Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Perepandel

• Contributor
New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« on: October 22, 2020, 10:14:55 am »
Hi,

I've posted some about this also in the https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/ thread, as it would be nice to know if these models are bandwith hackable, also.

But in this thread my aim is to discuss any available info on these supposed new models, as nothing can be found on Hantek's site. Could it be that they are fake?? They seem like an upgraded version of DSO5xx2 with much more memory (8M), an in-built function generator, serial decoding, 12bit precision and from 100 to 150 MHz, and cheaper than the DSO5xx2 models. No info on Google or whatsoever, either.

Offline sithrebel15

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 06:33:39 am »
It's still an 8 bit scope. the AWG is 12 bit.

Offline lmantuano

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:22:22 am »
Hi Sithrebel,

I'm also curious having ordered one from Aliexpress (DSO2C10), do you have actual information on these scopes? could they actually be FAKES? I'm NEW to this...

regards

Luigi

Online tunk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

The following users thanked this post: Perepandel

Offline lmantuano

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »
 Thanx Tunk!

Offline lmantuano

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?... GOOD NEWS!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 07:15:28 am »
Hi All,

got a reply from zhangqiang@hantek.com saying "this is our new product, it is not a fake"   Great, hope it comes soon..

lm

Offline Perepandel

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 11:47:38 am »
Hi! Thanks for the info; I just got to know about that thread some minutes ago. Actually this one is older, so they should be referret to here  ::)

Anyway... I just got mine about two weeks ago but it's still inside its box for two reasones: first of all, I don't have the time to play with it due to work & studies constraints, and second, I ordered the 100 Mhz one because it was the only one available at the moment but later I found the 150 one in stock, so I ended ordering it too, hoping I'll be able to sell the other one. It's still in transit.

I hope we've made a good purchase. Some months ago I was about to buy a DSO5102P but got informed about its short memory length. Then I was in search of a Siglent SDS1202x-e but it's at about twice is "old" price and I got tired of waiting for months to get a deal, which has not come, even after some failed attempts (fake Amazon ads and so on). Then one day this model appeared suddenly on AliExpress.

What's not clear to me is what the 12-bit resolution refers to. Some say it's for the function generator only. Some specs say the oscillo itself has a 12-bit vertical res; others say it's a 8-bit oscillo. No definite answer.

What I like also is that it comes with serial decoding.

I have very little experience with oscillos. I'll give more info when I have the chance to play with it.

Online tunk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 09:55:03 pm »
Anyway... I just got mine about two weeks ago but it's still inside its box for two reasones:
If it was me, I would open it and check if it works. And if it doesn't, contact the seller.

Offline Perepandel

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Today at 11:08:00 am »
Anyway... I just got mine about two weeks ago but it's still inside its box for two reasones:
If it was me, I would open it and check if it works. And if it doesn't, contact the seller.

Haven't opened it yet as I've already got the 150 Mhz already, but haven't had the time to play with it; just to test that it work and looks good. Maybe this weekend.

I've algo got the manual in PDF from Hantek as it was missing on the driver CD  :palm:, so I asked them via email and at least I have to aknowledge that they were very quick replying. As an unexpected gift, I got a firmware update. Which opens up the question of how feasible would be to flash an inferior device (the 100 Mhz version and even the ones without signal generator) and see what happens... Any volunteers? Remember I have an spare, new unit for sell  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf