Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 1790392 times)

Offline Perepandel

• Contributor
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #3075 on: October 22, 2020, 09:57:30 am »
Hi! I registered exclusively to ask if anyone knows about the "new" supposed Hantek models (DSO2X1X), which I've seen around in AliExpress and appear to be a huge improvement over the DSO5XX2 models, mainly in terms of memory (8M) and including an integrated function generator (only D models), as well as serial decoding.

I've purchased myself one of those, but unfortunately only the 100 MHz was available (DSO2D10) and I didn't want to miss what looked like a good deal. I wish it could be hacked also, as my goal was the 150 MHz model (DSO2D15).

Anything regarding both general info about these models and/or with their hacking process will be much appreciated  ^-^
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:15:30 am by Perepandel »

Offline xthanhn

• Contributor
« Reply #3076 on: November 11, 2020, 05:00:31 am »
Hi,

I have just updated my Hantek DSO1062B handheld with the newest firmware from hantek's site 2.01.1 (130129.0) and discovered several bugs (when beep is on and you move cursor, it beeps even if you push and hold the direction buttons, trigger level is erratic - it sets lower trigger level than indicated), and I want to go back to the older firmware.

Does anyone have a firmware older than 2.01.1 (130129.0)? My older was 2.01.1 (12xxxxx.x), and it was OK, more or less, but I don't have it anymore and I cannot revert back to it.

Thanks.

Hi sparkybg ,
My DSO1062B has brick, I dont know how to recover device by firmware backup (boot.bin, kernel.bin, root.bin, root2.bin) because it is different than other DSO. Do you have fw_backup.bin file? Could you please share it to me?

Thank a lot.
Michael

Offline Freeze

• Contributor
« Reply #3077 on: November 17, 2020, 05:00:22 pm »
Hey guys, nice to see, that this thread is still active!

After several years, now I'm experiencing some problems with my Hantek DSO-5062B...
The buttons on the front are not working any more.

During boot, shortly an error message box appears:
"Hardware Init Error Code 0x01"

I didn't make any changes onto the software. This problem occured suddenly.

My first try was to open the device and reinsert all cables. Didn't help.
Second try was to reflash my firmware backup using UART/USB, but that didn't help either.

Now I would like to update the firmware, but I'm stuck.
The normal firmware update process works using the onscreen utility, but - as already stated - my buttons are not working.
Any idea how I can flash this firmware using UART/USB?
This file seems to be only a part of the whole firmware, since the original firmware has 66MB.
So I'm not sure which files I need to combine to have a complete firmware which I can flash using supervivi.

/e: Update...
I was able to decrypt the firmware using password "dst5000b".
Afterwards I unzipped and copied all files to USB flash drive.
Inserted the drive and manually updated the device by processing all steps listed in do_update.sh manually.
"dso.exe" and "dsod" cannot be started now, though both files are 777 and +x.
Seems the firmware is not compatible O,o

I noticed: Old dso.exe has 4MB and new one has only 1.5MB... strange.
But.. I don't think this is a software problem. This is just my last resort xD
Maybe I try to remove the whole keyboard unit to see if there are obvious problems.

Hm.. just noticing. Maybe it's no problem with the keyboard but a general problem with dso.exe or the scope itself. Because I can't see any waveforms (even with the test signal). The screen seems to be frozen.
No idea what may be the root cause...

I fear I will switch to Rigol DS1054Z...
https://geizhals.de/rigol-ds1054z-digital-oszilloskop-a1218892.html

/e: I've created a thread on eediscuss.com:
https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15326&extra=page%3D1
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:37:50 pm by Freeze »

Offline xthanhn

• Contributor
« Reply #3078 on: November 19, 2020, 12:21:25 pm »
Hey guys, nice to see, that this thread is still active!

After several years, now I'm experiencing some problems with my Hantek DSO-5062B...
The buttons on the front are not working any more.

During boot, shortly an error message box appears:
"Hardware Init Error Code 0x01"

I didn't make any changes onto the software. This problem occured suddenly.

My first try was to open the device and reinsert all cables. Didn't help.
Second try was to reflash my firmware backup using UART/USB, but that didn't help either.

Now I would like to update the firmware, but I'm stuck.
The normal firmware update process works using the onscreen utility, but - as already stated - my buttons are not working.
Any idea how I can flash this firmware using UART/USB?
This file seems to be only a part of the whole firmware, since the original firmware has 66MB.
So I'm not sure which files I need to combine to have a complete firmware which I can flash using supervivi.

/e: Update...
I was able to decrypt the firmware using password "dst5000b".
Afterwards I unzipped and copied all files to USB flash drive.
Inserted the drive and manually updated the device by processing all steps listed in do_update.sh manually.
"dso.exe" and "dsod" cannot be started now, though both files are 777 and +x.
Seems the firmware is not compatible O,o

I noticed: Old dso.exe has 4MB and new one has only 1.5MB... strange.
But.. I don't think this is a software problem. This is just my last resort xD
Maybe I try to remove the whole keyboard unit to see if there are obvious problems.

Hm.. just noticing. Maybe it's no problem with the keyboard but a general problem with dso.exe or the scope itself. Because I can't see any waveforms (even with the test signal). The screen seems to be frozen.
No idea what may be the root cause...

I fear I will switch to Rigol DS1054Z...
https://geizhals.de/rigol-ds1054z-digital-oszilloskop-a1218892.html

/e: I've created a thread on eediscuss.com:
https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15326&extra=page%3D1
Nice try, just contact caiyijun@hantek.com he/she will give you factory file to reflash.
Rigol DS1054z is good, I have had one, can make it from 50mhz to 100mhz with some easy command.
good luck!

My DSO1062B after brick  >:D >:D >:D
[attachimg=1]

Offline Freeze

• Contributor
« Reply #3079 on: November 19, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »
Nice try, just contact caiyijun@hantek.com he/she will give you factory file to reflash.
Rigol DS1054z is good, I have had one, can make it from 50mhz to 100mhz with some easy command.
good luck!

My DSO1062B after brick  >:D >:D >:D
[attachimg=1]
Thanks for the answer!
But do you really think this might be solved by reflashing the firmware? I don't think so..
I already flashed the backup I made 8 years ago. This was the original firmware.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf