Author Topic: Hantek DSO5000P series accuracy question  (Read 342 times)

Offline kavehmTopic starter

• Contributor
Hantek DSO5000P series accuracy question
« on: February 18, 2024, 01:26:24 pm »
I need to buy an oscilloscope.  Not for professional work.  But I need the accuracy of measurement about mV.  I saw the videos of Hantec 2000 series models on YouTube.  They did not measure accurately at all.  They cannot measure below 150 millivolts and they are not accurate in measuring below one volt.
I would be grateful to those who have experience working with the hantek dso5000p series to guide me.  In the description of these series, the measurement accuracy is two millivolts. Is it actually able to measure in this amount?  And is it effective in measuring frequencies in millivolts?  I was going to buy Rigol ds1102z-e series.  But Hantec do5000p series is cheaper and more compatible with my budget.
I will be thankful if guiding me.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hantek DSO5000P series accuracy question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 02:02:22 pm »
I need to buy an oscilloscope.  Not for professional work.  But I need the accuracy of measurement about mV.  I saw the videos of Hantec 2000 series models on YouTube.  They did not measure accurately at all.  They cannot measure below 150 millivolts and they are not accurate in measuring below one volt.
That's not true.
What exactly do you want to measure? DC, 1kHz, 100MHz?

It's an oscilloscope, not a multimeter, but imo it measures correctly even in lower volt ranges.

Example: This is 2.5mVPP square@1kHz on a DSO2C10

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:11:25 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 02:15:41 pm »
Most digital scope won't perform good enough for 1mv accuracy, the noise gets pretty high at lower V/Div.
Try the newer 12-bitd Rigol DHO800, has much better resolution though a bit buggy. Still much better than Hantek.
Have a look at youtube!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:21:18 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline kavehmTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 02:35:42 pm »
That's not true.
What exactly do you want to measure? DC, 1kHz, 100MHz?

It's an oscilloscope, not a multimeter, but imo it measures correctly even in lower volt ranges.

Example: This is 2.5mVPP square@1kHz on a DSO2C10

Thanks for answer.
That's why I posted here that in the videos I saw, I was unable to measure frequencies with peak to peak below one volt and I wanted to know about other people's experiences.  I need an oscilloscope in the working range of kHz up to 5 MHz.  According to the picture you sent, there is no problem in measuring peak-to-peak values ​​below one volt with Hantec oscilloscopes, and it answers my work needs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:42:02 pm by kavehm »

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 03:30:36 pm »
I need an oscilloscope in the working range of kHz up to 5 MHz. 
That should be possible.
Don't expect miracles, this is one of the cheapest, if not THE cheapest bench oscilloscope available.
If you need more precision, it will cost significantly more.
Attached 20mVPP sine @5MHz (whereby my external signal generator is also not beyond reproach.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 03:36:05 pm by Aldo22 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf