Author Topic: SDS1104X-E OS upgrade and no NTP. Help Please.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline ex-egllTopic starter

SDS1104X-E OS upgrade and no NTP. Help Please.
« on: December 20, 2023, 09:24:46 pm »
Hi, first time here with a new SDS1104X-E. Reading through the threads here has been: Interesting, Enlightening, Baffling, Confusing ...... but, after a lot of reading and experimentation I managed to do the BW upgrade without killing anything. I have also installed licence keys for AWG, MSO and WiFi although I don't have the hardware for them yet.

Last on the list (maybe it should have been first) was an upgrade to the firmware and the OS, mainly to get the NTP functionality. I am making the assumption that NTP can run with either WiFi or LAN connections to the Internet?

My original setup was:
Software Version  6.1.25R2
UBoot-OS Version 8.1
Hardware Version 01-05

The latest Software Version I could find on the Siglentna site was V6.1.37R10.
The latest OS was SDS1xx4X-E Operating System -V3 (Only For 4-Channel models) (Release Date 01.04.23 )

The Update to V6.1.3.37E10 worked fine, bur I don't seem to be able to update the OS, nor can I sea a correlation between the version on the site Operating System -V3 and the OS on my Utility|Status screen of UBoot-OS Version 8.1.
Hardware Version 01-05

I extracted the files to a newly formatted FAT32 USB thumb drive (devicetree.dtp, rootfs.cramfs, sds1004x_e_udiskEnv.txt and uImage), powered down the scope, inserted the USB thumbdrive into the front USB port (nothing plugged into the rear one) and powered up the scope. it appeared to go through the normal bootup sequence. I left it for a few minutes then cycled the power. It booted up OK but there was no change to the information on the Status Page. Neither was there any sign of NTP on the UTILITY|DATE TIME page.

I am sure I have made some basic nooby error in applying the update to the OS, can anyone help out please??

ex-egll
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 10:50:19 pm by ex-egll »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: SDS1104X-E OS upgrade and no NTP. Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 11:27:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

To have NTP and logging capability the V3 OS need be installed.
Link:
https://siglentna.com/download/35545/?tmstv=1703106494

The unzipped files must be in the root folder of a USB for the OS to recognise them and auto install at boot.

Then search for your local NTP server IP and enter it into the NTP menu and select your time zone.
There are additional settings for Sync to the sever to suit your requirements.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline ex-egllTopic starter

[SOLVED] Re: SDS1104X-E OS upgrade and no NTP. Help Please.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 03:13:55 am »
Many thanks for the reply tautech. What you suggested is pretty well what I did, but I tried it once more with a different USB stick. Lo and behold it worked! It could have been a falty stick, but I doubt it as I have used it for the firmware upgrade. I guess stranger things have happened, anyhow it worked and NTP is now available.

Again many thanks for your response, and all the other help you have given

ex-egll

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf