Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2189943 times)

Offline payty

Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #3100 on: March 14, 2021, 07:26:30 pm »
It would be 173 GBP (including shipping and customs fee)

Just for the oscilloscope, price is 118 GBP (with the 50% refund)

I have some electronics knowledge but I am no expert.

Offline Blindelinx

« Reply #3101 on: March 14, 2021, 07:56:21 pm »
Personally I think that’s quite much. How much would you pay for a new one? Where I live it would be about €400,-. The transport is what’s making it a high price.

If you decide to buy it. I’d like to help you fix it. Keep me posted if you buy it. DM me for a step by step guide . Btw; ever worked with serial communication through RX & TX?

Online Microcheap

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3102 on: March 14, 2021, 11:58:37 pm »
Just send an email to Hantek, they will reply to you with a file to restore the partition (using the F3 option).

I saw the same problem many times with the DSO4000 and DSO4004 series.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:03:39 am by Microcheap »

Offline payty

« Reply #3103 on: March 17, 2021, 02:32:34 am »
I've sent them two emails but no answer so far.

Online Microcheap

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3104 on: March 17, 2021, 03:06:19 am »
To which email are you sending the message?

You can also try their official support forum. There's already a thread about the same issue: https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15164&extra=

but sometimes I find it is easier to open a new one, I think the moderators do not check the older threads and new requests go unanswered.

Offline payty

« Reply #3105 on: March 17, 2021, 05:26:16 am »
service@hantek.com

But I will also try the forum.

Online Microcheap

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3106 on: March 17, 2021, 06:17:55 am »
You can try this: wangshuang@hantek.com or this: caiyijun@hantek.com

Offline payty

« Reply #3107 on: March 19, 2021, 11:20:36 am »
So far no answers on hantek forum and any of the emails. Probably they do not have a solution because there is another thread there about the DSO5102 and the answers there are pretty quick.

I am waiting for the oscilloscope to arrive from the UK and see what I can do next.

Just hope I do not end up with a bricked device.

Offline frank_d

« Reply #3108 on: March 20, 2021, 09:40:43 am »
Hello, I'm new on this forum and went through this long thread (days of reading) since I've a problem with my DSO-1062D from Voltcraft. As many others on this forum, I did a firmware update (downloaded the files on http://voltcraftdownload.info/Default.aspx?modelno=DSO-1062D), after that my scope was stuck. Unlikely I haven't done the backup before the firmware update :palm:.
After so much reading and following some suggested recovery procedure on this thread, that's the situation: on teraterm (ttl to usb adapter connected and working well) I have this message:

System Volume Information        tekwayup_client
dso5kb_func_dso5062b20180226.up
ls: /mnt/udisk/system*.up: No such file or directory

and the display says "Please insert the USB device with update files which can be obtained from the supplier"
Please, can anyone help me?

Offline robots

• Contributor
« Reply #3109 on: March 21, 2021, 05:24:33 pm »
Did anyone experience self cal error x503 after front-end parts "replacement" according to "tatus1969" ?

Offline herczegzsolt

« Reply #3110 on: March 25, 2021, 01:08:29 am »
Anybody has old firmwares for Hantek DSO5202B (or any DSO5000B series)?

I've updated to the latest firmware from hantek.com and it bricked my scope. Seems like the latest update package has some files missing which were introduced in an in-between version. (My error is /dso.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libgstreamer-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Unfortunately Hantek does not keep old versions on their website. If anybody has an older update which happens to have the libgstreamer files I may be able to unbrick my scope with them.

Offline frank_d

« Reply #3111 on: April 17, 2021, 06:27:00 pm »
Hello, I'm new on this forum and went through this long thread (days of reading) since I've a problem with my DSO-1062D from Voltcraft. As many others on this forum, I did a firmware update (downloaded the files on http://voltcraftdownload.info/Default.aspx?modelno=DSO-1062D), after that my scope was stuck. Unlikely I haven't done the backup before the firmware update :palm:.
After so much reading and following some suggested recovery procedure on this thread, that's the situation: on teraterm (ttl to usb adapter connected and working well) I have this message:

and the display says "Please insert the USB device with update files which can be obtained from the supplier"

Hello, I'm continously cehcking for a replay since a month  :'( .
Is there anyone who can kindly help me ? My oscilloscope is completely stuck and need it in my own lab.
It might be very appreciated if anyone could share the original firmware files for the DSO-1062D or give me some advice.
Thanks

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3112 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:57 am »
EDIT: replied twice, please see my answer below

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:12:15 pm by tatel »

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3113 on: April 20, 2021, 12:01:12 pm »

Hello, I'm continously cehcking for a replay since a month  :'( .
Is there anyone who can kindly help me ? My oscilloscope is completely stuck and need it in my own lab.
It might be very appreciated if anyone could share the original firmware files for the DSO-1062D or give me some advice.
Thanks

This quite probably means you are too lazy to do a search and smart enough to try to get others working for you.

All I will say is: solution for your problem is just *one* page away... or one forum search away.

EDIT 1: My bad, at the top of this very same page you can see how Blindelinx was able to get good firmware from Hantek for his Volcraft 'scope. Hantek, Volcraft, Tekway... all is the same hardware, sold under different brand and model names.

Your 'scope is saying you that it can't find the USB with the firmware update and asking you "please insert a USB with the firmware update". It doesn't look as if you cared about what your scope is saying. Try to put a USB stick with good firmware in your 'scope. Are you sure you did read the entire thread? I find it very difficult to believe... No wonder nobody replied to you.

Anybody has old firmwares for Hantek DSO5202B (or any DSO5000B series)?

I've updated to the latest firmware from hantek.com and it bricked my scope. Seems like the latest update package has some files missing which were introduced in an in-between version. (My error is /dso.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libgstreamer-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Unfortunately Hantek does not keep old versions on their website. If anybody has an older update which happens to have the libgstreamer files I may be able to unbrick my scope with them.

Just the same problem that Blindelinx got. Did you read the entire thread, too? At the very least Blindelinx was able to get what you seem unable to find just some days after. Again, no wonder nobody replied to you...

EDIT 2: rogue quotes
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:15:54 pm by tatel »

Offline aandrew

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3114 on: April 20, 2021, 01:27:49 pm »
Still hoping to resurrect this long-running thread - does anyone have a memory map of what I/O is connected to which scope function, the FPGA logic analyzer board connector pinout, etc.? It'd be lovely to replace the closed-source GUI software with something better, particularly since these MSO507x series scopes are no longer in production or supported.

Offline Fenstergucker

• Contributor
    • Private Website
« Reply #3115 on: April 21, 2021, 05:37:33 am »
the FPGA logic analyzer board connector pinout, etc.?

In the german mikrocontroller.net forum you can find schematics, also for the LA board:
https://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/Tekway_MSO#Downloads

In the first post in this thread, you will also find a 1drive link from tinhead with more files.

Peter

Offline frank_d

« Reply #3116 on: April 25, 2021, 06:11:38 pm »
Hello Tatel, I'm sorry I gave the impression to be lazy. The truth is that I'm not good at english writing and just tried to write as little as possible and went straight to what I supposed could be the solution to my situation. Here is all the story: after intalling the Voltcraft update, the scope was stuck and after a restart it was just showing a black screen and emitting a continous sound from the inner buzzer. Going through this thread (belive me, I read all of it) I aquired tons of useful information and was able to find the uart port on the pcb (thanks to pictures and schematics), connect the scope to my PC and I discovered that many scopes has the same hardware with different names. I got the Blindelinx experience and after serching the Hantek equivalent model I got the firmware from Hantek web site. After installing the new firmware (via uart) I went to the situation I wrote in my post. Any oder attempt failed. At this point, I tried to ask for the original Voltcrat files beliving it could be the only way to resuscitate the scope.
Anyway, I'm going to send the scope to the local Voltcraft dialer for a software repair tomorrow.
Bye
Francesco

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3117 on: April 26, 2021, 06:07:41 am »

The system can't find any file called system(anything).up in the /mnt/udisk directory.

/mnt/udisk seems to be the directory where your system expects to find firmware upgrade files. When you put your USB stick on the scope, the contents of the USB stick should appear in that directory.

It doesn't find any file callled "system(probably a number or reference).up", which would be the firmware update. * is a wildcard that means "anything".

So probably your USB stick doesn't have any FW update file. It could be that the system doesn't take your USB but I think you would get a mount error should that be the case. Having the complete output from teraterm/putty would help. Maybe your USB stick is too big (>4 GB) or is not FAT32 formatted. But I think probably that firmware upgrade file just is not there.

Using teraterm/putty you could give this command

ls /mnt/udisk

This should return a list with the files/directories under /mnt/udisk. Maybe your system*.up file is under a directory or still compressed or...
I don't know what. It should be on the first level of your USB stick

I think you probably don't have any linux experience and screwed some command or some procedure step. Please follow the instructions found in this post:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/voltcraft-dso-1102d/msg2036896/#msg2036896

These are the instructions that Blindelinx followed. He also claimed not having any linux experience. Please note that these instructions, as Blindelinx said, seem to be using a not-so-good firmware update file. You have to use the original firmware from Hantek instead as he did. Probably having that original firmware update systemXXXXXX.up in the first level of a good USB stick is all that is needed.

Please note that if you screw some command and give instead a command that will delete, say, anything, linux will not ask "Are you sure?" before executing that screwed up command. So be careful, and, if not sure you can do it, please go to the dealer.

If your system is able to return a "file not found" error it means that Linux is running so you'll have a functional oscilloscope as soon as a good firmware update is loaded into it.

Good luck

Offline sim_v

« Reply #3118 on: April 26, 2021, 01:34:29 pm »
Deep review of DSO5202p by a french guy (Cyrob)

I hope the youtube translator make a good job.Measures start at 14 minutes 14 seconds

Offline Jelmer9888

« Reply #3119 on: May 11, 2021, 03:07:20 pm »
I tried to restore my DSO5102P to default values, but it seems my backups were wrong to begin with.
There is some serious outdated information in this topic, that's a bummer.

I also have 4 backup NAND partitions, I should have had 8 partitions. Sizes are boot 1024, kernel 2048, logo 512 and root 512 KB.

So I did a restore of all partitions (because my serial nr was suddenly gone) in the process.

the scope seems to be working fine, but my question is, can I have demolished something hidden what I don't see right now?
In the end my scope is now showing all the correct data again, serial no. and it shows it is a DSO5202P and it is calibrating.

But I don't trust my own restore action with a way to small root partition I did somewhere in the proces.

Btw, it is showing a "*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment" booting up, don't know if that was there before.

Offline atoll

« Reply #3120 on: June 02, 2021, 07:27:51 am »
Hi!  I need Nand flash for DSO-5102B for JTAG. Boot only recovery.
sw 3.30.0 (140902.0)
hw 1010x 5555830F
s/w T1G/012 01xxx

mail to atoll(@)tut.by
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:12:53 am by atoll »

Offline Ruslnsv

« Reply #3121 on: June 08, 2021, 11:49:40 am »
Dear freands, could you zip the backup (mtd0,1,2,3 or dump for jtag) for DSO5102B and upload somewhere or e-mail? When updating to a new firmware dso5kb_funcdso5102b20190830.up, the boot logo hangs. Rear USB does not work, I want to flash DUMP via JTAG. My DSO5102B sw 3.33.0(140902.0)hw version 1010/5555830F. Thanks.

Offline soesante

« Reply #3122 on: August 13, 2021, 03:37:12 pm »
Hi friends,
I screw up my DSO5072P with my screw driver and destroy one of the smd caps.
Can someone help me to identify the value of this SMD caps shown in the pic below..

Thanks.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3123 on: November 02, 2021, 02:07:18 pm »
Hello,
a friend got a defective Voltcraft MSO 5062B with a series number less than 15000 that some gorilla tried to update anyways with the firmware from Voltcraft, where they have warnings allover to NOT do this to scopes with S/N less than 15000 or else it you'll get a brick stuck in a bootloop. And guess what, the gorilla did it anyway, then soldered with his Opa's Lötkolben some wires and screwed stuff even more in the console :(, now the Linux boots OK, the partitions are seen correctly but there is a mess in the filesystem, the rootfs has all the crap dumped there and of course the famous rename for 200MHz. Then he dumped it on  >:Dbay and it ended in my arms.

Naturally nothing works, some scripts and and kernel modules are missing and the watchdog reboots the device every 30sec (the watchdog feeder binary is also gone  |O  ). I've managed to calm the watchdog with a script in background to feed it every 28 seconds but then there is not much to be done in the Linux console there, a USB stick inserted in the front socket is not recognized as a mass storage device but only as an USB device.

There is also the U-Boot menu available, but I have no clue how it works and also I was not able to find a suitable firmware for such low serial number scopes.

My little request/bitte is if someone has a compatible firmware for this old model and how can be that firmware installed, either from the u-Boot menu or from Linux console.

Many thanks,
 DC1MC

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3124 on: November 02, 2021, 02:34:54 pm »
My little request/bitte is if someone has a compatible firmware for this old model and how can be that firmware installed, either from the u-Boot menu or from Linux console.

Your best bet is for someone to do a dump from UBoot and handed it over to you to do a flash.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf