Products > Test Equipment

Help a beginner to choose an oscilloscope from the limited brands amount!

(1/8) > >>

IRG7PSH73K10:
Hi!
A question from DSO beginner, if you don't mind.
I'm choosing a <1000$ scope for DIY power electronics and simplest AVR projects. That's involve up to 16 MHz square signals and some edgy MOSFETs di\dt (up to 50 nsec and less).
The models I consider worthy and which I have the access to:

Rigol
- DS1054 (406$), customs-free, yet not sure if 0,25 Gs\sec. is enough for my FET's observing purposes with 3+ channels active.
- MSO 5074 (894$), customs-free, but the ammount of glitches frustrates me. Also, not quite sure is it still hackable, or the recent units became hack-proof?

Siglent
- SDS1074X-E (777$), could be a no-brainer, but for some reason there is >75% chance my local customs will reject it, leaving me with no scope, and maybe even with no money either :(

Micsig
- STO1104C (757$), customs-free, looks nice, but besides of it's price, there is a screen glitch if testing HV stuff, which is a huge flaw for me.

Tektronix
- TBS1072C (804$), customs-free, but... 20k memory. Nuff said.  :-\

And a bottom of R&S:
- RTC1002 (1473$), customs-free, but that's just only 2 channels and 100 MHz for x1.5 of my max. budget :(

All prices are including taxes and delivery.

WWJD in my situation?

Thank you in advance for your help and patience, friends!

tautech:
Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered the SDS1104X-U ?
https://www.siglenteu.com/digital-oscilloscopes/sds1000x-u/

IRG7PSH73K10:

--- Quote from: tautech on April 19, 2022, 10:34:27 pm ---Have you considered the SDS1104X-U ?

--- End quote ---

Yup, but as I mentioned above, any Siglent involves a customs controll, which I really need to avoid. They are awesome scopes, but for a logistics reasons it's too risky to buy em for me. :'(

tautech:

--- Quote from: IRG7PSH73K10 on April 19, 2022, 10:41:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: tautech on April 19, 2022, 10:34:27 pm ---Have you considered the SDS1104X-U ?

--- End quote ---

Yup, but as I mentioned above, any Siglent involves a customs controll, which I really need to avoid. They are awesome scopes, but for a logistics reasons it's too risky to buy em for me. :'(

--- End quote ---
OK in USSR they are available as AKIP rebrands, what choices do you have for local supply ?

free_electron:
power electronics ? mosfet gates ? get a machine with ISOLATED channels !

Tek TPS2024B  or THS3000
Micsig MS320IT
Hantek DSO1152S or 6074BE
Fluke scopemeters
AEMC OX7104

That, or be prepared to get a few isolation or differential probes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version