 05:45:39 am »
Thanks Rick.  I have it on an old Lenovo Pent IV, XP running on battery power except to recharge.  Not physically connected, but on wireless.  So if it blows the system, no big deal.

Gord

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 06:17:55 am »
I know this scope isn't the greatest, but you can certainly have some fun with it ...  :-DD  :-DMM

--------------------------------------
Canadian hacker

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 03:04:28 am »
Good one.  :-DD

Getting serious, Re: Driver 1 & 2 .... Strange, today my system did not recognize the Hantek, and had to reinstall driver(s).  This time it loaded both 1 & 2.  Everything seems good.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 04:36:34 am »
Good one.  :-DD

Getting serious, Re: Driver 1 & 2 .... Strange, today my system did not recognize the Hantek, and had to reinstall driver(s).  This time it loaded both 1 & 2.  Everything seems good.

You probably switched to a different USB port so it has to load the drivers for that USB port. 

Re: loaded 1&2 - mine installed with both 1&2 also.  Let's compare notes: Check your device driver list and see if you have both listed.  I am curious as to if it list Driver1&2.  (I suspect not, but curious still.)

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 10:27:55 pm »
Only Driver 2 shows.  My system slowed down to a crawl.  Ran Alvira and found I had a virus.  No indications of one a week ago.  Loaded two software programs, one for the oscilloscope, and a SuperAntiSpyware program.  Have not used the laptop for internet, except when on vacation in July.  So could possibly be a delayed reaction to something picked up over a hotel wireless network.

Anyways, Alvira seems to have taken care of it.

When I use the Hantek for some actual work, will post the results.  It would be nice to have a waveform generator.  Guess could test a battery operated radio???

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:07 pm »
Ummm.."supper anti spyware program" ?????

Is it from a well known vendor and from their own website ? A common malware exploit is to provide a utility that appears to be legit and worthwhile loading onto your PC. Freebies especially risky. You actually permit the installation of the malware as part of the installation process :scared:

Also be aware that most decent malware attacks will defeat the anti-virus program that is installed and make it appear that the AV has cured the problem when in fact it has not. Be careful what you do on your PC and I suggest you run some other AV programs to see what they find, if anything.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:57:25 am by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 01:20:18 am »
Avast! Is a good free one. Ad-Aware is CRAP now used to be great. I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware alongside avast and my PC has always run great.

I heard that each cable was for a separate channel - however mine only shipped with one probe (not two as advertised) but when I touch the channel 2 input I can get a 60Hz mains wave so its clearly working with just the black plug.

Typed using Hacker's Keyboard for Android

Canadian hacker

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:59 am »
...I heard that each cable was for a separate channel - however mine only shipped with one probe (not two as advertised) but when I touch the channel 2 input I can get a 60Hz mains wave so its clearly working with just the black plug...

The 6022BE is suppose to include 2 probes with two sets of all the trimmings (ie: 2 plastic screw drivers, 2 probe-manual, 2 sets of color rings).  1x/10x probes with reasonable quality given the low price ($70) of the scope.

If you got only one probe, perhaps you should contact the seller or Hantek.

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 03:37:55 am »
Oh believe me, I contacted the seller, lol. Because someone else paid for it, I had to get their eBay info, which I did... and anyway, I've still heard nothing back, not for lack of trying.

Because it was through eBay and it's someone else's account not a lot I can do...  |O Oh well. I'll have more probes soon anyway.
Canadian hacker

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »
Ummm.."supper anti spyware program" ?????

Is it from a well known vendor and from their own website ? A common malware exploit is to provide a utility that appears to be legit and worthwhile loading onto your PC. Freebies especially risky. You actually permit the installation of the malware as part of the installation process :scared:

Also be aware that most decent malware attacks will defeat the anti-virus program that is installed and make it appear that the AV has cured the problem when in fact it has not. Be careful what you do on your PC and I suggest you run some other AV programs to see what they find, if anything.

Pretty certain it was infected prior to the antivirus software download.  The system had become extremely slow, almost unresponsive in search mode.  When I downloaded/ran Avira and quarantined  the EXP/2012-0507.BC.4 virus, the system returned to normal.

The spyware program is well-known http://superantispyware.com/

Offline roboBOT

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2013, 05:47:33 pm »
Question:  my USB patch cord has two connections, one black, one red.  As both channels work off the black connector, can I assume the red one is for recording/saving screenshots?  There is no mention of it in the manual.

TIA

Offline baljemmett

• Supporter
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2013, 06:30:45 pm »
Question:  my USB patch cord has two connections, one black, one red.  As both channels work off the black connector, can I assume the red one is for recording/saving screenshots?  There is no mention of it in the manual.

Usually that sort of arrangement is for devices that might need to draw two USB ports' worth of power - e.g. I have a cable that came with one of my external hard drives, with a mini-USB for the hard drive and two full USB plugs, one marked with a thunderbolt to mean 'power only'.  If the port the 'normal' connector is plugged into doesn't give enough grunt to power the device, the 'power only' connector is supposed to be plugged in as well.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 12:36:59 am »

TIA

I think that is their device extension port.  This from their website on 6022BE features:
"Standard USBXI(TM) interface, easily inserts into USBXI(TM) housing to make up a combination instrument."

Rick

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
Re: Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 01:52:01 am »

TIA

I think that is their device extension port.  This from their website on 6022BE features:
"Standard USBXI(TM) interface, easily inserts into USBXI(TM) housing to make up a combination instrument."

Rick

nope, that's the card connector on the back of the device. As has been mentioned multiple times, red for extra power (not always needed) black for data. Simple as that. I bet if you opened up the cable the red one would simply have +5 and GND connected into the black cables' respective lines.

Canadian hacker

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
Re: Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 05:31:51 pm »

TIA

Rick

nope, that's the card connector on the back of the device. As has been mentioned multiple times, red for extra power (not always needed) black for data. Simple as that. I bet if you opened up the cable the red one would simply have +5 and GND connected into the black cables' respective lines.

Oops, I missed that.  Good to know.  I stand corrected.

Offline marm496

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »
from pinout i would say the ADC is AD9288.

Btw, do have have higher res pictures? PM

It's a AD9288BSTZ-40 analog to digital converter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf