Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 856036 times)

Offline LETARTARE

Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #575 on: April 25, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »
@Matchless
Hello,
I'm reading your documentation, and if I find anomalies I warn you.
Thank you again for a great job. :-+ :-+

Sincerely

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »
Thanks LETARTARE, I appreciate  that!
Regards
Matchless

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #577 on: April 25, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
I am seeing an increased frequency of my system hanging with PR18.  I am not sure if it is my other applications or PR18.

Anyone experiencing the PC hanging win PR18 running?

Offline RobertH

• Contributor
    • monochromatic
« Reply #578 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:12 pm »
I assumed the problem to originate from USB 3.0 or my hub ... as I have these hangs with Hantek's software too, but on switching back to R17 - these problems were gone. So I can confirm it ... or - if you're working with 3.0 too - that might be a source of this behaviour.

Best regards

Robert
Sorry, I'm not a signature, I'm just tidying up this mess ...

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #579 on: April 28, 2014, 12:06:12 am »
I assumed the problem to originate from USB 3.0 or my hub ... as I have these hangs with Hantek's software too, but on switching back to R17 - these problems were gone. So I can confirm it ... or - if you're working with 3.0 too - that might be a source of this behaviour.

Best regards

Robert

Thanks for the feedback, Robert!

I am not using USB3.0.  I do have a lone USB1 in the mix that I on rare occasion plug in.  I may try to take that out of the equation and use just USB2 on my next system reload.

Offline roderick

• Contributor
    • Small Projects
« Reply #580 on: April 29, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »
Here is the latest version of the user manual for the Open6022be. Just some cosmetic changes done.

This is very minor, as the meaning is unambiguous, and few people actually check system requirements, anyway, but on page 7, I'd suggest

4. PC System Requirements:

Minimum PC System Requirements

Laptop or Desktop PC with USB port
Operating System - Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Processor - 1 GHz
Memory - 128 MB
Disk Space - 500 MB disk free space
Screen resolution - 800 x 600

---
Changed "Gb" on Processor to "GHz", removed "or faster," since this section already says "Minimum" at the top
Memory changed from "128M" to "128 MB"
Similar change to disk space...
Thanks for your work on the manual, Matchless.  The circuit diagrams are invaluable.  It's the kind of thing that wouldn't be included in a manufacturer's manual.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #581 on: April 29, 2014, 04:37:42 pm »
Hi Roderick,
Thanks for that feedback. I have fixed that for the next version.
I can't tell you how many times I have glanced over the document without noticing those glaring errors!

Thanks again, I appreciate any feedback, as it helps getting the document user friendly and useful.

Regards
Matchless

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #582 on: May 01, 2014, 06:06:51 am »
Hi everyone!

First I'd like to congratulate the members for the excellent work improving the 6022BE's software and documentation! :-+

I don't own one of these scopes yet. However, after reading this thread and using the open software's Demo mode, I think that one of this devices can probably fulfill my specific needs. I already own several Tek CROs and an Owon SDS7102 DSO, but I have an application where I think a low cost PC based scope would be the best choice.

Basically, I would almost exclusively use the 6022BE in XY mode along with a curve tracer. Currently I'm using a dedicated CRO for this purpose, but is bulky, there is no simple way of storing the images in the PC besides taking a photo, and I could put the desk space to better use. The Owon is a better choice, but it's usually in use for something else when I need to use the curve tracer, so it's a pain to move it back and forth. I tried a sound card based PC scope using free software but it can't be calibrated accurately, so I gave up on that idea.

I uploaded some images to illustrate what I want to do and to illustrate the limited testing I did with the Demo mode in an attempt to evaluate how well the 6022BE may be able to do this job.

The first 3 images were obtained with the Owon, first is a sample of the IV curves I normally get from the curve tracer when analyzing a semiconductor, next are the curve tracer's output signals used to calibrate the scope for XY mode use, and last, the XY mode screen produced by these signals when the scope is properly calibrated.

The next 4 images is what I got with the Demo mode as I attempted to simulate the curve tracer's output signals via its options. First are the options I used, the closest thing to the 6 step waveform was a sawtooth. Next is the resulting YT display, here I notice that the waveforms have a negative component even though the minimum voltage was set to 0V. Don't think this will be a problem in my case, I suspect this is just a peculiarity of the way Demo mode is implemented. Next is the XY display after calibrating the 6022's controls for a proper display. Of course, instead of dots there is just the slanted line because the input waveforms don't have steps. The last image is just illustrating a peculiarity I noticed in the 6022BE XY mode when the time base is changed. You would think that the time base wouldn't have any effect on the XY display, but as can be seen here, changing from 10ms to 2ms affects the display quite significantly.

Anyway, I'll appreciate any feedback or insight anyone of you can offer! :)

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #583 on: May 03, 2014, 05:55:42 pm »
Here is latest version of the Open6022be User manual. I have only provided the link to the pdf copy, if anyone wants the docx let me know.

http://jmp.sh/56yQNdr

Again any changes, corrections, additions etc are welcome!
Regards
Matchless

Offline jomor

« Reply #584 on: May 05, 2014, 06:28:03 am »
Hello,

can someone explain what the led indications mean?

I have red blinking while not running either Hantek's nor Richard's software. I get green blinking which often turns temporarily red blinking while running any of the software, but I never get constant green. The weirdest is that while having the software in running mode (not paused) I often get red blinks. I use Hantek v1.0.4 and Richard's PR18.

Any ideas?

( I also have many issues with PR18 which I will post later in detail)

Congratulations and many thanks to everyone contributing on this useful project of 6022's software development.

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #585 on: May 05, 2014, 01:24:34 pm »
Hello,

can someone explain what the led indications mean?

I have red blinking while not running either Hantek's nor Richard's software. I get green blinking which often turns temporarily red blinking while running any of the software, but I never get constant green. The weirdest is that while having the software in running mode (not paused) I often get red blinks. I use Hantek v1.0.4 and Richard's PR18.

Any ideas?

( I also have many issues with PR18 which I will post later in detail)

Congratulations and many thanks to everyone contributing on this useful project of 6022's software development.
Look at Matchless latest Open6022BE manual, it explains the LEDs on page 8.

Offline jomor

« Reply #586 on: May 05, 2014, 06:20:33 pm »
I have already checked the manual, it is not clear to me if the led is always blinking or gets steady also, thats why I asked. In my case it often gets blinking red while having the program running. Thank you for the reply

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2014, 07:50:01 pm »
Hi jomor,
             I replied to you earlier, but coming back now my post was not showing. I do not have much on the leds and Hantek does not give away much either. I will update the next version of the manual to make it a bit clearer. Here is the update:

On the front panel you will see a red/green bi-color led, two BNC connectors and two hook lugs:
1.   The bi-color led always flashes, either red or green.
No Indication:
        If no drivers are installed on PC, the led stays unlit when connected to USB port.
Red flashing: (DSO and PC not communicating)
     a.   If drivers are already installed on the PC and DSO is connected to USB port, but program is not running or
     b.   when the program fails, due to timebase settings out of limit or
     c.   when program shows Red STOP in left top corner.
Green flashing: (DSO & PC is communicating)
    a.   When the DSO is connected and program is running or
    b.   when program shows Green WAIT in top left corner or
    c.   when program shows Green AUTO in top left corner.
2.   The two BNC connectors are for the Channel 1 & 2 probes.
3.   The hook lug marked 1 KHz 2VP-P provides a fixed reference square wave for adjusting probe compensation.
4.   The hook lug marked with the ground symbol is the common ground of the DSO, used to connect the ground clips to when adjusting probe compensation.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edit: Above is an extract from the latest User Manual and the functions of the drivers are mentioned in the Drivers part.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:07:41 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2014, 07:07:20 am »
In the past I've done some research on this matter...

Led starts to blink red after successful firmware load into Cypress FX2LP.
Green blinking is indication of receiving data.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:09:09 am by frenky »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #589 on: May 06, 2014, 08:12:52 am »
Thanks frenky, I have updated the next User manual now and its a bit clearer I hope
Driver 1 loads the firmware and Driver 2 does the communication - I have updated the previous post as to the LED indications only.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:20:22 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #590 on: May 06, 2014, 12:42:16 pm »
Thank you, for investing your free time into this user manual. :)

Offline miso156

• Contributor
« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2014, 06:46:10 am »
Hi,

please can someone upload PR18 binary to some another file-server? The link provided does not work for me.

Thanks

Offline jomor

« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2014, 07:45:56 am »
I tried the device to my laptop ( I was trying it to my desktop pc until now) and I did not get red blinking while the program was running, which means there is a problem with my desktop's usb connection, I only used the front panel's usb ports though. Thanks for the clarifications.

Offline roderick

• Contributor
    • Small Projects
« Reply #593 on: May 09, 2014, 06:06:34 am »
Hi,

please can someone upload PR18 binary to some another file-server? The link provided does not work for me.

Thanks

I put it here, but don't expect it to be a fast download.  Also, no guarantee that I'll keep any past or future binary at this location.  ftp://pididu.com/OpenHantek/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:56:50 pm by roderick »

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #594 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:58 pm »
Just received my 6022BE. I'm using Win7 and the installation seems to be a little different than what is described.

First, before I could load the CD windows found the drivers and installed them, I presume off the internet. Just to be sure I clicked update driver from Dev Mgr and directed it to the appropriate folder. However, the new driver seems to be the same as the one originally installed automatically by windows, I think this is the case because it didn't offer me the option to revert to the old driver.

Second, Dev Mgr only shows Driver 2, checking the option to view hidden devices doesn't make any difference as far as this driver is concerned. I know, however, that Driver 1 is installed because I can see it via Sys Info.

Other than the above, everything seems to be working as expected. I haven't tried the XY mode with my curve tracer yet, I'll post about that later. The attached images illustrate what I saw with Dev Mgr and Sys Info. Also, it shows what I get after adjusting the probes while scoping the Cal signal.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:15:41 am by TomC »

Offline York

« Reply #595 on: May 10, 2014, 05:49:34 am »
I bought lots of Hantek products?Especially their USB products. Recently ON China's largest e-commerce sites TaoBao product Hantek6022BL is very hot,
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?_u=mb4mc243bc3&id=38085913724
I know Hantek6022BE,But never hear of Hantek6022BL.

Through the introduction , It contains Hantek6022BE’s all functions?Addition with 16CH logic analyzer functions, Compatible with Saleae logic analyzer.So Hantek6022BL=Hantek6022BE+16CH logic analyzer + Saleae. A more cost-effective products than Hantek6022BE. An SDK is provided by Hantek.
Saleae Download address?
https://www.saleae.com/downloads

Near the Hantek6022BL’s USB port has a button, press the button support Hantek’s software, and Bounce off the button support Saleae logic analysis software

Offline Merlyn

• Contributor
« Reply #596 on: May 11, 2014, 03:39:19 pm »
I don't remember if this was mentioned before but it looks like the OpenHantek can't take measurements properly.
I'm using the scope for audio amplifiers mainly so I need to observe the onset of clipping and the corresponding signal amlpitude.
As seen from the pics below The Hantek software produces 19.9V RMS/59VPtP. The OpenHantek PtP reading is close but the RMS is something strange. In the same time my DMM reads 18.9V  ??? It's an 80Hz sine wave.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:41:02 pm by Merlyn »

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #597 on: May 11, 2014, 04:12:00 pm »
I don't remember if this was mentioned before but it looks like the OpenHantek can't take measurements properly.
I'm using the scope for audio amplifiers mainly so I need to observe the onset of clipping and the corresponding signal amlpitude.
As seen from the pics below The Hantek software produces 19.9V RMS/59VPtP. The OpenHantek PtP reading is close but the RMS is something strange. In the same time my DMM reads 18.9V  ??? It's an 80Hz sine wave.

Yeah, on multiple occasions and they turned out to be user error (such as setting V/div too low and thus clipping occurred)

Your wave looks more like rounded triangle than sine to me, so how it is calculated, the sample rate, etc will all affect the "real value". 

When it comes to AC voltage, accuracy of DMM or the Hantek is not that good.  Do you know for sure your DMM is true RMS?  Your quoted numbers (19.9/18.9) looks to me like an RMS/TRMS issue and within expected value ranges.

Offline Merlyn

• Contributor
« Reply #598 on: May 11, 2014, 04:55:10 pm »
You can see my settings from the pics. The probe is set to x10. There's no clipping. Obviously it's not a triangle wave either.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #599 on: May 11, 2014, 10:08:30 pm »
You can see my settings from the pics. The probe is set to x10. There's no clipping. Obviously it's not a triangle wave either.

I know it is not a triangle wave.  But it appears to me it has very linear rise and fall.  So linear that it looks more like a rounded-angle triangle wave.

With it looking so different than an ideal sine wave, the algorithm to calculate sine wave RMS will not work well.  Slightly differences in the algorithm may yield very different results.  When you are measuring it with two different devices, the two devices may be making different assumptions and used different algorithms.

Why not do a data capture with the Hantek, export the data to excel, and do a real RMS calculation.  We don't know your wave, but we do know the specs for the hantek.  With the specs you can eval the exact error range also.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf