Author Topic: Xgecu T48 ISP programming  (Read 5476 times)

Offline galaga1982Topic starter

• Contributor
Xgecu T48 ISP programming
« on: July 30, 2023, 07:48:41 am »
Hi, I'm a newbie.
Please help me if anyone know how to use ISP programming, not emmc isp type.
Also, if anyone know the 16-pin header pinout, please reply. Detailed explanations and pictures would be very helpful.

Thank you ;D

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Xgecu T48 ISP programming
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 08:03:17 am »
Have you looked in the software? Seriously. In the device tab it will show the pinout and wiring required.

Which device are you trying to program? The ICSP programming is somewhat limited.

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 08:06:09 am »
e.g.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 12:21:24 pm »
asking for help without giving more details ....

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 01:08:23 pm »
Thank you for reply. I'm going to program the atmega324p avr microcontroller with isp method. (vcc, rst, gnd, miso, mosi, sck)

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2023, 11:12:47 pm »
asking for help without giving more details ....
Yep. "I've tried absolutely nothing and I'm all out of ideas...."

Thank you for reply. I'm going to program the atmega324p avr microcontroller with isp method. (vcc, rst, gnd, miso, mosi, sck)

See attached image. P variant is the same.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:16:27 pm by Shonky »

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 04:25:09 am »
Yes, thank you for reply. Then do I need a universal adapter? Or do I need a t48-custom adapter?
t48 custom adapter has 4 pin. I'm not sure about the pin outs and functions.

According to diagram you sent me, Is it not necessary to connect xtal1 and xtal2 in the diagram?

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 04:54:01 am »
You will need a crystal. Those adapters are for some quad flat package type. Is that the package you're using? Whilst the programmer only refers to the DIP version, I'm sure the QFP version will program just fine with the right connections.

Presumably the included 4 wires in the first adapter are for the "blue" ISP pins. You'll still need power, ground and the crystal though.

It's all pretty clear in the diagram included with the software. It's basically impossible to help you when you drip feed info about what you have and what you're trying to do.

Which adapter do you have? The second one is quite clear and all the connections match the software diagram perfectly. Is it specifically for the part you are using?

Or do you have nothing? Do you have a board designed? Why can't you program it on the target board and why are you programming it before soldering it?

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 12:34:51 pm »
You will need a crystal. Those adapters are for some quad flat package type. Is that the package you're using? Whilst the programmer only refers to the DIP version, I'm sure the QFP version will program just fine with the right connections.

Presumably the included 4 wires in the first adapter are for the "blue" ISP pins. You'll still need power, ground and the crystal though.

It's all pretty clear in the diagram included with the software. It's basically impossible to help you when you drip feed info about what you have and what you're trying to do.

Which adapter do you have? The second one is quite clear and all the connections match the software diagram perfectly. Is it specifically for the part you are using?

Or do you have nothing? Do you have a board designed? Why can't you program it on the target board and why are you programming it before soldering it?

The ISP programming method is for atmega324p.
Not long ago, a my multifunction tester called tc1 was measuring the capacitor and unfortunately the I/O part was short.
The replacement of the MCU is essential to fix the broken tester.

I don't have any adapter yet. I'm considering purchasing which one suits me. However, there are some questions.
Does the first 4 pin specific adapter doesn't need VCC and GND connection? Are the remaining pins on the X48 programmer dummy?
The second universal adapter does not seem to be a problem.

My plan was to finish the programming first and then solder it on the pcb.
But according to you, can I understand that it is possible to program it after soldering the pcb?

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 01:26:29 pm »
lucky you you have the programming pins to help,  just need to solder a new mcu and programm it on the pcb

your xegcu programmer has the iscp interface on front  of it ??  just need to do a cable between tihe 2 of them, 

burn the code with the right fuses
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 01:29:04 pm by coromonadalix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf