Products > Test Equipment

Handheld meter robustness testing

<< < (869/870) > >>

Fungus:

--- Quote from: joeqsmith on October 17, 2021, 03:15:12 pm ---I would have no reason to plug the leads into the UT210E.

There's not much room on the inside. I would imagine it would do about as well as the other 13 UNI-T products I have looked at. 

--- End quote ---

This page has photos of the insides. Everything is very close together and there's still no surge resistor on the input.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/DMMUNI-TUT210E%20UK.html

It only claims CAT III 300V, CAT II 600V which is a very low standard. I guess it might meet those numbers.

--- Quote from: Neutrion on October 17, 2021, 11:33:13 am ---the protection seems to be reasonable, at least compared with other Uni-t's.

--- End quote ---

If you're confident in the protection you can do a grill starter test at home. Grill starters are cheap and easy to find.

joeqsmith:

--- Quote from: Fungus on October 17, 2021, 06:59:21 pm ---....
Grill starters are cheap and easy to find.

--- End quote ---

But not all the same!!

Fungus:
Maybe one of those electric fly swatters would be a good test, too.  :)

joeqsmith:
Or just leave the probes out of it.  Of course, the switch will still fail.

floobydust:
I don't like the UT61E+ LCD conking out with the BBQ lighter hits. I'd say it's got an EMC issue or the clamp-transistors have too high an avalanche voltage, usually around 7V some parts are even 12-25V. And what good are they anyhow if the IC is running off 3.6V, it's still getting nailed.

It would be interesting to compare the current of the BBQ lighter to 61000-4-2 ESD models, like the 150pF/330Ω  or 1,000pF hits.
Is the metal box (blast shield) earth grounded? I thought stray capacitance with the multimeter's foil shield could lessen the spike. Uni-T has no shield on the front side?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version