Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 852352 times)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »
Do you know if anyone has figured out why two drivers are installed (one is hidden)?

One quietly loads the firmware into the device (it has no internal storage for the firmware, so it's stored in one of the device drivers).

The second driver is for communicating with the active device (now loaded with firmware) and it acts as a communication proxy between the device and HTMarch.dll.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #376 on: February 26, 2014, 03:27:30 am »
1. Lacking ability to adjust V/div for math (and reference)

Not sure what you mean, changing the Voltage Division for Math and Reference works fine here.

I must have been too preoccupied hunting for the "rolling trace".  I totally missed the v/div adjustment for math.

I have to check that out again.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #377 on: February 26, 2014, 03:32:27 am »
Rick,
      Just wondering, have you tried with any other remote desktop program? Maybe the free Teamviewer?

No, I have not tried Teamviewer.  Time has not allowed me to dig into this RDC issue much yet.  Thanks for pointing that out - I should give that a try.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2014, 05:51:20 am »
Do you know if anyone has figured out why two drivers are installed (one is hidden)?

One quietly loads the firmware into the device (it has no internal storage for the firmware, so it's stored in one of the device drivers).

The second driver is for communicating with the active device (now loaded with firmware) and it acts as a communication proxy between the device and HTMarch.dll.

Ah! Thanks Richard, I recalll someone said the firmware is in the driver, so thats it!
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #379 on: February 26, 2014, 06:49:15 pm »
Latest Binary: http://jmp.sh/CxPNMVk

What's New:
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Clicking on Vertical Control Knobs will now select the Vertical Control lists.
2. Fixed a random hang bug.
3. Fixed some Trigger issues.
4. Added an option in Reference Function Generator to select which channel to trigger
   Reference waveforms off of.
5. Added a Digital Phosphor/Persistence effect to Display->Waveform->Render menu.
6. Fixed a Lever selection/dragging bug.
7. Implemented FFT Scale in dB option.
8. Fixed an FFT Rendering bug where the generated FFT Image would not stretch to fit
   the entire Scope width.
9. Fixed an FFT crash while changing Frequency Bins.
10. Implemented Default Settings Menu Item & Toolbar Button.
11. Renamed some Menu Items and moved a few things around.
12. Implemented the Auto Setup feature (Menu & Toolbar Buttons available).
13. Removed dependance on HTDisplayDll.dll (file no longer required to run).

Notes:
1. The Digital Phosphor mode has a "Phosphor Persistence" adjustment which you can adjust in conjunction with the Waveform brightness which will give you more control over the effect. This effect (as well as waveform brightness adjustment) does not work on 64bit Windows sorry, this is due to a Microsoft oversight in their AlphaBlend() API function. Some day I might do my own AlphaBlend function, but not any time soon.
2. The Auto Setup feature is implemented but may not behave exactly like stock software's Auto Setup and it might not do what you expect in certain situations as I have not fully tested it yet.
3. The HTDisplayDll DLL is no longer required to run Open6022BE due to hours of reverse engineering.  :-/O

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:01:46 pm by RichardK »

Offline sandos

• Contributor
« Reply #380 on: February 26, 2014, 08:29:18 pm »
For some reason, this version is virtually unusuable for me, it hangs almost at once. Well, it doesnt hang as much as it just stops drawing anything. Btw what does "Debug Information" do, anyway?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:31:47 pm by sandos »

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #381 on: February 26, 2014, 08:42:24 pm »
It works fine on my pc. (Win7 32bit)

I specialy like clickable knobs and Digital Phosphor.

Tnx Richard. :-+

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2014, 08:47:52 pm »
RichardK,
              Running Windows 8 (32bit) and the latest version crashes after about 6 seconds....
 Hope this is just a small glitch and itching to see it in action with all those improvements you listed!
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #383 on: February 26, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »
RichardK,
              Running Windows 8 (32bit) and the latest version crashes after about 6 seconds....
 Hope this is just a small glitch and itching to see it in action with all those improvements you listed!

Can you detail the crash more? What kind? Hang? or Access Violation, etc...? If it hangs, can you move the form, or interact with controls?

Does it crash even if you don't change any settings?

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #384 on: February 26, 2014, 09:03:23 pm »
For some reason, this version is virtually unusuable for me, it hangs almost at once. Well, it doesnt hang as much as it just stops drawing anything. Btw what does "Debug Information" do, anyway?

Working fine on all my machines here... Very odd.

I'm making a new build shortly with Timeouts in my Lock() methods... Hopefully this addresses the issue as it seems to be some race condition which happens to some people but not all...

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #385 on: February 26, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »
Richardk,
              I tried it on Windows 7 and the same failure. The program stops running and the flashing green led flashes red. The waveforms disappear and if I click on the v/div button I cannot turn it, but the voltage in the window changes properly.
If I manage to "turn" the button from the default 2V to say anything under 1V before it fails,  it will then stay up and running until I "turn" the button over 1V or 2V then it fails again. Its hard to sort of catch it in time to reproduce the fault.
Hope this little info helps.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:21:22 pm by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #386 on: February 26, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »
Reuploaded: http://jmp.sh/6iXvKER

Hopefully this corrects the issues because I'm running out of ideas lol...  |O

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2014, 07:20:08 am »
RichardK,
            It seems as if you nailed it. It seems stable now. I will do some more testing later today.
Unfortunately it still does it, but takes a bit longer before it fails!

Thanks, you are doing great work!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:27:57 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2014, 12:13:54 pm »
RichardK,
              The traces disappearing of the screen is still happening. They disappear after 3 to 4 seconds mostly and sometime a little bit longer. I am on Win8 and have both probes to the reference output tag, then I run OPEN6022BE:
1) If I can grab the Ch1 V/Div black spot on the yellow button in time and turn it to something below 2V it seems to stay stable and run properly.
2) If I can drag the Trigger pointer away from the bottom of the wave on Ch1 in time then the programs seems stable. Any length of time thereafter if I drag the trigger pointer to the lower part of the wave, where the noise is, the failure occurs again.
3) At times trying to do above the GUI freezes and the yellow and blue knobs disappear and I have to end task in task manager.

I can try to help as far as I can, but you will have to advise me on what to do and how to do it.
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2014, 05:01:16 pm »
Hopefully this build does the trick: http://jmp.sh/CxPNMVk

:-BROKE
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:06:27 pm by RichardK »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »
RichardK, I am happy to report that I do not experience this on either win7 or Win8 any more! :clap:

Click and using the mouse scroll wheel is really very nice!

On the original software one could click the mouse cursor at the position you wanted the button to turn. This obviously does not work on OPEN6022BE, but for some reason it sometimes attempts to work when you click the button. The black dot may or may not move fully or partially to the cursor position. Its hard to reproduce.

Thanks again!!!
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2014, 05:45:00 pm »
RichardK, I am happy to report that I do not experience this on either win7 or Win8 any more! :clap:

Good to hear  :phew:

On the original software one could click the mouse cursor at the position you wanted the button to turn. This obviously does not work on OPEN6022BE, but for some reason it sometimes attempts to work when you click the button. The black dot may or may not move fully or partially to the cursor position. Its hard to reproduce.

I just implemented clicking to reposition knob, so for the next release it will operate as it does in the stock software. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2014, 06:00:20 pm »
I must add, setting the Phosphor Persistence brings about another dimension when zooming in on a waveform!! I really like that!

I can just repeat myself - Excellent work!
Regards
Matchless

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2014, 06:36:07 pm »
I decided to try this out even though I dont have a scope. Just because it seems like you are making huge headway RichardK. I must say this thing is super fluid and I can see this device being SUPER useful for a variety of people now. It makes what was a buggy budget scope into a usable entry-level device.

A couple things I noticed in demo-mode.

The first relate to the noise functions:
1) Horizontal noise doesn't work with the square wave
2) Vertical noise seems to be dependent on the value of the points. For example, a square wave from 0-2V will have loads of noise at the top but zero noise in the valley.

Now these both may have be functioning as intended but they just seemed a bit "off" to me. If it was the way you intended keep them as is because clearly you know what you are oding.

The others deal with DPO mode, it would be nice to have a clear screen button. Otherwise its very easy to get displays that look like this:

;D

Also, turning off a channel and/or clearing it should remove the wave. it looks like it turns off the channel but doesn't remove the DPO left-overs.

I have to say, after playing with yoru software I'm REALLY considering picking one of these up. These have turned into a hidden gem of a device thanks to your software and hardwork. Huge props for what you have done.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline xxzzyzx

« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »
Had to register just to Chip in...

Received my 6022BE today! Having installed the stock software, I quickly decided it wasn't very good, and a potentially crippling limitation to these natty bits of kit. I was looking for a Linux solution (which there doesn't seem to be one, FWIW) when I stumbled upon this thread and was happy to see that it was active.

RichardK, your Open6022BE is a fantastic piece of software, many times better than the one Hantek supply.  I just wanted to echo the others in saying good work, and thanks for your hard work. Bravo.

I shall be putting it through it's paces in the coming days, so if I can chip in bug finding / feature ideas etc. I will!

Thanks again,
JamesR

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2014, 07:07:17 pm »
While I was googling around I found what appears to be the official Hantek help forum. It looks fairly active.

http://www.hantek.org/asken/

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2014, 07:38:01 pm »
While I was googling around I found what appears to be the official Hantek help forum. It looks fairly active.

http://www.hantek.org/asken/

Good find, I'm not able to reply to any of the 6022BE related questions though... The reply button doesn't appear to do anything...

I did add a loaded question though about the pre-trigger acquisition  >:D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:42:18 pm by RichardK »

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:59 pm »
Be nice if they sent you some samples to play with.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »
Had to register just to Chip in...

Received my 6022BE today! Having installed the stock software, I quickly decided it wasn't very good, and a potentially crippling limitation to these natty bits of kit. I was looking for a Linux solution (which there doesn't seem to be one, FWIW) when I stumbled upon this thread and was happy to see that it was active.

RichardK, your Open6022BE is a fantastic piece of software, many times better than the one Hantek supply.  I just wanted to echo the others in saying good work, and thanks for your hard work. Bravo.

I shall be putting it through it's paces in the coming days, so if I can chip in bug finding / feature ideas etc. I will!

Thanks again,
JamesR

Thanks and welcome to the forums :)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2014, 08:05:20 pm »
1) Horizontal noise doesn't work with the square wave

Yeah that's a limitation of the way I'm generating them, so I'm thinking about having two types, a pure square wave which will work like other functions because it will be derived from a sine wave, but the caveat being no ability to change duty cycle, and the square wave already implemented which is not derived from a sine wave and will have duty cycle adjustments but no horizontal noise.

2) Vertical noise seems to be dependent on the value of the points. For example, a square wave from 0-2V will have loads of noise at the top but zero noise in the valley.

I have noticed this also, it seems to be some quirk in the Hantek draw wave function, the noise will appear but at a much higher level (just keep ticking the noise up and it will eventually appear).

The others deal with DPO mode, it would be nice to have a clear screen button. Otherwise its very easy to get displays that look like this:

;D

Also, turning off a channel and/or clearing it should remove the wave. it looks like it turns off the channel but doesn't remove the DPO left-overs.

I have added a clear display option in the next release, thanks for the feedback :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf