Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2187589 times)

Offline RFman

• Contributor
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »
what equipment do you need to calibrate the oscilloscope when the above resistors have been changed. What is the procedure. Would the normal oscilloscope push button calibration do the job? I don't know much about what the calibration is other than you only have the power cable connected to calibrate.

but at least a 1kHz and 10kHz signal generator with stable amplitude, true rms dmm to measure the amplitude
and some luck.

The compensation can be changed by the cap value (red marked), the measured amplitude must match the real signal amplitude (square and sinus),
you will of course have to wait at leat 30mins before the DSO would be warm enough and after each step (1 and 10kHz signal) do self-calibration
and compare results again.

Still, i do not recommend to play with compensation without knowledge about and good equipment. For sure you might have luck
and no compensation will be necessary, but i would not bet on that.
[/quote]
Hi Tinhead,
Question: For compensation you refer to 3 components. Do you have to change all 3 components or you only have to adjust the trim capacitor?

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:14 am »
Question: For compensation you refer to 3 components. Do you have to change all 3 components or you only have to adjust the trim capacitor?

if you replace parts in input circuit (or sometimes just solder around), you will have to adjust the compensation (yes, with the trim cap).
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:09 am »
tinhead:

Do you have any kind of FW bug list for model: DSO5102B, FW: 2.06.3 (110118.0)?

I have find some "fatal" bug.

If use single shot. After shot if fast turn horizontal time (for "zooming" captured signal in main window) scope system crash... random to whole display and after this system do not make anything what ever button press, excl power off. (only power off reset scope and it returns of course normal)

small cosmetic bug

If use fast horizontal and then shut menu off... left and specially right side display show some random signal. (around half div horizontal... thes area signal looks random)

if use voltage cursors, fast horizontal speed... move cursor(s) vertically ... it do not reset "old" cursor pixels and they stay on the display.. (as long as whole display refresh)

In some case scope UI go extremely slow... signal is updating but all knobs react extremely slowly, even default setup react after many seconds or more... I have not yet find what special all settings is need to show this bug but more than 5 times I have find this situation.

If we have bug list... I think factory repair these bugs more fast.

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline RFman

• Contributor
« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2011, 09:47:11 am »
I have finally ordered a Tekway DST1102B 100MHz oscilloscope from Pioneer.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/414433064-DHL-Free-Shipping-Tekway-DST1102B-Oscilloscope-2channels-100MHz-1GSa-s-7-TFT-16-digit-color-800-wholesalers.html#tabbed-pane

I will let you all know how this purchase go, I don't anticipate any problems as Pioneer has at this time a 100% positive feedback, refer to the above link :).

When I receive the Tekway I'll upgrade it to a English front panel and Tinhead's firmware to obtain a English Menu display.

Later, I'm going to consider changing the resistors in the channel amplifiers, Trigger section ETC.

Thanks all for your feedback and help.

Offline bilko

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2011, 12:11:31 pm »
I have finally ordered a Tekway DST1102B 100MHz oscilloscope from Pioneer.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/414433064-DHL-Free-Shipping-Tekway-DST1102B-Oscilloscope-2channels-100MHz-1GSa-s-7-TFT-16-digit-color-800-wholesalers.html#tabbed-pane

I will let you all know how this purchase go, I don't anticipate any problems as Pioneer has at this time a 100% positive feedback, refer to the above link :).

I ordered a Tekway DST1102B from Pioneer too. Ordered on the 7th, now on its way. He's a good guy, an engineer, not a box shifter. He know what he's talking about so I have every confidence. Will let you know when the scope arrives. Thanks everyone for your help.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
    • Elec3i Instrumentation et automatisme
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2011, 12:12:41 pm »
My God, I had visited this Aliexpress website  :o . You can see how no care is made for packaging and handle electronics accessories like probes.
If people only concentrate the price, well why not proposing everything like a kit with components, case, bill of materials and serigraphy masks for each country!
Then people arrange by themselves (soldering, cleaning, testing) and everything is ok. Ok, men, we will give you a 300.00 EUR oscilloscope kit, and wish you good luck ! ;D Just this policy is not ours: we change bad boxes, change power cord with 2.50m (Hantek/tekway is 1.50m, a bit short for convenience), change CD small pocket when this one is damaged. Electronics should be handled with care, not like trash...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:14:22 pm by pgup62 »

Offline bilko

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2011, 12:36:14 pm »
My God, I had visited this Aliexpress website  :o . You can see how no care is made for packaging and handle electronics accessories like probes.
If people only concentrate the price, well why not proposing everything like a kit with components, case, bill of materials and serigraphy masks for each country!
Then people arrange by themselves (soldering, cleaning, testing) and everything is ok. Ok, men, we will give you a 300.00 EUR oscilloscope kit, and wish you good luck ! ;D Just this policy is not ours: we change bad boxes, change power cord with 2.50m (Hantek/tekway is 1.50m, a bit short for convenience), change CD small pocket when this one is damaged. Electronics should be handled with care, not like trash...

Pascal,
We will comment when we receive the goods, we don't see pictures of your setup. You don't have something to hide here do you ? Your equipment came from China and could well have been built in a chicken shed before you received it. Lets wait and see, if your comments are justified I am sure Aliexpress customers will not be afraid to reveal the facts.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2011, 01:55:53 pm »
If people only concentrate the price, well why not proposing everything like a kit with components, case,
bill of materials and serigraphy masks for each country!

Pascal,

there will be always people looking for cheaper than cheap. They don't care about DOA warranty,
don't care about regular warranty, don't care about packaging - only price counts.
Is it right ? Well, depends - but honestly i prefer to have at least DOA warranty on no costs,
which is not given if i buy from any of those "cheap-sellers". Sure, such seller can say
"i will checked before i send out, so no DOA 100%", but that's the half of the story.

This is electronic equipment, it can always fail, especially BGA parts might works for few days and then stop,
and this is common for all products, not only chinese (just see Dave's 12k USD Agilent fail issue).
Next example was a guy from Ukraina, he ordered once - got DOA, ordered next one - broken after few days.
For sure maye he was just stupid, but to be very honest the seller and Tekway confirmed his story,
so shit happens sometimes. Luckily for him the seller was fair enough ...

As you said , you have the lowest price for Hantek in Europe - and that's fine.
You giving full no-DOA warranty (on no costs) and the regular 3yrs warranty
- knowing that many of your customers will manipulate these DSOs - and that's more than fair.

So why still some ppl think they have to buy in china instead of from Elec3i ?

- because they can't pay more than whatever
- because they loves to play russian roulette
- because they think they need to do something "cool", like russian roulette purchase

We can't change "cool" guys, and can't change "russian roulette players"
and can't just add some "candys" for price-driven people - so just don't care about.

Btw, did you saw my question ?

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1571.msg36747#msg36747
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2011, 02:26:09 pm »
It must also remember that many countries ask VAT (and also may ask duties). Inside EU this is simple. No customs office on the "inside" borders. (exept some special goods, example cars etc, harmonization is not yet fully ready.)

But if someone buy (example to Australia) from EU. No any matter if Elec3i have pay (VAT) as he import it from China to France. (no need pay any customs duties becouse it is in EY TARIC codes free from customs but import VAT need pay for total.
But now if he send it to Australia  there is Australian customs office.. there buyer need pay TAX (VAT) agen.
This price is ok in EU. (USD 580 with free shipping to Aus is lot of better price. around 430Eur + VAT  if compare (559 Eur + shipping) + VAT.  If (some country) have VAT 25%  it means 430 * 1,25 = ~540 (eur) and if 559 + ship is example 590 then 590 * 1,25 = ~740 eur. Difference is markable. (this is not accurate but here you find some difference)

Also, now they are talking about Tekway NOT Hantek. They are not exactly same but overall specs and functions are same. Example in China Tekway is lot of better name as hantek. (yes inside scope PC read Tekway in Hantek but with somecomponents may be diff becouse there are also two separate production lines... separate factories. Also you may be know what is difference in  prices. (I'm surpriced Aliexpress seller can sell both with same price. How it is possible... this I do not want speculate. (sky is high and caesar is far away)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:30:20 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline bilko

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2011, 03:12:25 pm »
If you are in Europe and want Hantek, I agree why not buy from elec3i. For those outside of Europe, it doesn't make that much sense. If you pay with paypal you have some protection from DOA regardless. You still have to send the unit back at your own expense, either to France or to China. The lower price from China incurs less import duty too. So yes there is a price incentive, also the warranty side is only really effective in Europe if you buy from Europe. The quality of the scopes is variable, you are not guaranteed a better scope just because it was shipped to Europe first.
Hantek's focus is for the export market, whilst Tekway are intended for the internal Chinese market. Hence you will find very few if any Hantek scopes with the Chinese keyboard overlay.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2011, 03:37:18 pm »
OK, OK, I don't want to lit the fire, and I really wish everything you buy is OK.
Hantek makes its best to give good quality and service. ;D and free parts for quick maintenance.
I don't really know Aliexpress and people behind them. But what I know is Hantek staff and development. tools and production as I visited them many times.
My staff and cooperation team are half chinese too, we don't criticize but we are aware of possible problems because we have faced them sometimes.
OK, from now I stop posting for this topic. It is better we concentrate improving informations of the products...

Offline RFman

• Contributor
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2011, 09:49:41 pm »
My God, I had visited this Aliexpress website  :o . You can see how no care is made for packaging and handle electronics accessories like probes.

Hi Pascal,

Question: do you give a three year warranty if we change the resistors and firmware in the oscilloscope?

Who pays for warranty postage? We pay to France and you pay back to us, or we pay both ways, or you pay both ways?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:42:39 pm by RFman »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2011, 10:23:42 pm »
Hi Pascal,

Question: do you give a three year warranty if we change the resistors and firmware in the oscilloscope?

hehe, RFman, knowing that a customer might play with the DSO internals is one thing, allowing up front is a different thing.

I would never allow it up front, therefore all my customers got a simple question "shall i do it for you?",
if yes i did it and i'm responsible for potential warranty issues, if no then i placed "tags" in NAND, PCB and input channels cover.

But well, the question is not what i think and allow, the question is what Pascal does.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:41:59 pm by tinhead »

Offline RFman

• Contributor
« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2011, 11:10:35 pm »
Hi Pascal,

hehe, RFman, knowing that a custom might play with the DSO internals is one thing, allowing up front is a different thing.

I would never allow it up front, therefore all my customers got a simple question "shall i do it for you?",
if yes i did it and i'm responsible for potential warranty issues, if no then i placed "tags" in NAND, PCB and input channels cover.

But well, the question is not what i think and allow, the question is what Pascal does.

Hi Tinhead,

Oh I see, now I understand. It's just that this was one of the things I considered when ordering my oscilloscope.

I agree, it is up to what Pascal allows as far as to what his warranty is.

Thanks for that information.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:27:13 am by RFman »

Offline RFman

• Contributor
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2011, 03:51:52 am »
There was an interesting Tekway DST1102B 100MHz DSO Review article in Silicon Chip magazine January 2011.

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/search/index.html?scope=&keywords=Tekway&Search=Search
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:20:05 am by RFman »

Offline RFman

• Contributor
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2011, 05:00:45 am »
I scanned the Chinese panel and replaced the characters with English.

I haven't tried it on for size yet, but it looks close!

-P

Hi PsI-On,

When you added the letters and lines onto the front panel, did you put them on a seperate layer to the background colour. Why I ask is that some dial paper already has a background colour. I would be good if it was possible to print on this without the background. Are you able to generate another image of your front panel without the background colour.

Thanks for a great front panel.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:27:34 am by RFman »

Offline PsI-On

• Contributor
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2011, 09:40:30 am »
Hi RFman,

Yes all the text is on separate layers, I can generate another image but it will have no graphics. The Photoshop file is about 50MB if you want to play with it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

-P

Offline renais

« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2011, 01:33:30 pm »
Hi guys,

I heard that recently all the new DST 1062B from the traders have been with upgraded firmware version 2.06.3. The new version has hack-prevention which prevents illegal firmware update as we did for ver 2.06.2.

Although firmware upgrading with hacked fimware image by USB is not allowed anymore, , I guess by JTAG we still can backup the image and then change to hacked version, if CPLD and FPGA design are not changed from v2.06.2 to v2.06.3. Has anyone tried and confirmed this? Also kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:32 pm »
Warranty is applied only if no hardware changes are made by fellows. This means Hantek agents may do for you (add-ons, every hardware maintenance like electronic boards, keyboard and display changes). We asked Hantek to put a customized laser security hologram sticker to prevent case opening.
For firmware, the ones provided by Hantek cannot cancel warranty. For shipment charges, customer pays the shipping to us, and he can choose the best ecnomical way for this, and we will pay the shipment back to the customer: this time, we always choose our international post service (the one we use for the purchase process), and we pay for shipping insurance (the rate is the DSO+shipment value, DSO value is our purchase price). ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:51:19 pm by pgup62 »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2011, 02:02:13 pm »
Hi guys,

I heard that recently all the new DST 1062B from the traders have been with upgraded firmware version 2.06.3. The new version has hack-prevention which prevents illegal firmware update as we did for ver 2.06.2.

Although firmware upgrading with hacked fimware image by USB is not allowed anymore, , I guess by JTAG we still can backup the image and then change to hacked version, if CPLD and FPGA design are not changed from v2.06.2 to v2.06.3. Has anyone tried and confirmed this? Also kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

if you would spend 10mins to read this thread you will see that:
- yes we know it
- yes it works still over UART
- yes it can work over USB if you read carefully what i wrote

Offline Igor

• Contributor
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2011, 02:24:20 pm »
The Photoshop file is about 50MB if you want to play with it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
I want to.  ;D
I can show my version *.psd precise sizing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:32:02 pm by Igor »

Offline SoftwareSamurai

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2011, 01:41:05 am »
You know what would be a really great mod for my DSO5120B? How about a 100 MHz DDS function generator!
Yeah, I know. I'm dreaming. Time to crack open the wallet for a good DDS unit...

Offline renais

« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2011, 02:45:27 am »
Hi guys,

Thanks!

if you would spend 10mins to read this thread you will see that:
- yes we know it
- yes it works still over UART
- yes it can work over USB if you read carefully what i wrote

Hi Tinhead,

Thanks for your kind comments, I should have read the thread more carefully!

Offline kahe40

• Contributor
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2011, 09:59:04 am »

>>> I should have read the thread more carefully!

I dont think so, there are 24 pages with 350 answers,
it took me one afternoon to read everything,
result was: I know less than before!
(because 95% of the thread is bla-bla-bla...)

I found this page for Hantek Scopes:
http://www.socratesblog.eu/?p=174
maybe it helps a little bit.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:10 am »

I dont think so, there are 24 pages with 350 answers,
it took me one afternoon to read everything,
result was: I know less than before!

seriously, you don't need 200MHz bw DSO if your IQ is too low to use search function

Ask the right question and you will get answer, a very first post like "no idea", "i'm blind", "help me" are useless.
And no, don't ask for pre-compiled USB hacks, use your brain again, everything you need is in here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf