Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2187554 times)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #1850 on: July 22, 2013, 08:17:14 am »
Would it be possible to change the operating system distro on the Hantek scopes? Maybe install Ubuntu on it?

All neccessary GPL sources has been published, so the answer is "yes/f course", but one question remains, what for?

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1851 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »
there are new GPL sources for all DSO5000P models:

http://www.hantek.com/download/Desktop_5000P.zip

if someone need to all DSO5000P logos (to compile own bootscreen for DSO5000P DSO),
or ATTEN logo (as reported here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-atten-dso-discovered/ )

then download (as long it still works) the old DSO5000P GPL sources as well:

http://www.hantek.com/Product/5000P/DSO5000P.zip
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline gmtii

« Reply #1852 on: July 24, 2013, 05:46:18 pm »
Hi,

I get error 0xFE...  I can save waveforms so usb drive seems ok.

I put the dso5kp_backuptool.up in root directory.

Thanks.

Backup tool for DSO5000P models

How to use it (backup):

Unzip the attached file, go to Backup_P_models and copy the dso5kp_backuptool.up to empty usb flash drive.
Insert it into your DSO and run "firmware update" from DSOs "Utility Menu".
This will create a folder on your USB Flash drive containing all MTD partition dumps.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1853 on: July 24, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »
I get error 0xFE...  I can save waveforms so usb drive seems ok.

i have no issues, see picture.

others reported previously 0xFE on not properly formated flash drive (need fat32) or when file name was not starting with what it should be, in case of DSO5000P series that's dso5kp*****.up

However, i know one very early DSO5000P firmware (3.00.0_130222.0) which is using different password and different naming convention for update file (and actually is not possible to get that firmware installed, unless manually copied).

What is your current fw version / DSO model?

EDIT: it seem that 3.00.2_130412.1 is affected as well by the firmware update nameing/password bug.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:58:00 pm by tinhead »

Offline gmtii

« Reply #1854 on: July 25, 2013, 08:46:16 pm »

Hi

This is my fw version.

Thanks

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1855 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »
check PM

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1856 on: July 26, 2013, 12:11:00 am »
if someone else have as well one of the very early DSO5000P models, you might have firmware with stupid update file naming/passwird bug. Here a list of know firmware versions:

3.00.0_130222.0 - this version looks during update for dst1kb*.up file encrypted with dso5000c password
3.00.2_130412.1 - this version looks during update for dso5kc*.up file encrypted with dso5000c password
3.01.0_130417.0 - first (afaik) good version, looks for dso5kp*.up file encrypted with dso5000p password
3.40.0_130717.0 - latest (version 3.40 after 3.01?), good as well, looks for dso5kp*.up file encrypted with dso5000p password

If someone have one of the affected gears - ask your dealer or Hantek for a fix (they will need your fw version). If you don't want to wait for official fix, you can try following:

- Download the latest firmware, decrypt using that password from above to flash drive
or download this here https://hotfile.com/dl/236019844/b925a8a/latest.zip.html

- use the tool from Peter http://peter.dreisiebner.at/dso-usb-tool/ to get virtual shell

- copy then from flash drive the proper English.lan and dso.exe (but copy it as /dso_update.exe) to your DSO, e.g. :

cp /mnt/udisk/dso.exe /dso_update.exe
chmod 777 /dso_update.exe
sync
cp /mnt/udisk/English.lan /OurLanguages/English.lan
sync

- power cycle the DSO.

It will boot now with the working firmware, you can then use my backup tool for DSO5000P models and finally update again to latest firmware (to get full update and not only the basic files which necessary to be able to run updates/backups).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:16:12 am by tinhead »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1857 on: August 03, 2013, 11:08:34 am »
here we go :)

For all who have one of the early DSO5072P / DSO5102P models with 24ksample memory and :
- getting error 0xFE while updating to latest DSO5000P firmware (as described above).
- getting "FPGA does not match App" error
- wishing to upgrade from 24k to 40k memory depth

Here are two upgrade files:

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/186695/dst1kb_v3.40_update40k.zip
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/186696/dso5kc_v3.40_update40k.zip

Try first dst1kb_v3.40_update40k.up, if the update is not working try the dso5kc_v3.40_update40k.up.

Note: ensure that only one *.up file is on the flash drive while running upgrade.

After successful upgrade your DSO will be fully compatible with latest DSO5000P models, so you will have the same memory depth and you will be able to use the DSO5000P frmware from Hantek website. Note: both files are coming directly from Hantek, i've tested them as well and so far no problems.

Offline deskwizard

« Reply #1858 on: August 04, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »
Good morning,

I recently got one of those DSOs (5072P) and noticed the software download is down on the english side of the Hantek website. FYI the file is still present on the chinese side, and the software is also in english.

If you don't feel like bothering...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tnod453rdrl9orl/DSO5000P%E8%BD%AF%E4%BB%B6.rar

I am having issues with the firmware update on my unit, I will investigate, as I tried the files in the previous post to no avail.

Thanks,
DW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1859 on: August 07, 2013, 10:19:07 am »
I recently got one of those DSOs (5072P) and noticed the software download is down on the english side of the Hantek website.

yeah, as broken, it does works again

http://www.hantek.com/Product/5000P/DSO5000P_Software.zip

all the other errors on the new webiste has been fixed as well, so GPL/firmware/etc. all are available (it available) to download.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1860 on: August 20, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »
this is crap, someone just bought latest MSO5202D model from Hantek and installed latest firmware from Hantek website. However, the firmware on the website is for MSO based on the S3C2440 SoC, be he have already the latest fresh unit with S3C2416 Soc ... and of course the MSO is now bricked !!!

So be carefull, when your S/N is higher than 15000, do not update any firmware updates, not B/BM/BMV models and not on MSOs.
For P models you can of course use firmware for P models, no problem, on the website they have already own section.
But everythign else, meaning every other available firmware, is only for hardware based on S3C2440 - when you install it on your brand new hardware (with S/N > 15000) you will brick your DSO/MSO as well !

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1861 on: August 25, 2013, 12:25:12 am »
I just joined the group :) I have a hantek dso5072p on the way from china, $269.50 + $10 for TNT express shipping.

we shall see what version and stuff this is.

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1862 on: August 27, 2013, 12:23:44 am »
btw tinhead, what do you know about the 5072p, what does the p mean?

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #1863 on: August 27, 2013, 02:17:10 am »

It's the model without long memory I believe. Only 40k.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1864 on: August 27, 2013, 11:50:34 am »

It's the model without long memory I believe. Only 40k.
oh well.. I'm hoping its still hackable :)

Offline gmtii

« Reply #1865 on: August 27, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »
yes, it is. Updated mine to 40k by new fw and 200 mhz bw just renaming a file (see first post) ... thanks to tinhead for his great work ;D

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1866 on: August 27, 2013, 02:14:14 pm »
yes, it is. Updated mine to 40k by new fw and 200 mhz bw just renaming a file (see first post) ... thanks to tinhead for his great work ;D

so is $280 including dhl express shipping a good price for this? and has anyone ever gotten the LA addon for a 5072 scope? any photos of the insides of a 5072p?

Offline int21h

« Reply #1867 on: August 27, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »
this is crap, someone just bought latest MSO5202D model from Hantek and installed latest firmware from Hantek website. ... and of course the MSO is now bricked !!!
I just did this to an MSO5102D.  It's on it's way back to China.  Not happy  >:(

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1868 on: August 27, 2013, 08:16:43 pm »
this is crap, someone just bought latest MSO5202D model from Hantek and installed latest firmware from Hantek website. ... and of course the MSO is now bricked !!!
I just did this to an MSO5102D.  It's on it's way back to China.  Not happy  >:(

... and i got solution from Hantek. In principle all you needed is set of files which were repalced as you installed the wrong firmware.

For you maybe (well, let's hope this was the first and last time you picked up "wrong" firmware) not anymore important, but in case someone else need to restore latest MSO model (note - with S/N > 15000 and fw 3.x installed) then

- download this archive:

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/189050/system.zip

- unzip it to usb flash drive
- connect MSO UART port to PC (over 3.3V UART <-> USB adapter), here the pinout

- boot MSO, run on PC your fav. terminal app (115200, 8n1)
- enter the MSO shell, kill the watchdog by executing "killall dsod" (the best, do it multiple times, we don't need it now!)
- insert usb flash drive into MSOs front USB port
- copy/run following on MSO

Code: [Select]
cp /mnt/udisk/dso/app/dsod /dso/app/dsod
cp /mnt/udisk/dso/drivers/tq2416_backlight.ko /dso/drivers/tq2416_backlight.ko
cp /mnt/udisk/etc/init.d/rcS /etc/init.d/rcS
cp /mnt/udisk/OurLanguages/English.lan /OurLanguages/English.lan
cp /mnt/udisk/dso_bin /dso_bin

chmod 777 /dso/app/dsod
chmod 777 /dso_bin
chmod 777 /etc/init.d/rcS

sync
sync

rm /dso.exe

- test the firmware!, go back to / (cd / ), and execute /dso_bin

If everything works, you can power off MSO and disconnect the UART from PC.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:18:20 pm by tinhead »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1869 on: August 27, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »
so is $280 including dhl express shipping a good price for this?
it is probably the best you can get Sure, 40k are not 1M, but honestly most things can be done with 2.5k^^

and has anyone ever gotten the LA addon for a 5072 scope?

that will not work, there is small i/o header, but the LA can't be attached (or at least not the current LA version)

any photos of the insides of a 5072p?

see attached.

The trigger section seems to be the same, frontend has been updated (LMH6552 repalced by THS4504),
SoC as already known S3C2416, lan ic/magnetics can be now populated on main pcb (already tested by the
guy who shot these pictures), SD card can be used as well.

UART port in exact the same location as on MSO (see posting above, btw, you can see there as well the extra LA PCB
with its i/o connector on right side - and exact this connector didn't exist on "P" models).

Offline int21h

« Reply #1870 on: August 28, 2013, 03:50:14 pm »
... and i got solution from Hantek. In principle all you needed is set of files which were repalced as you installed the wrong firmware.
Thanks for the info.  I really wish that Hantek would've provided this to me when I emailed their support staff.

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1871 on: August 28, 2013, 10:29:13 pm »
my hantek arrived today, far sooner than I expected for $10 express shipping :) I'm very happy :)

Heres the info on my scope..

Model: DSO5072P (havent done the mod yet just powered it on)
SW version: 3.02.0(130509.0)
hw version: 10000xffff8103
serial number T 1G/0350xxxxx

any thing you want me to do tinhead?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1872 on: August 28, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »
my hantek arrived today, far sooner than I expected for $10 express shipping :) I'm very happy :)

so make a backup, just in case.

my post above, on the frontend.jpg, there are two transistors together - first is marked 6K, second 3EM. Tell me if your DSO is still having this combination.

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1873 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »

so make a backup, just in case.

my post above, on the frontend.jpg, there are two transistors together - first is marked 6K, second 3EM. Tell me if your DSO is still having this combination.

yup. making a backup now.. waiting for it to finish, how long does it usually take to finish? I know its still working as the flashdrive led is blinking.

I'll open it up after its done making a backup

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1874 on: August 29, 2013, 12:20:30 am »
wow. this thing is still backing up.. been going for at least a hour now..
is this normal or is there something wrong? I dont want to turn it off unless you say its okay.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf