Author Topic: Product search: Is there such a thing as a scope probe-to-BNC analog converter?  (Read 682 times)

Offline cvancTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hi all-

I would like to use oscilloscope probes as the input to audio analysis gear.  I'm looking for something that will properly terminate scope probes (including overload protection hopefully), and output BNC analog.

Does such a box exist?  My Google-fu is failing to find even one such device.  Thanks!

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
Well, for audio frequencies, just slap there a FET buffer opamp, done* :)

*I know it may not be that easy, but we did not get too much details what are you trying to do with this.

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Sure, this thing:
https://www.newark.com/keysight-technologies/5081-7705/test-probe/dp/02P5581
This one is not in stock, but im sure you find it somewhere else.
Also, KS scopes come with them default.

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
I would like to use oscilloscope probes as the input to audio analysis gear.  I'm looking for something that will properly terminate scope probes (including overload protection hopefully), and output BNC analog.

Does such a box exist?  My Google-fu is failing to find even one such device.  Thanks!

Sort of!  They are usually called differential probes, and of course they have the probe built in.  In the vintage world, you could also use a differential preamp like the Tek AM502 (or ADA400 if you got lucky) or a FET probe like the P6202 to do the job.

The problem you might run into is that most oscilloscope accessories are not specified for THD, so you would have to measure that yourself.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:01:36 pm by edavid »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf