Author Topic: How is the new Keysight 1000 x series scope compared with other low cost scopes?  (Read 56684 times)

Offline martinot

• Regular Contributor
Do I get a free pair of nice probes if I jump on the hate-train? If so..

It's also a complete non-issue for me. And I do own the scope!

But Pascal_Sweden and his ilk thinks you're an idiot, who doesn't know what's good for you, lol! Doesn't that keep you up at night?

Reading PascalĀ“s endless trolling and religious hate campaign against brand name manufactures (any hyping cheap Chinise brands as the salvation the worlds all problems) really makes me feel ashamed for also being Swedish.  :-[

Do I get a free pair of nice probes if I jump on the hate-train? If so..

It's also a complete non-issue for me. And I do own the scope!

But Pascal_Sweden and his ilk thinks you're an idiot, who doesn't know what's good for you, lol! Doesn't that keep you up at night?

Of course I'm disappointed the probes don't match the quality of the scope itself, but I have a bunch already - and they are not that bad. They just drift a bit more than my other ones.

Looking for maybe buying a four channel version in the 1000x series, as one possible option (also considering R&S, Siglent and others), I also look for buying a good set of probes regardless which scope I go with (in my price range they all tend to come with not so good probes). Been looking at probes from Testec like these;

https://www.testec.de/en/products/product-categories/standard-probes/

Anyone who has used them and can come with an opinion on them (would like at lest 200MHz probes with silicon leads and good firm gold tips)?

Offline martinot

• Regular Contributor
Of course I have looked at the pictures of the probes. Even better, I have looked at the actual probes. Of course I don't think the interior construction looks high quality. Honestly, they don't feel bad in the hand, but probe feel is absurdly subjective and meaningless between users. However, I only expect marginally better given the price point. You don't get a Mercedes for the price of a Kia.

However, since I have actually used the scope I can say that the probes have been a non-issue in practice.

If one looks at pascal_sweden's umpteen posts in this and the other 1000X threads all he or she will find is complaint after complaint, attacks on Keysight's customer service, etc. all about a product he has never even put a finger on. Do you like to constantly complain to Fluke about how the 87V should default to DC amps instead of AC amps in current mode? They have known about this for years, but haven't even acknowledged it. They are horrible... no service.  :blah:

It gets old, and contributes absolutely nothing.

Again more ad hominem attacks on Keysight users even. This sounds like a Mac/PC flame war or something, except the guy arguing about it uses a Commodore and has never touched a Mac or a PC.

Daniel acknowledged the issue immediately. At least Keysight *has* a representative here. It takes more than a week or two to redesign or remanufacture a large scale product. If you think the probes are useless than take into the account the cost of a better pair when purchasing. You will likely want to have at least three probes anyway.

I wonder why some people like PascalSwede get to be so religious and brand zealots, to the point that they put their life time and effort in dissing some brands and hyping other brands?

Why can not both companies and products be assessed for what they are, on their own merits, without all that constant religious crap?

Do not understand such behaviour at all (regardless if scopes or computers).

Offline martinot

• Regular Contributor
The thread was bumped from 2017?

Yes. Reading up on different scope threads in preparation for selecting a good scope, and new scopes introduced in 2017 is still valid for me to consider.

Keysight released new scopes in the series two years ago with some new black four channel versions, and just in this year (2020) they released new 2 channel versions in the 1000x series. Seems to be 2 channel versions based on the black four channel versions; i.e. including all serial decoding options that is very attractive for some of my usage (especially CAN bus).

Will consider many different brands and models, but might be that a scope in the Keysight 1000 x series will be one possible choice for me to consider.

BTW; what scope do you use yourself?

Offline rigol52

• Contributor
For us amateurs main problems are prices not brands.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf