Products > Test Equipment

High Voltage Probe Fluke 80K-40


I need a high voltage probe to measure voltage output of a fly-back transformer. I have been looking at the Fluke 80K-40, but it's kinda pricey. I was wondering if there is anything cheaper out there that is safe?

How much voltage are you talking about?  Ebay has a bunch of 80K-40 and 80K-6's depending on your budget.  The prices seemed reasonable to me.  I've used some high value resistors to make a poor-mans probe.  I think it was a 1000M Ohm and a 1M Ohm, both were precision resistors.  Won't have the accuracy of a professional probe, but does the trick for some hobby stuff.

Watch Blog #85 and roll your own


[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Go to full version
Powered by SMFPacks Advanced Attachments Uploader Mod