Author Topic: Hantek DSO2xxx schematics  (Read 13983 times)

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hantek DSO2xxx schematics
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2022, 12:46:13 pm »
The first control signal switches the input relay and I named it CHANNEL2_FILTER, but I'm not sure to what menu item this belongs to.
Don't have a clue - could it possibly be the 20MHz bandwidth limit?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 01:46:42 pm by tunk »

Offline pcprogrammerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2022, 02:08:38 pm »
That was what I was thinking too, but then I noticed the other part with the cap to ground via the transistor. I guess that is an actual low pass filter.

Maybe when I start measuring on the thigh I can find out :-//

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2022, 01:32:26 pm »
Had to swap signal for the LCD on the connector between the two boards, so here are the latest schematics for the user interface board.

Also added the archive for EasyEda.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2022, 01:35:03 pm »
And here are the schematics for the main board.

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2022, 08:57:41 am »
The first control signal switches the input relay and I named it CHANNEL2_FILTER, but I'm not sure to what menu item this belongs to.
Don't have a clue - could it possibly be the 20MHz bandwidth limit?
I also thought of that but, in that case, you should hear the really clicking when switching the bandwidth limiting on and off from the menus and, in my case, I can't hear it

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2022, 09:03:07 am »
I received the cable and have things setup to do measurements. Will see if I can find which setting controls this.

Edit: Found what is controlling that signal I named CHANNELx_FILTER. It has to do with the sensitivity. When you set the input sensitivity to 2 volts per division or below the relay is turned off. When you set it to 5 volts per division or above it turns on.

Looking at the schematic, it does add a resistive divider to the signal path. But also additional parallel capacitance. Guess I should rename the signal.

Edit2: The signal I named CHANNELx_X is indeed the 20MHz bandwidth limiting filter.

Also looked at the touch panel RESET and INT signals and these indeed have the LCD sync pulses on them. So to allow the touch panel to work within the Linux system a change to the LCD driver code or setup would be needed.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:35:50 am by pcprogrammer »

The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2022, 03:27:10 pm »
I tried disabling sync signals in PD config register 2 (PD20 & PD21 = disabled):
Code: [Select]
devmem 0x01C20874 32 0x00772222LCD kept working normally, so you can keep going.

Just to ensure the register was working, I disabled LCD_DE:
devmem 0x01C20874 32 0x00227222Then LCD_CLK :
devmem 0x01C20874 32 0x00222722
Both stopped the LCD from working correctly.
Disabling any Data pin affected the colors, as expected.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint, pcprogrammer

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2022, 12:02:09 pm »
Where did 1 GS/s come from if the ADC08D502 has a maximum conversion rate per 1 channel: 500 MSPS??? According to the scheme, the connection of both channels is absent. There is an input multiplexer inside the ADC, but is there a word about it in the datasheet? :-//

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2022, 01:04:11 pm »
That is why in the schematic the ADC08D500 is used. This one has the ability to sample one channel with both ADC's

The scope can only do 1GSa/s on a single channel. The moment you enable two channels the rate drops.

A copy of the datasheet is here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pecostm32/Hantek_DSO2000/main/Datasheets/adc08d500.pdf

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2022, 02:15:09 pm »
What is the P5 "FEL" button for? Why stop memory?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2022, 03:15:14 pm »
The F1C100s MCU has a boot loader that can load code from FLASH (SPI), SD/MMC card or go into the so called FEL mode. In this FEL mode it is possible to connect the MCU to a computer via USB. On the PC there is a tool sunxi-fel, which runs under linux, with which it is possible to read or write the MCU registers and SRAM, but not the DRAM, because that needs initialization.

By disabling the FLASH the MCU will go into this FEL mode when powered up.

See the other threads about the Hantek for more information on this.

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2022, 09:49:51 am »
Does anyone have a full nand w25n01g memory dump for dso2d15?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2022, 10:33:36 am »
May I ask why do you need it?
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2022, 02:45:28 pm »
Look at how much the dumps in nand itself differ between models.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2022, 06:16:00 pm »
As far as I know, nothing else than cache/system.inf file.
Hantek platform-tools don't care about the model, rewrites the whole flash.
After that, you get unknown model, but all options become enabled.

Better you continue this in the hacking thread, this is only for schematic, let's keep everything tidy :-+
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:17:48 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2022, 01:39:10 pm »
I copied the circuit completely from the DSO2C10 power supply unit, do not judge strictly  :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 06:57:14 am by pu6k1n »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, morgan_flint, DavidAlfa, pcprogrammer, dirtmover, enot, copper2000

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2022, 11:41:02 am »
Hello, pcprogrammer!

I think I found an error in the schematics (Mainboard/External_Interfaces): R21 should be R16 and R16 should be R196.

I'm thinking of installing J4 for the serial port (or, maybe, a more practical connector), so I was inspecting this part of the board. BTW, I've been using the serial port extensively and SERIAL_READY signal seems to be unnecessary for it to work. What could be its purpose?

I've also noted that if the serial to USB is connected to the scope but not to the PC the boot procedure stops when showing the QR code and freezes there (maybe that's the purpose...).

Thanks for your (immense) work!

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2022, 12:12:25 pm »
Hi morgan_flint, looks like you are onto something :)

Looking at the photo I used to do this work also shows that the connector is J2 instead of J4.

R21 needs to be named R16 indeed. Also noticed that R32 has a ohms value assigned, but since it is not on the board it will not be correct.

I will look into this further and modify the schematics.

The signal SERIAL_READY is connected to the F1C100s and I just named it as such because I think it is some handshake signal, but most likely not used in the software. The fact that the scope hangs when a USB to serial interface is connected, probably has to do with the boot loader. I have seen this happen on a Lichee nano too, when I was playing around with linux on a F1C100s. Not sure why this happens. Was in the time I was starting with the reverse engineering of the FNIRSI-1013D. Did not investigate it further since the FNIRSI scope does not use linux.

But good to know this, because I was thinking of integrating a CH340 USB to serial module in the scope, but if it would need to be connected to a PC to allow the scope to start is not what one wants :palm:

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2022, 12:54:24 pm »
The schematic has been updated and uploaded to the repository.

https://github.com/pecostm32/Hantek_DSO2000/tree/main/Schematics

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2022, 03:51:31 pm »
I'm convinced that what you call "serial ready" signal was actually used as some sort of system reset when the system hanged during development. Probably a hardware interrupt was set on pin value change.
The issue you're having is probably caused by the Rx line being pulled low by the unconnected (Thus unpowered) usb-ttl adaptor, causing random chars being received by the bootloader, entering the boot shell.

Also check there's a tiny via just over R32, in the trace going to the CPU.
It must be going somewhere else, your schematic seems to be lacking this.
I checked that back in the day, but can't remember, perhabs it also goes to the fpga reset pin (RECONFIG)?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 04:04:13 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint, copper2000

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2022, 05:06:04 pm »
...The fact that the scope hangs when a USB to serial interface is connected, probably has to do with the boot loader. I have seen this happen on a Lichee nano too, when I was playing around with linux on a F1C100s. Not sure why this happens. Was in the time I was starting with the reverse engineering of the FNIRSI-1013D. Did not investigate it further since the FNIRSI scope does not use linux.

But good to know this, because I was thinking of integrating a CH340 USB to serial module in the scope, but if it would need to be connected to a PC to allow the scope to start is not what one wants :palm:
Just in case my memory was teasing me, I've just checked and it effectively hangs if powered on with the serial to USB not connected to the PC

I've also verified that if you connect it to the PC with the scope "hanged", the dialog that appears is the same that when you hit a key at the beginning of the boot procedure to stop it (see attached images, first one connecting USB after powering the scope and the second one keeping a key pressed during boot) so yes, it's the boot procedure that stops when USB is not connected (apparently this is equivalent to hit a key...).

Finally, this also may happen because the CH341A in my adapter is powered from the USB, not from the scope. I'll make an experiment on this and report back.

EDIT: Done! Tried powering up the scope with the CH314A connected to TX, RX and 3.3V but not to the PC and it didn't hang. I tested it three times because in one of the tests it also booted OK without 3.3V... maybe some loose connection or something, but most times it hangs on boot when TX and RX are connected to unpowered CH341. So maybe you can integrate the module into the scope as long as it's powered from the scope. I don't know if this will bring new problems when connecting USB to the PC with the scope on (of course, the module would have to be modified, removing the 5V to 3.3V regulator, for example)

EDIT 2: The CH341A module I'm using is the one known as "CH341A Mini Programmer (Black Edition)", modified for 3.3V interface
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 05:30:55 pm by morgan_flint »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2022, 06:55:52 pm »
I checked that back in the day, but can't remember, perhabs it also goes to the fpga reset pin (RECONFIG)?

It might well be that I missed that. I will see if I can trace it on the photos I have of the PCB. Not going to open up the scope though if it is not doable from the photos :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2022, 07:00:04 pm »
I've also verified that if you connect it to the PC with the scope "hanged", the dialog that appears is the same that when you hit a key at the beginning of the boot procedure to stop it (see attached images, first one connecting USB after powering the scope and the second one keeping a key pressed during boot) so yes, it's the boot procedure that stops when USB is not connected (apparently this is equivalent to hit a key...).

This verifies what David wrote. A simple fix could also be to just ad a pull up resistor to the RX line without powering the module. But this is something for later to test.

Still very busy with the reversal of the FNIRSI FPGA.

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2022, 11:55:44 am »

It might well be that I missed that. I will see if I can trace it on the photos I have of the PCB. Not going to open up the scope though if it is not doable from the photos :)

Attached there is a photo of the bottom side of the PCB in that zone. Apparently, that via is not connected in the bottom side... Has this PCB intermediate layers?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2022, 12:01:29 pm »
Hi morgan_flint,

for as far as I know it is just a double layer PCB. I just checked it on the photos I used during the reverse engineering and found the same as you. Here is a capture from what I have with also the via marked where the trace continues in the direction of the MCU.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf