Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2198573 times)

hranatybraska and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline carloscuev

• Regular Contributor
    • Spanish Freescale Developers Forum
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #1550 on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:17 pm »
You're right, I've just tried it, Thanks for the detailed explanation :D

Offline paul

• Contributor
« Reply #1551 on: February 04, 2013, 01:37:36 pm »

first of all thanks for the effort. If you don't mind, could you repeat your measurments with the firmware 130131.0 from link above?

I updated the firmware and repeated the tests, no change.
I also checked that I was measuring the right part of the waveform, its hard to tell using the 1KHz calibrator as all of the square waves look the same :) So I used Audacity to generate some long delays, see attached.

I can report that the error is the same with a 10 Second delayed sweep time as it is with 1 mS :)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #1552 on: February 04, 2013, 02:42:51 pm »
I updated the firmware and repeated the tests, no change.
ahh, not that good

I can report that the error is the same with a 10 Second delayed sweep time as it is with 1 mS :)

that's good, at least "constant" shit.

After i quickly checked one setup, i've reported (already few hrs ago) your previous measurments to Hantek.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline paul

• Contributor
« Reply #1553 on: February 04, 2013, 03:29:56 pm »
I just noticed that the waveform on the display is in the same place, ie 2.25 divisions to the left right of the centre of the screen for the error in 4K memory at 800nS, 400nS and 200nS time base.
(Delayed sweep set to 1.000mS with 1KHz at the input)

Dont know why I didnt notice this before !

Its also the same with 40K memory same small error (~0.15 Div`s) at  80uS, 40uS and 20uS and then jumps at 8uS and 4uS to 2.25 divisions right of the centre line.

The only connection I can find is the number of Sample Dots and Displayed Dots reported in `SYS Status` on the Utility Menu.

With 4K memory every thing is OK with 4000 Sample / Display Dots until the scope changes to 3200 Dots at 800nS (and below) then the displayed waveform is offset by 2.25 divisions to the right !

Similar thing happens with 40K memory 80uS 40uS and 20uS uses 40000 Dots and the waveform stays in the same (wrong) place on the screen, `jumps` at 8 and 4 uS with 32000 Dots and jumps again at 2uS with 16000 dots.

Coincidence ?

Visable Error at 4K memory dept

Time Base    Error   Divisions  Sample Dots   MS/s

200us        0              0          4000         1
80              0             0          4000        2.5
40              0             0          4000         5
20              0             0          4000        10
8                0            0           4000        25
4                0            0           4000        50
2                0            0           4000       100
800ns     +1.8us    2.25        3200       200
400ns     +900ns    2.25       3200       400
200ns     +440ns    2.25       3200       800
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:45:10 am by paul »

Offline e-pirate

• Regular Contributor
    • www.e-pirate.ru
« Reply #1554 on: February 10, 2013, 10:56:01 am »
Hi, folks!
Well, seems my Hantek 5102B is now missing trigger control cause of mechanical part failure. Have no idea how that happened, but that small rotary thing just fall apart. The hand just fallen of it's place. It looks like the turning part itself is broken. There three parts, that I was able to see when all that happened: two small plastic latches that actually hold this rotor in place and a tiny pusher thing that was acting like a pushbutton activator. I was stupid enough to try to put back without figuring out what is going on. So, I ended with two "holding" parts and the tiny pusher part inside the rotary encoder. I can glue this latches back and most likely that will do, but I will miss pushbutton function. So, I want to replace the rotary encoder, or at least the turning hand. But, after disassembling the DSO I wasn't able to figure out the part number. So, do anybody know the part number of the "encoder". Thanks.
** Think, research, design, experiment, create..

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1555 on: February 10, 2013, 11:12:59 am »
For trigger, horizontal and vertical position and V0 this are 24 positions encoders, with switch.
You can use many generic types, the total length is important.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline e-pirate

• Regular Contributor
    • www.e-pirate.ru
« Reply #1556 on: February 10, 2013, 02:26:56 pm »
Total length of the shaft?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1557 on: February 10, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »
Total length of the shaft?

right, i should say "total high" or "shaft length". My hw0 was using, when i remember it right,
ALPS encoders. I've checked right now the current model, but i don't see any marks on it.

Offline e-pirate

• Regular Contributor
    • www.e-pirate.ru
« Reply #1558 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »
right, i should say "total high" or "shaft length". My hw0 was using, when i remember it right,
ALPS encoders. I've checked right now the current model, but i don't see any marks on it.
I see.. do you have this BCB in access, as I already assembled mine DSO (I need it for playing with my new Rubidium frequency reference)? Can you measure encoder dimensions and shaft length for me?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:57:59 pm by e-priest »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1559 on: February 11, 2013, 02:12:28 am »
no i can't have assembled my as well.

Offline mazurov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1560 on: February 11, 2013, 05:49:26 am »
I'm checking prices and for some strange reason 100MHz Hantek is US$60 cheaper than 60Mhz one - $388 vs $453 (eBay, Aliexpress similar) - anyone knows why? Anyway, I'm going to buy a DSO5102B as soon as a holiday ends, just for the fun of hacking it.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - RFC1925

Offline mazurov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1561 on: February 11, 2013, 06:03:25 am »
I see.. do you have this BCB in access, as I already assembled mine DSO (I need it for playing with my new Rubidium frequency reference)? Can you measure encoder dimensions and shaft length for me?

It looks very similar to  Bourns PEC-12 type.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - RFC1925

Offline e-pirate

• Regular Contributor
    • www.e-pirate.ru
« Reply #1562 on: February 11, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »
It looks very similar to  Bourns PEC-12 type.
Right! Seems to be that one. I will crack that thing open to check according datasheet for pad positions and total dimensions.

Offline e-pirate

• Regular Contributor
    • www.e-pirate.ru
« Reply #1563 on: February 11, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »
OK, here the information I got: this encoders are Bournce PEC12 type, the shaft(total) length is 20 mm. But there are three types of them:
VOLTS/DEV for CH1 and CH2 are 12 detents 12 pulses without switch;
SEC/DEV is 12 detents 12 pulses with switch;
all the rest are no detents and 24 pulses with switch.

Offline jhan

« Reply #1564 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:09 pm »
Hello to you all,

first this post is great, over 1500 reply's with a lot of Information, super. :-+
My special thanks to tinhead for his great work and of course to all the other.

I manage to read the most of it and I am know a glad owner of a Hantek DSO1102B.
 ( thanks to you a 1202B 2.01.1-121229.0).

And know my question. I want to Transfer a recorded wave to my Wave generator, a Siglent SDG1050.

What is the best way to do it?
I exported a wave and it came in a .hws file, but I can't figure out what format it is.
Second I exported a cvs file, but the Hantek and the Siglent has different format/information in the file.

The only thing I can see is to make a cvs converter from Hantek to Siglent format, but can this be true?

I hope somebody have a better ideer.

Greetings jhan

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:04:18 pm by jhan »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1565 on: February 21, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »
I exported a wave and it came in a .hws file, but I can't figure out what format it is.

right, this seems to be not LabView hws format. For now i didn't got any information about how
the file is formated ...

Second I exported a cvs file, but the Hantek and the Siglent has different format/information in the file.
The only thing I can see is to make a cvs converter from Hantek to Siglent format, but can this be true?

... therefore csv is the only way to go.

Offline jhan

« Reply #1566 on: February 22, 2013, 02:03:56 pm »
Thank you tinhead,
okay then it will be the hard way via cvs. I will start to make some exports and imports
to figure out the format and commands of both systems.
Do you think that there are other people that can use a converter like this. I am thinking about
how much work I shall put into it or in other words, make it easy to use it with other Wave generators.

Online morris6

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1567 on: February 22, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »
Back again..

On the 23rd of January, during a test after the MSO modification, I blew the s3c2440 of my scope. A few days ago I managed to get the broken chip off the board. Today I had a go at soldering a new chip in place. Miracle.. It is working!!

Further testing now to find out if the LA board was damaged at the disaster of a month ago.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1568 on: February 22, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »
Back again..

On the 23rd of January, during a test after the MSO modification, I blew the s3c2440 of my scope. A few days ago I managed to get the broken chip off the board. Today I had a go at soldering a new chip in place. Miracle.. It is working!!

awsome!

Further testing now to find out if the LA board was damaged at the disaster of a month ago.

let's hope the best. In principle when you appy 3.3V to the LA pcb the fpga should start working, when you see
the proper ID ovr JTAG then at least this is working. The next step is lan ic, when current consumption is not more
than 100mA everything will be fine, then you can plug the LA PCB to DSO and run other tests.

In wort case the io communication between both FPGAs will not work (due the applied reversed voltage to io21 and 22),
then you will have to check which one of the FPGAs is broken (let's hope none, they much harder to solder than the SoC),
the best way is over jtag to test with boundary scan the status of FPGA pins/ports.

In best case nothing else broken, hope the best for you.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1569 on: February 22, 2013, 03:44:47 pm »
Do you think that there are other people that can use a converter like this. I am thinking about
how much work I shall put into it or in other words, make it easy to use it with other Wave generators.

it i hard to say how many ppl using Hantek/Tekway DSO and Siglent AWG together, as you know
Siglent is having as well DSOs and Hantek as well AWGs.

On the other side the app can be used universal, maybe other ppl will come out with their reqs,
so maybe you will finaly have nice format translator.

Online morris6

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1570 on: February 22, 2013, 09:30:59 pm »
let's hope the best. In principle when you appy 3.3V to the LA pcb the fpga should start working, when you see
the proper ID ovr JTAG then at least this is working. The next step is lan ic, when current consumption is not more
than 100mA everything will be fine, then you can plug the LA PCB to DSO and run other tests.

All supply voltages are on the LA-board, so far so good. I connected an USB-Blaster Clone to the JTAG connector. The Altera Quartus II software finds the EP3C5 FPGA, so it must be alive for a bit. Next is to try with some input signals.

Another thing: since I removed the lithium cell during the repair, the clock needs resetting. The VO knob is not working as expected, is this a bug in the MSO Firmware?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1571 on: February 22, 2013, 09:41:16 pm »
Another thing: since I removed the lithium cell during the repair, the clock needs resetting. The VO knob is not working as expected, is this a bug in the MSO Firmware?

yes, that a known bug in this MSO fw. You can use linux shell or that tool from Peter

http://peter.dreisiebner.at/dso-usb-tool/

Btw, we (HanTekway an I) really near "bugfree" firmware for B and BM/BMV models, then we will start to work on MSO fw.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1572 on: February 23, 2013, 11:01:37 pm »
if someone wish to test - here another one firmware for

- Tekway DST1062B, DST1102B, DST1202B
 - Hantek DSO5062B, DSO5102B, DSO5202B
 - Voltcraft DSO3062C, DSO1062D
 - PCE DSOs: PCE-DSO5062B, PCE-DSO5102B, PCE-DSO5202B

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/170890/dst1kb_2.06.3_15202b_fact_130221.0_.zip

Offline carloscuev

• Regular Contributor
    • Spanish Freescale Developers Forum
« Reply #1573 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:41 pm »
Thanks tinhead, updating firmware right now, any special notes on this revision? Something you would like me to check on my scope?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1574 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30:31 am »
no, simply tell me when you find something not working. I know there are still some bugs
(i see 5) but maybe are more there^^

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf