Poll

How to remove ARMED mode from the Trigger?

2 (50%)
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Help me remove ARMED mode from my UNI-T UPO2102E oscilloscope  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Andrew-XZRTopic starter

Help me remove ARMED mode from my UNI-T UPO2102E oscilloscope
« on: September 24, 2023, 10:10:02 pm »
<My English is very bad so I used a translator>
A while ago I bought the oscilloscope, I tested it and calibrated the tips, shortly after I had a traffic accident where I broke my leg so I couldn't use it, when I wanted to use it the oscilloscope didn't graph anything so I started trying so many things. I don't even know anymore... I asked for help on Facebook where they recommended things to try but nothing seemed to work, I traveled 200km to take it to where I bought it but the warranty was expired and I paid for the repair, when they gave it to me it worked they told me no You restarted it from the factory, they only updated the firmware, I asked them but they refused, I saved it and went to university so it was stored for about 6 months, when I want to turn it on to measure a source before starting, it didn't graph anything again .
Note that in the photos I sent to the Facebook group in the upper left corner it says ARMED instead of TRIGERED (what it said when it was working correctly)... I suspect it is a trigger or firmware problem and unfortunately the manufacturer in its page does not provide me with the firmware..
Honestly I feel very frustrated since I lost the warranty and I can't return it or exchange it for another one... I don't even know it working
As it is now, if I put it to trigger the auto trigger, it freezes and doesn't react...
Please, I would like suggestions on what to try or if anyone has the same or similar one, can you guide me on how to get ARMED mode out?
I read the manual and it doesn't say anything on the subject, in the manual of another oscilloscope it says "The Oscilloscope is acquiring pre-trigger
data. All triggers are ignored" which is what is happening to me.
Thank you very much in advance for reading

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
Re: Help me remove ARMED mode from my UNI-T UPO2102E oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 10:13:01 pm »
What timebase setting are you at?  If you can, please post a good photo of the entire front of the scope as it is operating.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew-XZR

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 10:14:28 pm »
<My English is very bad so I used a translator>
A while ago I bought the oscilloscope, I tested it and calibrated the tips, shortly after I had a traffic accident where I broke my leg so I couldn't use it, when I wanted to use it the oscilloscope didn't graph anything so I started trying so many things. I don't even know anymore... I asked for help on Facebook where they recommended things to try but nothing seemed to work, I traveled 200km to take it to where I bought it but the warranty was expired and I paid for the repair, when they gave it to me it worked they told me no You restarted it from the factory, they only updated the firmware, I asked them but they refused, I saved it and went to university so it was stored for about 6 months, when I want to turn it on to measure a source before starting, it didn't graph anything again .
Note that in the photos I sent to the Facebook group in the upper left corner it says ARMED instead of TRIGERED (what it said when it was working correctly)... I suspect it is a trigger or firmware problem and unfortunately the manufacturer in its page does not provide me with the firmware..
Honestly I feel very frustrated since I lost the warranty and I can't return it or exchange it for another one... I don't even know it working
As it is now, if I put it to trigger the auto trigger, it freezes and doesn't react...
Please, I would like suggestions on what to try or if anyone has the same or similar one, can you guide me on how to get ARMED mode out?
I read the manual and it doesn't say anything on the subject, in the manual of another oscilloscope it says "The Oscilloscope is acquiring pre-trigger
data. All triggers are ignored" which is what is happening to me.
Thank you very much in advance for reading

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 10:19:37 pm »
What timebase setting are you at?  If you can, please post a good photo of the entire front of the scope as it is operating.
I am very new to the forum, I am still learning how to use it... I managed to upload some forums, for any time it does not graph

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 10:29:07 pm »
Well, it is just waiting for a trigger but not seeing one.  I can't see anything that isn't set up right, but I can't see the screen that clearly--especially the trigger information in the upper right.  There may be some setting that is off, try pressing the DEFAULT button to clear all the settings.  If it doesn't revert to AUTO trigger, try the AUTO trigger button and make sure you actually have a triggerable waveform.  I don't know what the DEFAULT button will set it to, but you need the horizontal timebase to be more like 1ms, not 1µs, if you want to look at the calibrator signal.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 10:55:41 pm »
Well, it is just waiting for a trigger but not seeing one.  I can't see anything that isn't set up right, but I can't see the screen that clearly--especially the trigger information in the upper right.  There may be some setting that is off, try pressing the DEFAULT button to clear all the settings.  If it doesn't revert to AUTO trigger, try the AUTO trigger button and make sure you actually have a triggerable waveform.  I don't know what the DEFAULT button will set it to, but you need the horizontal timebase to be more like 1ms, not 1µs, if you want to look at the calibrator signal.
I already restarted it from the factory for a moment, TRIGERED appears in green in the upper right corner but it remains in ARMED, now it won't let me save a screenshot on the pendrive

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 11:37:07 pm »
What happens if you press the AUTO button?

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 11:42:58 pm »
What happens if you press the AUTO button?
If I press the button it freezes and the oscilloscope no longer responds. I have left it like this for hours and nothing remains unresponsive.

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 11:58:08 pm »
OK, I have to conclude that it is broken.  I'm not familiar with that exact model, hopefully someone else here is an perhaps can help.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 12:06:26 am »
Is it same with Channel 2 as the  Source?
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 12:14:59 am »
OK, I have to conclude that it is broken.  I'm not familiar with that exact model, hopefully someone else here is an perhaps can help.
Thank you very much for helping me... If I believe that it is damaged, the bad thing is that I have practically never been able to use it, even though it is new, I could not claim the warranty because it broke my leg if I did not change it or return it.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 12:17:16 am »
Is it same with Channel 2 as the  Source?
This is also the case with channel 2, exactly the same behavior for both channels, it does not draw anything and if I touch the trigger configuration it stops responding also when I touch the auto button

Offline Josec

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 12:27:17 am »
Why don't remove the pen drive and try again "AUTO".

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 12:34:34 am »
Why don't remove the pen drive and try again "AUTO".
Hello, thank you very much for responding and to all those who write to me... When I press the AUTO button it stops responding until I turn it off and turn it back on... I have left it like this for more than hours and it does not respond

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2023, 07:18:08 am »
"Stops responding" mean that the oscilloscope doesn't react on any controls? Like, you press buttons and nothing happens?

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 03:28:31 pm »
  If it doesn't revert to AUTO trigger, try the AUTO trigger button and make sure you actually have a triggerable waveform.
I believe the AUTO button is not  trigger mode button, it rather sets optimal controls so the current waveform fills the screen amplitude- and timebase-wise. (according to the device user manual). Trigger modes needs to be set through Trigger menu.
If OP, say, connects CH1 input to the calibration terminal and press AUTO, and the scope becomes frozen that means the scope is defective.

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2023, 03:58:57 pm »
Strange. The word "ARMED" is not even in the UPO2000E series manual.
Trigger Status Identification: Include TRIGED, AUTO, READY, STOP, and ROLL

If you're probing the 1kHz compensation signal you should still see the edge in the center of the screen but you're at 1us/div when the period of the signal is 1000us. I'd try setting the timebase to something more reasnoable, like 500us/div.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2023, 04:20:45 pm »
If both input channels were damaged or other type of hardware damage occurred, there would  be no signal into the ADC or input would be out of range, and that may cause trigger circuit confusion and no trace on the screen. But one of the pictures above shows a trace so input circuitry may be oK. Given that using AUTO button freezes the scope, device firmware/memory maybe corrupt.

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2023, 06:01:53 pm »
Sorry I don't know how to use the forum, these are my first times,
That's right, it didn't react to any key pressed... I already managed to repair it, I contacted the manufacturer with the email the university gave me and they responded, they provided me with the firmware, I installed it and it was working again...
Thank you very much to everyone
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 11:31:13 pm by Andrew-XZR »

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2023, 04:46:56 pm »
Glad it was fixed.

Offline Ahmet

• no
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2024, 05:57:59 am »
I'm experiencing the same problem as you, can you share the software of this device with me?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf