Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2189732 times)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2011, 01:08:34 pm »
Hello Guys,
We are Hantek 'a agent in France and we can deliver many DSO5102B as our stock is large enough.
Please visit our website: http://elec3i.com
Hope to deal with you soon. ;)

Best regards,
Pascal

yeah, i know your website. Btw, what is TTC price ? Is it with TVA or without ?
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
    • Elec3i Instrumentation et automatisme
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:14 pm »
Selamat Salam Shafri  :o
In fact, I have some friends in Singapour, malay language, they tought me some language tips.
Fortunately, we most of time talk english 8)
TTC means tax included. we use to deliver inside Europe. For Asia, perhaps we can dropship from Hantek. I will inquire this possibility from them.  Dou ke yi !

Regards,
Pascal

Offline flyer1059

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2011, 10:17:48 pm »
Thank you Tinhead and others for a very informative post...

I got my Hantek DSO5102B last week. It was shipped with 2.06.2 software. I haven't hacked it or upgraded it in any way. I have noticed two software bugs in its operation. Is anyone else seeing them too?

1. Using cursors with 2 channels with different volts/div. Triggering is off channel 2. Voltage cursors are on channel 1 - but the scope displays cursor readings using volts/div for channel 1. I am definitely selecting cursors to be sourced by channel 1.

2. Observe a signal on channel 1 and setup triggering using a suitable level and timebase. While observing the waveform press "SINGLE SEQ". The waveform is captured. Change the timebase to another setting. Press "SINGLE SEQ" again. The waveform is captured but at the OLD timebase setting, even though the scope is displaying the NEW timebase on the screen. The workaround is to change the timebase only while the scope is in the RUN mode i.e. the "RUN STOP" button is green.

Apologies if this has been answered already. Can the Hantek DSO5102B standard software be upgraded with Tekway DSO1102B files. Also can either Hantek or Tekway TTscope software be used with my scope?

Offline Scrts

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2011, 11:09:09 pm »
Hello Guys,
We are Hantek 'a agent in France and we can deliver many DSO5102B as our stock is large enough.
Please visit our website: http://elec3i.com
Hope to deal with you soon. ;)

Best regards,
Pascal

Are there possible discounts for students? I've managed to get a discount @ German Pinsonne electronics to the same price(shipping included) as Yours for DSO5062B. If it is possible to have a discount @ Your company, I will cancel my order there and buy Yours :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2011, 01:18:48 am »
Are there possible discounts for students? I've managed to get a discount @ German Pinsonne electronics to the same price(shipping included) as Yours for DSO5062B. If it is possible to have a discount @ Your company, I will cancel my order there and buy Yours :)

lol, "sparen?"

Be careful, the "Elec3i" price includes TVA (19.5%) which is like MwSt in Germany (19%),
if you have no EU VAT number you will pay evt. twice the VAT (TVA and MwSt).

- no TVA/VAT

The "Elec3i" price is ok...
no, is same as everywhere else.

DSO5102 costs 589 EUR, plus for Germany 19% VAT so we have 700,91EUR which is equal to what e.g. pinsonne
sells (695EUR).

If Elec3i price would be with french VAT it would be of course very good offer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:33:06 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2011, 11:15:06 am »
Please, let me give you a little explanation: :-\
For everybody into Europe, our price si the same TTC or VAT (This means VAT=0.00 EUR !), because for now, we are not charged by VAT taxes because of the taxes policies in France according to our turnover. At the same time, no added taxes for European countries (Germany, UK, Brlgium, Spain, Italy, etc.)
For countries outside Europe, these countries should add their own custom taxe according to every country custom policy, usually around 20% of "product price + Shipping price + insurance" plus anti-dumping taxes and other fees (depending of the importer fees).
We already paid our importation taxe, as this should be for every imported product inside Europe.
Just I wanted to point out that perhaps we can inquire Hantek (we are somewhat in narrow collaboration with Hantek  because some of our staff comes from the same city where their factory is settled) to possibly dropship to people outside Europe, then this wouldn't charge the custom tax from exportation (From France to elsewhere outside Europe: this one will be requested by the importation country if we deliver outside Europe), just the tax from China to the importation country, and for lucky guys perhaps 0, but don't believe this can be possible too much (many people in France got sad when they order from USA and a while later they were requested to pay 20% custom tax...).
I hope my explanation is not too tricky. For special discount requested price  or any special information, everybody can directly communicate with us : pascal@elec3i.com   ;D
Cheers

• Super Contributor
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2011, 03:23:55 pm »
Pascal,

someone (enduser) in EU have always to pay VAT, so if your price have no french VAT the enduser will have to pay it
in own country. Your price (no-VAT) is typical for B2B, for me as a company owner just perfect (therefore my org. question is TTC=TVA)
 - but the enduser will still to have to pay VAT, everything else is cheating and illegal.

Import TAX is a different story, you as importer have to pay it anyway.

P.S. - normally you can't sell a B2B items to enduser without proper VAT, that's the EU business rules.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:27:55 pm by tinhead »

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2011, 07:11:42 pm »
cuo le mei you ? dui bu qi.... :o
Hao ba ! :-\

VAT is included in the price (Even VAT=0) and european customers won't be charged by VAT in their country. This policy has been confirmed by EUROPA service and french custom.
We are then very competitive on DSO52102B , we accept discount prices here for this forum. Let us say we offer shipping delivery inside Europe and we offer extra 30,00 EUR more in the final price ! I let you do all the operations. I think we can argue and we don try to cheat people anyway. ;D
Cheers
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:47:12 am by pgup62 »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2011, 07:51:35 pm »
cuo le mei you ? dui bu qi.... :o
Hao ba ! :-\
you can translate some of chinese ee sites for us.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2011, 10:30:08 pm »
I think we can argue and we don try to cheat people anyway. ;D

... on the other side, if a enduser is not asking explicit for invoice with VAT, who cares :)

Offline Scrts

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2011, 02:06:35 am »
Well, if VAT is not mentioned in the invoice or it is marked as added already, then who cares in Europe? :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2011, 02:48:11 am »
Well, if VAT is not mentioned in the invoice or it is marked as added already, then who cares in Europe? :)

sure, nobody .. except other distributors (just because of "unlauteren Wettbewerb" - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfair_Commercial_Practices_Directive) and revenue office....

To be very honest, i don't care. If you manage to get it cheaper by cheating the revenue office, then lucky you.

DSO5102B price on elec3i.com is 589EUR, -30EUR for eevblog users is a good total price.
I would say cancel your pins**** order and buy the 100MHz from elec3i.com.

I assume you will anyway hack the device, so it make sense to buy 100MHz model to get better probes (they good up to ~150MHz).

Or buy the DSO5062B and extra 200MHz probes ...

@Pascal

do you have guys any informations when the "C" series (DSO5102C and DSO5062C) will be available?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:02:43 am by tinhead »

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2011, 10:14:48 am »
yes, I will give you this information as soon as possible.
DSO5062C is already on the market (2 x 60MHz, 500MS/s), we will add the product online.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:17:31 pm by pgup62 »

Offline Scrts

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »
DSO5102B price on elec3i.com is 589EUR, -30EUR for eevblog users is a good total price.
I would say cancel your pins**** order and buy the 100MHz from elec3i.com.
Or buy the DSO5062B and extra 200MHz probes ...

Well, seems like it won't be any cheaper from elec3i for DSO5062B :-\ If they would offer at least 499EUR - 30EUR(forum user) + 10EUR shipping = 479EUR I am on the order. Also afaik they support PayPal. Anyway, 200MHz probes will be cheaper than 200MHz/60MHz scope price difference :)

Offline am2pgs

• Contributor
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2011, 08:43:27 pm »
This is just my experience and it could be different for other people:

I bought my DSO5102B from the chinese website Goodluckbuy for ~492 EUR and they shipped via DHL express for free. It arrived here in the UK within 7 days and it was in prefectly new condition (the box had seen better days though).

The customs didn't charge me any taxes in the UK, possibly because the value was written as only $40 on the invoice.

I was not bothered about any warranty issues since I wanted to modify the scope anyway.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »
Well,
I can notice some chinese challengers have illegal practice and I would like people take care of this.
Up to people to accept this, even the idea to get no warranty and so on is an exciting idea.
As a serious company, we deliver legal invoice (our VAT=0, according to french law, is written on it !) with device serial number and we have maintenance parts (main boards, LCD screens, power unit boards, etc). We are ingaged for a 2 years warranty.
We are more than a B2B service, we can develop sofware and translate user's manuals as well. I hope these chinese companies can give you a better service than ours, just I seriously doubt about it. After, sometimes you cannot be sure to receive your parcel, and you can claim what you like, I feel sure you will never be granted for your device. We have contract with HANTEK, and our stock is already in France.
I let people think about risks carefully...

Offline flyer1059

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2011, 10:09:17 pm »
Hi tinhead

Can you please have a look at my reply #133 and comment.

Regards, flyer1059

• Super Contributor
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »
1. Using cursors with 2 channels with different volts/div. Triggering is off channel 2. Voltage cursors are on channel 1 - but the scope displays cursor readings using volts/div for channel 1. I am definitely selecting cursors to be sourced by channel 1.

i think you mean "but the scope is displaying cursor reading using volt/div from ch2 (and not ch1)

No, on my 2 DSOs no such errors. If i switch in coursor source menu between channels the proper value will be displayed.

2. Observe a signal on channel 1 and setup triggering using a suitable level and timebase. While observing the waveform press "SINGLE SEQ". The waveform is captured. Change the timebase to another setting. Press "SINGLE SEQ" again. The waveform is captured but at the OLD timebase setting, even though the scope is displaying the NEW timebase on the screen. The workaround is to change the timebase only while the scope is in the RUN mode i.e. the "RUN STOP" button is green.

yes, this is known bug (new since 2.6.x), i did notified Hantek/Tekway about it already.
As a work around you have to select always first "run", change time base, and then use single seq.
Especially if long memory is specified this bug really sucks, but the work around works (so let's hipe next fw will fix it).

Apologies if this has been answered already. Can the Hantek DSO5102B standard software be upgraded with Tekway DSO1102B files. Also can either Hantek or Tekway TTscope software be used with my scope?

you mean the PC software ? The Hantek software works with Tekway and Hantek DSOs, the Tekway only with Tekway :)
This is because of additional DSO names added into some dll files and ini files (look into ttscop\config dir)

Offline Scrts

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2011, 11:30:17 pm »
This is just my experience and it could be different for other people:

I bought my DSO5102B from the chinese website Goodluckbuy for ~492 EUR and they shipped via DHL express for free. It arrived here in the UK within 7 days and it was in prefectly new condition (the box had seen better days though).

Seems like there are no information about warranty, so maybe goodluckbuy doesn't offer any.

I let people think about risks carefully...

Do You offer service for devices that wasn't bought at Your store?

Offline sliverstorm

« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2011, 05:33:57 am »
Hmm, I have run into a stumbling block. I have tried to update my 'scope (a Hantek DS5102B) with the files provided in do_Hantek_DSO5202B.zip, and I get:

Software upgrade failed, error 0xf7
Illegal upgrade files detected!

System Status tells me:

model: DSO5102B
soft version: 2.06.2 (101108.0)
hard version: 0x555583e8
serial number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
boot count: 4
upgrade log: 2

Haven't got a JTAG programmer handy, so I'm hoping the USB upgrade method will work.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:44 am »
Hmm, I have run into a stumbling block. I have tried to update my 'scope (a Hantek DS5102B) with the files provided in do_Hantek_DSO5202B.zip, and I get:

Software upgrade failed, error 0xf7
Illegal upgrade files detected!

Haven't got a JTAG programmer handy, so I'm hoping the USB upgrade method will work.

yes, i said it already here that Hantek did changed fw on new stock models :

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1571.msg29262#msg29262

JTAG is usefull for fw backup, only to hack the device use UART.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »
Dear Scrts,
Of course not, no service for people who buy outside our shop, because warranty is relative to a device serial number. Another thing too, we cannot garantee devices which were illegaly upgraded (hacked) and I don't know any which will accept this... ;)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »
@Scrts

you have 3 years Hantek warranty for DSO and 1 year for probes (however you have to pay shippment
costs which is why distibutor price is higher than china mainland price)
 - of course until you modify anything on hardware or software side (like 200MHz hack).

Exceptions:
- official beta firmware
- certified addons (like ethernet board which can be installed by enduser)
- modification done by Hantek Maintenace Center

From "Goodluckbuy" you will get no addidtional warranty, only the manufacturer warranty mentioned in above
which is probably enough for all ppl whio will anyway modify the DSO.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:13:13 pm by tinhead »

Offline Scrts

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2011, 01:08:10 am »
Dear Scrts,
Of course not, no service for people who buy outside our shop, because warranty is relative to a device serial number. Another thing too, we cannot garantee devices which were illegaly upgraded (hacked) and I don't know any which will accept this... ;)

Well, I fully understand Your company :) Just thought You could do some services for money. Lets say got hacked scope, ask 400USD for motherboard exchange and make business :)

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2011, 10:02:44 am »
@scrts,
Yes, we can probably do this, I will confirm later. ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf