Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2187570 times)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #575 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:34 pm »

Not sure what you are trying to say here?  The waveform update rate isn't very important to digital scopes, despite the fact that some mainstream DSO makers try to get you to think it is the only number that matters - it is in their interest to promote their banner spec and get you to ignore so many important things that affect the usefulness of a DSO. .....

I think they should be called something else, because they do not work like an analogue scope, but I also realise that this is hoping for too much, the name DSO - we are stuck with it now. ......

As another thought about update rate... what is the response time of the LCD display, and how fast are its pixels updated?  I don't have a model number or spec on the display LCD used int he Hantek/Tekway DSOs.  If it is typically around 5mS pixel response time, the fastest update rate that can be seen is limited by the LCD response rate.  1/5mS =2000 changes black to white per second = 1000 hertz of a waveform.  So, the fastest that any pixel can turn on and off, is 1000 times per second.  It makes the very high waveform update rates that Tek and HP have been quoting pretty pointless I think.

Colin,

i miss to answer the part above ... so here we go.

the biggest advantage of analog osciloscope was that you could see the real waveform (generally spoken, because even with analog scope you
can measure bullshit) or beautifull random spikes on the phosphor ... the biggest disadvanted was the missing memory. Sure there are some combination
between both techs possible, but let stay on basics techs.

The biggest advantage of DSO is the memory, and vice versa to analog biggest disadvantage are the blind times between sample cycles
caused primarly due serial data processing (-> acq. data -> calculate waveform -> move data to µC -> display data ->).
Even if this process look like a "flow", it is combination of steps, with dead time between, which of course accumulate
to a very high total blind time.

The common misunderstanding is the waveform refresh rate, it does not have anything to do with actual display refresh,
from that point of view everything about 25-200frames/sec should be sufficient. It does have only something to do with the
time the DSO need to acquire, calculate and display the data, which is very slow on typical DSO due the serial process flow.
Same of course for DPOs , however they have significant differences to typical DSOs.

To have a real time digital scope (like a analog scope) we need to process 1000000 waveforms per second.
(Btw, the TDS754D is doing 80000wfrm/s, but only when single channel selected and 50point/frame,
with 5000point/frame and two channels enabled it less that 4000wfrm/s - not that far from HanTekway's 2500wfrm/s
in dual chan and 4000point/frame)

If you compare it to lower range Tektronix DPO with 5000 wfrm/s that's only 0.5% of what really happens and 99.5% blind time
(or 99.75 blind time for Tekway/Hantek ... or 99.92% for Rigol ... or 95% for Agilent DSOX 2k).
So what, is this data important ? Sure, if you have to capture glitches it is important - statement like "with Tekway you have 300%
more chance to capture glitch than with Rigol ..."  funny heh, but it is actually truth.
If you have to watch endless sinus, a 20$ cheap toy-dso like Nano is good enough.

Tekway/Hantek DSOs are more like Tektronix DPOs, the data will be collected and rasterized - the resulting data accumulated and displayed
where spikes/gltiches with less occurrence will get displayed darker and more occurrence brighter to simulate phosphor.
Sure Tek DPOs are doing this job better having 256 stages (Tekway only 16), but it is the same idea.
(Note the difference - typical DSO is not rasterizing and accumulating data, so to see a glitch yuo have to wait
actually until the glitch happens within the sampling window - and then of course it will get display in same color/brightness as normal signal, so it might
, depends on glitch, misslead you)

As this process is (more or less -depends on the implementation) parallel on a DPO, the amount of captured data is higher than on typical DSO,
reducing blind times. The display refresh rate is a different story, lower range Tek DPO is doing display update with 30Hz
(where still the data will be collected, rasterized and moved to the display memory to get accumulated - and that with 5000 wfrm/sec).

Tekway is having 30/40/50Hz and auto (which is autoresponding refresh rate based on event occurance - it is actually good for XY, i pref. to use 50Hz)
display refresh rate (where still like on Tek the data will be collected, rasterized and moved to display controller to get accumulated with 2500 wfrm/sec).

As you own LeCory - for yrs LeCroy was not able to deliver scopes with high wfrm/s rate, they saw it only as Tektronix marketing gag (well, a drunken driver will always tell you others are responsible, he will be alway the best driver in the world) and tried to sell scopes via "big memory" marketing trick.
Sure, sufficient memory is important, but actually you can't sample with 1GSs for minutes (which you will need to see few khz glitch on Rigol/lower cost LeCroy). Luckily this changed, LeCroy is having today scopes with high wfrm/s rate (and sufficient memory) - but we talk now about
chinese products which are comparable to 5-10yrs old middle range scopes (Tek/LeCroy/HP) or even todays lower range Tek/LeCroy/Agilent scopes.

If you have enough money, you can get a good one digital scope which will be better than analog one, but honestly i prefer to drive a nice car
and work on lower/middle range equipment.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:43:38 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline dfnr2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #576 on: May 17, 2011, 10:44:23 am »
Of course it is good to maximize the refresh rate, but the examples in the HP ads are very artificial.  First of all, those high rates only apply at the shortest sweep rates with the shallowest memory.  Second, you still have to sit there and watch the screen for really rare glitches (1/hr), and unfortunately, you don't really get to choose your glitch rate.  True, if you have 1M waveforms/sec, you may see a glitch that happens 1/hour, and with 1K waveforms/sec, you may never see it, but neither will see a glitch that happens 1/day (without a stakeout), and nobody will look for glitches using that technique.  You will look for events around the glitch and trigger on those, then hunt for the glitch, or you'll try to trigger on the glitch.  Then you check every so often, go home, sleep, check in the morning.  Once you've confirmed your glitch, regardless of update rate, you may want to troubleshoot the cause, which may require triggering about the glitch, and capturing signals.  When you're capturing and analyzing signals, waveform update rate is irrelevant. 

In general, given a choice between a scope with very deep memory, sophisticated memory architecture (segments), and sophisticated triggering versus high waveform rate, I believe the first option would be by far the more useful and versatile scope for most engineering applications.  If you can trigger on the glitch, you prove it's existence, and can explore other waveforms.  Or, you can trigger on the symptom, and find the glitch in memory.

Additionally, the majority of debugging does not involve hunting for gitches; you're more often looking at highly reproducible, deterministic behavior.  In this case as well as the intermittent events, great triggering and deep memory are a boon.  That's why those old Lecroy scopes are such a great deal.  They've got fantastic triggering capability and (even by today's standards) incredibly deep memory with segmentation ability, and are typically much cheaper than similar bandwidth/sample rate HP and Tek scopes with 1/100 the memory, no segments, and less powerful math and triggering.  (According to TeraPeak, last 90 days Ebay final sale prices of 2 working LeCroy 9354 scopes was $300 and $500; and a tek TDS754A was $2600).

Dave

• Super Contributor
« Reply #577 on: May 17, 2011, 11:50:36 am »
Additionally, the majority of debugging does not involve hunting for gitches; you're more often looking at highly reproducible, deterministic behavior.  In this case as well as the intermittent events, great triggering and deep memory are a boon.  That's why those old Lecroy scopes are such a great deal.  They've got fantastic triggering capability and (even by today's standards) incredibly deep memory with segmentation ability, and are typically much cheaper than similar bandwidth/sample rate HP and Tek scopes with 1/100 the memory, no segments, and less powerful math and triggering.  (According to TeraPeak, last 90 days Ebay final sale prices of 2 working LeCroy 9354 scopes was $300 and $500; and a tek TDS754A was $2600).

most EE even don't know how to proper measure things they not work with daily. LeCroy 9345 is for sure good value for money, as my Tek died i didn't saw any reason to buy expensive replcament parts for such old device (you never know what next). I was thinking about other brand named used scopes, but again - you never know what you buy, so finally decided to give a chance non-brand named manufacturer.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:00:48 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline dfnr2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #578 on: May 17, 2011, 03:50:05 pm »
good one, go home and sleep a bit :)
Done  8)

All that being said, having used scopes for digital, analog, and RF design, and for MRI pulse sequence development, I think one can do most of the stuff you need with triggering no fancier than the current crop of chinese scopes, and deep memory.  That's why I'm fond of this little Hantek--It's tiny, silent, with a stunningly beautiful screen, nice control panel, and has enough features to accomplish a lot of design, service, or testing work, even for a pro.  The screen really makes a difference.  I'm rooting for Hantek to open up the code; but barring that, to start fixing the bugs.  I believe they will--they seem very responsive to their customers.  I would imagine that a good software base and a good HDL base could form the basis for a profitable series of scopes for years to come.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:04:56 pm by dfnr2 »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #579 on: May 17, 2011, 06:18:09 pm »
well someone have to convince the shareholders, actually they blocking any open source / SDK ideas,
which is really "stupid" (stupid is maybe hard word, but there is a chance to have additional benefit and they just refusing it)

There is, except DSO nano, no open source DSO available on the market - and what a supprise, many ppl bought DSO NANO
even knowing that the performance is really poor, but the idea of "to be involved" in something (or well, or have a chance some day)
is fooling ppl and increasing the sales numbers. Another one example - Wittig DSOs - even after the company stop to exists
ppl still developing firmware, for free. Sure they spend a bit longer than necessary to have real revenue, but only because there was almost
no support from manufacturer.

Sure good EE cost money, but actually there are enough good ppl who wish
to get involded - for free - in the Hantek DSO improvement.

Today, even a "open" source prostitute is getting more "customers", even if she already wide open.

Hantek is currently such conservative, they even don't want to supply schematics of the DSOs to official service providers.

So dear shareholders, think about it!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:29:18 pm by tinhead »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #580 on: May 17, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »
Today, even a "open" source prostitute is getting more "customers", even if she already wide open.
LOL!
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline bilko

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #581 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »
Now the concept of a relatively high spec scope based on Linux has been proven by Hantekway and the demand for an open source version has been established. I wonder how long it will be before another manufacturer will 'jump in' and sweep the rug from under their feet whilst the shareholders are still thinking about it. Wake up Hantekway, this is the 21st century, business is changing, you still have a chance to take advantage of the situation.

Offline carloscuev

• Regular Contributor
    • Spanish Freescale Developers Forum
« Reply #582 on: May 18, 2011, 03:22:15 pm »
Just talked to Pioneer Huang, the Aliexpress Hantek and Tekway seller and he told me that he will start shipping the english panel sticker he promised to his buyers in about 2 days, he sent me a pic:

(resized within html tags only, save it to view it in high res)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #583 on: May 19, 2011, 03:00:17 pm »
@new hardware revision owners

can someone test the /tst hack on new hardware revision ?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #584 on: May 21, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »
@new hardware revision owners

can someone test the /tst hack on new hardware revision ?

nobody ? Drieg ?

Offline drieg

• Regular Contributor
    • Silcon Electronics
« Reply #585 on: May 23, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »
Unfortunately I don't have any 400 MHz source at hand at the moment, so I did test the tst file hack with my fast-pulse generator only.

First picture is original DST1062B, PCB v1.00.5, second picture shows the same unit with the /tst file ([filter] 45) after reboot. The [filter] parameter obviously changes the VGA settings, it has no effect on varicap bias in low pass BW filter.

Although the input circuits are almost indentical for Rigol DS1052E and Tekway DST1062B, it seems the BW control is done in a different way. Tekway don't use primary the low-pass filter with different varicap bias, they're changing gain of input VGA. As tinhead mentioned earlier (e.g. here):

"Everything happens within FPGA design, where FPGA is talking to CPLD and CPLD is changing the gain of AD8370 (combination of digital low pass filter and gain control)."

This is probably the reason, why the fast pulse amplitude fluctuates on DST1062B while on Rigol DS1052E you can see nice stable pulse. Frankly speaking, I don't understand why Tekway/Hantek chose this way and I don't really understand how this can work when you need to capture fast single-shot signals. What is the single-shot bandwidth then? Based on what data is the gain calculated??
It might work for sinus, but how can this work for square with fast rissing/falling eges?

I've also found out, that the varicap bias in low-pass filter is still the same for DST1062B and DS1202B unit. They must do all BW control in VGA. The low-pass filter is used only for 20MHz BW limit on/off...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:30:08 pm by drieg »
Bricked Rigol? This thread might be of any help.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #586 on: May 23, 2011, 08:13:42 pm »
btw, there is new firmware on Hantek website v2.06.3 (110420.0). However for some reason the dev team forgot to
increase version number in the executable itself, so after update you will still see v2.06.3 (110225.0).

However the dso.exe is from April 2011, so if you do an fw update don't wonder about not updated version number.

For Tekway user - there is no fw available to download, however Tekway is sending via email/support fw with exact same "error".

The firmware itself have only some code changes, no new functions.
From what i can see changes are in these parts of code:
- menu (measure, dual windows wave player, digital filter, recorder),
- language selection,
- data export (math),
- pass/fail,
- default setup,
- FFT draw,
- Wave draw,
- pc communication

Hantek said that this firmware should have language issues fixed (whatever this means, haven't checked because
i use anyway english only).

I think next time i will send an invoice to Hantek/Tekway, something like changelog seems to be too much for them

Offline enclis

• Contributor
« Reply #587 on: May 23, 2011, 09:14:30 pm »
is there in v2.06.3 (110420.0) a bugfix with 1M samples saving? Can I upgrade my DST1062 with this Hantek fw?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:23:05 pm by enclis »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #588 on: May 23, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »
is there in v2.06.3 (110420.0) a bugfix with 1M samples saving? Can I upgrade my DST1062 with this Hantek fw?

no, the 1M csv bug is still not fixed. You can't directly use Hantek firmware on Tekway DSO, and vice versa.

What you always can od is to decrypt/unpack firmware content, and manually copy updated files
(this time dso.exe and the content of OurLanguages folder).

You can of course create own firmware upgarde file, but to be very honest to write an email to Tekway
support (our your fav. Tekway dealer) takes 1 minute and tomorrow you will get the firmware.

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #589 on: May 23, 2011, 10:35:13 pm »
Hi, Tinhead, a while back you said you had a schematic for the inputS... Well I'd be interested in seeing how these modern scopes are designed as I am working on a similar project on the back-burner. Thanks!

Offline colinbeeforth

• Contributor
« Reply #590 on: May 25, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »
Hi tinhead,

There seems to only be one version of firmware.  Is this the same for all 3 models?  Does it change the bandwidth or read some config file and leave bandwidth correct for each model?

Colin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #591 on: May 25, 2011, 11:05:41 pm »
This is probably the reason, why the fast pulse amplitude fluctuates on DST1062B while on Rigol DS1052E you can see nice stable pulse. Frankly speaking, I don't understand why Tekway/Hantek chose this way and I don't really understand how this can work when you need to capture fast single-shot signals. What is the single-shot bandwidth then? Based on what data is the gain calculated??
It might work for sinus, but how can this work for square with fast rissing/falling eges?

I've also found out, that the varicap bias in low-pass filter is still the same for DST1062B and DS1202B unit. They must do all BW control in VGA. The low-pass filter is used only for 20MHz BW limit on/off...

The digital filter does not have any influence on waveform as long the HF component necessary to rebuild the waveform is not filtered out.
It is by default set to bw limit, so the resulting waveform on the display looks similar as with analog filter.
The VAG is used in addition to control the flatness over the whole bw (it is hard to analyze the exact functionality)

Actually Rigol/Instek are doing exact the same, the analog low-pass filter is only an addition to what the firmware is doing
(plus of course the 20MHz filter functionality)

In principle you can add analog filter to Tekway/Hantek too, the waveform looks cleaner up to 20ns/div but as soon you switch to 8/4/2ns ADCs are running with 125Mhz which is producing some "nice artifacts" (amplitude changes). This isn't really bad design, as long the DSO is calibrated properly.
Especialy the factory calibration is very important, the self-calibration data is based anway on it (+ measured data created by DAC)

I did played a bit with the factory calibration, which is without internal information from dev team a real pain. I was able to increase signal quality (and
decrease drasticly). Haven't published anything about because it is not for everybody (yet? will see).

What the diff between Rigol and HanTekway is - well, Rigol is using 5 double ADCs running with 100Mhz, which is easier to synchronize (and reduce potential conversion errors). However, if you check Instek, they using 4 double ADCs like HanTekway - with no issues at all.

So you might ask what really different or wat is exactly the reason for the "nervous" signal ?

That's actually the the FPGA firmware itself. Where Rigol and Instek are doing 800wfrm/s (more or less serial), HanTekway is doing 2500 (more or less parallel).
Set your display refresh to auto or 30Hz, set avr to 4 and the signal looks close to what on Rigol/Instek. Sure pulse signal is still jumping around (well it is doing anyway, that's not a real stable pulse) but the reason is mostly in jitter/calibration. If you do single shot for 200MHz signal on a 200Mhz enabled DSO you will see that every second peak is having same amplitude (where by 300Mhz two ok, third bad and for 400 Mhz two ok, next two bad).
This is a perfect indication for not perfect synchronized ADCs (well, it will be never really perfect due the i/o pin jitter from the FPGA)

Anyway, HanTekway did updated the FPGA design for the new hw models for reason (let's hope they will still support and improve design for old hw!).

Btw, if you look in detail the varicap (and the two series caps) together with the opamps in/out impendace, the resistors network and
wires inductance is in principle a (R)ZLC butterworth low pass filter. You can actually calculate back from the 20MHz and the total capacity
of Varicap/C combination the (R)ZL values and calculate then again the cutoff for lowest varicap capacity. As i remember it was something about 280Mhz?

To be very honest i doubt that HanTekway are having good QC and spending hours for calibration, which we of course love because every
working hr costs money and we don't want to pay  too much ... that's the point. I wish HanTekway could tell me/us how they doing the factory
calibration in detail
(i can guess and track many things, but not everything without spending tons of hrs on that). Sure not everybody will be
able to re-calibrate @home, but for those who have the knowledge and equipment it could be an option.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #592 on: May 25, 2011, 11:12:32 pm »
Hi tinhead,

There seems to only be one version of firmware.  Is this the same for all 3 models?  Does it change the bandwidth or read some config file and leave bandwidth correct for each model?

Colin
no, it's not. On chinese webpage for 60Mhz model is available, on english webpage for 100Mhz model ... crazy what? , but there is
explanation why (the firmware on the webpage is only interim version).

HanTekway said that they will publish single firmware (for all models), with some bux fixes in the next few days
(actually they said until end of this week, but we know already that marketing and engineering calendars have different amount of days per week)
so please be patient.

Offline colinbeeforth

• Contributor
« Reply #593 on: May 26, 2011, 06:44:01 am »

Hi tinhead,

no, it's not. On chinese webpage for 60Mhz model is available, on english webpage for 100Mhz model ... crazy what?

Defintiely a bit crazy.  I found the 100MHz version [dst1kb_2.06.3_15102b_fact(110225.0).up] on the Chinese page.  I tried to upgrade my DSO5102B DSO and it appeared to do everything correctly, saying successful upgrade, power off and then on to run it.  When I turn it on again, the DSO still shows version 110225, and upgrade count is still 0!!  The upgrade simply doesn't work at all.

What you always can do is to decrypt/unpack firmware content

Sounds like a good idea.  What sort of encryption is used to package the operating software?  <colin at lasielle dot net> if you want to email direct.

Frankly, I am beginning to suspect Hantek/Tekway software development is not run by engineers, maybe talented amateurs - talent, but no discipline.  Lack of changelog, early release of only some versions, upgrades that don't work.  This is not building my confidence in them at all.  ???

• Super Contributor
« Reply #594 on: May 26, 2011, 10:13:47 am »
Sounds like a good idea.  What sort of encryption is used to package the operating software?  <colin at lasielle dot net> if you want to email direct.

To decrypt firmware update:
- download the .up file from Hantek/Tekway website
- download and install GPG / GnuPG
- run gpg -d dstxxxxxxx.up > dstxxxxxx.gz (when asked for password type 0571tekway)
- gunzip the dstxxxxxx.gz
- untar the resulting file (it is dstxxxxxx. )
- untar again the resulting DST1000_4000.tar

Frankly, I am beginning to suspect Hantek/Tekway software development is not run by engineers, maybe talented amateurs - talent, but no discipline.  Lack of changelog, early release of only some versions, upgrades that don't work.  This is not building my confidence in them at all.  ???

knowing the public and not public issues in last 3 months - full ack.

Before Hantek shareholder bought Tekway, so before the original developer "rgj" stopped to work on the hardware/firmware
the situation was totally different - you can still see some echos in the firmware, SVN, changelog/history, comments
in the apps and scripts - things you always expect from a profesional development process.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #595 on: May 26, 2011, 04:24:10 pm »

Hi tinhead,

no, it's not. On chinese webpage for 60Mhz model is available, on english webpage for 100Mhz model ... crazy what?

Defintiely a bit crazy.  I found the 100MHz version [dst1kb_2.06.3_15102b_fact(110225.0).up] on the Chinese page.  I tried to upgrade my DSO5102B DSO and it appeared to do everything correctly, saying successful upgrade, power off and then on to run it.  When I turn it on again, the DSO still shows version 110225, and upgrade count is still 0!!  The upgrade simply doesn't work at all.

What you always can do is to decrypt/unpack firmware content

New latest FW package (.rar)   is here for all models (be sure you select right model:

http://www.hantek.com/download/dst1kb_2.06.3_15000B_fact(110420.0).rar

extract it and you find separate FW update for every single models.
There is NOT version 110225.0 on the Hantek official siteds (where from you find this old, it is not anymore officially shared?)

(add: as we all know there is still 110225.0 after update to 110420.0 becouse they forget update version number change in file.. really I do not understand they thinking and lazy loose woking practice. No changelog what is "must" in all FW updates so this is like garbage coillecting in the dark)

Do not use any other sources for FW update but only official Hantek webpage. (exept if you know exactly what you are doing ;)  )
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:33:18 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #596 on: May 26, 2011, 05:26:16 pm »
it was fw from the official webpage. To stop the confusion, Hantek updated shortly the file on the webserver.

Those who downloaded the older file found only update for one model, the file what is right now on server does have
updates files for all models.

The version number, well, look in hex editor and you will see, the dso.exe DOES NOT have the number updated,
it is still 2.06.3(110225.0) and not (110420.0)

Even the update script is talking about old number:

[DST type]dst1000b
[soft version]2.06.3(110225.0)

So yes, we assume it is 110420.0 just because it was compiled in April, but after update the DSO will still show you 110225.0

And btw, Tekway is sending exact the same firmware with exact the same version number "bug"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:28:13 pm by tinhead »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #597 on: May 26, 2011, 06:46:41 pm »
it was fw from the official webpage. To stop the confusion, Hantek updated shortly the file on the webserver.

Those who downloaded the older file found only update for one model, the file what is right now on server does have
updates files for all models.

The version number, well, look in hex editor and you will see, the dso.exe DOES NOT have the number updated,
it is still 2.06.3(110225.0) and not (110420.0)

Even the update script is talking about old number:

[DST type]dst1000b
[soft version]2.06.3(110225.0)

So yes, we assume it is 110420.0 just because it was compiled in April, but after update the DSO will still show you 110225.0

And btw, Tekway is sending exact the same firmware with exact the same version number "bug"

O-ou. What is going on...  this sloppiness negligence is going more and more worse.

What happend after springfestival in Hantek. Maybe some better worker did not arrive back to working?

Someone need stop this game and clean table and then continue from clean board with good tight order and rules. Other way they start loose...
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline amigo

• Regular Contributor
  • Professional Wannabe
« Reply #598 on: May 27, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »
Phew, I have finally read all 41 pages of this thread...

Let me join everyone in thanking tinhead for his relentless effort to bring us this wonderful improvement and a wealth of information along.

I bought my Hantek DSO5102B last Christmas and did not even fully unpack it until couple of days ago. The firmware on the unit is 2.06.2 (101028.0) and I was able to use the original USB hack to change it to DSO5202B without any problems.

I wonder now, is it worth upgrading to 2.06.3 (110420.0) using the original file vias the USB? Will that cause any problems with the hack, or should I manually copy the files?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #599 on: May 27, 2011, 10:59:49 pm »
Phew, I have finally read all 41 pages of this thread...

yeah, i created some shortcuts in my first posting to save some reading time )

I bought my Hantek DSO5102B last Christmas and did not even fully unpack it until couple of days ago.

how come ?

I wonder now, is it worth upgrading to 2.06.3 (110420.0) using the original file vias the USB? Will that cause any problems with the hack,
or should I manually copy the files?

hacked device is working exact as original device, so as you hacked you can use manufacturer firmware updates
(for the target model, which i assume is now 200MHz model).
Manuall copy work of course too, but it's not that handy is you don't have LAN addon board or at least uart port outside DSO.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf