Author Topic: Hantek 6254EU Scope  (Read 976 times)

Offline WanaGoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hantek 6254EU Scope
« on: March 03, 2022, 09:33:58 pm »
Hey,

Does anyone have any opinions on the Hantek 6254EU scope?
There have been a few posts about the Hantek 6254BC or BD ones I think, which were only 64K memory depth, but this EU version is 128M depth.

250Mhz, 1Gs/S, 128M memory depth, 4 Channel with waveform capture rate of 400000FPS (whatever that means)

Only found it on the .fr hantek website, but specs down the page are in English.

https://www.hantek.fr/oscilloscopes-usb/153-hantek-6254eu-usb-oscilloscope-250mhz-400k-fps.html

Thoughts?

I have an older DSO1152S handheld isolated scope of theirs, and im on to my 3rd battery of it, they just swell up after a few years. Their other models of handhelds now use discrete batteries rather than those lithium packs which can fill of gas, but not sure if I want another handheld or not. I am mostly in my office so a PC based scope would be fine, if its any good.

Thanks

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Hantek 6254EU Scope
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 09:53:26 pm »
Where's are you ?
Come and have a play with our even cheaper SDS1104X-E that will run rings around the Hantek.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline WanaGoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 10:25:13 pm »
Welly, you are in Auckland?

How much is your SDS1104X-E?
https://www.tautech.co.nz/ ?

The Hantek 6254EU is $246 USD I have been quoted form Hantek direct.

I was also looking at the MPO6204D, but haven't got a price on that yet.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 10:33:52 pm »
Interesting, the frog website has those for 500 Euro !  :o
Yep, Ak. Sorry I don't have plans to visit our daughter there anytime soon otherwise I'd bring one down.
Wife was in Wellywood for you know what last weekend.  ;)
Price in NZD is on the homepage.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Alex56

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 03:28:54 am »
Yes, I was unlucky to buy this piece of ... something.

From the point of view of observing electronic signals 6254EU is more or less on par with other similar devices. Of course, it's internal 8-bit ADC means noisy acquisition of waveforms. This is unpleasant but typical for low end oscilloscopes. And of course, 250 MHZ bandwidth is a lie. Or maybe, from legal point of view, not a lie, but incomplete information.

Here comes unexpected.

1) HUNTEK software is so buggy that using it is a challenge.
When adjusting voltage scale factor for a channel you never know: what have you got? The screen shows 200mV per div, while in reality it looks more like 2V/div. And after some switching between setting controls, all of a sudden, you find that trigger level has changed itself to zero. Now you have to readjust it again ...
None of File/Save data saving methods is really functional. Saved data contains only a single channel, despite specifying "All". HANTEK EXCEL format is not recognized by Microsoft EXCEL.
"Save image" saves some truncated picture. It is abnormally large even in JPG mode. 
Bug list accumulated during first hour of attempted work with 6254EU is endless. And I do not think it is likely to be ever fixed by the manufacturer, because the software stays unchanged since 2020.
Needless to say, HANTEK SDK is documented in Chinese only. So, there is no chance to design my own version of GUI software.

About other documentation. The language looks like English. But very-very unclear and confusing.

2) And on top of that - the device has cooling fan producing unbearably loud high pitch noise. Hard to stay nearby for more than half an hour.

How can I get my money back? That is the main problem I am trying to solve now ...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 04:10:42 am by Alex56 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf