Author Topic: DSO138 DIY Kits  (Read 3568 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OpenCircuitTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 168
  • Country: us
DSO138 DIY Kits
« on: March 25, 2017, 03:30:21 am »
Forgot I had this in my soldering box. Put it together a year or two ago, but it doesn't work. The screen lights up (backlight only), but it doesn't show anything on the screen. Anyone know anything about these?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:00:10 am by OpenCircuit »
 

Offline TNorthover

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: us
Re: DS0138 DIY Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 03:52:18 am »
Forgot I had this in my soldering box. Put it together a year or two ago, but it doesn't work. The screen lights up (backlight only), but it doesn't show anything on the screen. Anyone know anything about these?

The instructions have a bunch of troubleshooting tips, have you tried those yet?
 
The following users thanked this post: OpenCircuit

Online Gyro

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 11177
  • Country: gb
Re: DS0138 DIY Kits
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:11:11 am »
Best Regards, Chris
 
The following users thanked this post: OpenCircuit

Offline OpenCircuitTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 168
  • Country: us
Re: DS0138 DIY Kits
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 02:59:48 am »
JYE Tech took care of me. Went back and forth in emails probing and they eventually sent me a new board. They concluded a short while I agreed. New kit turned out fine.

Short was gone after cleaning J4 solder, so it had to be post J4. I pulled NEARLY everything and the short was still present until I removed the MCU.*

Considering wasting a few dollars on a new MCU just to see if I am right or not.  :-/O Then I would need to flash the chip....  :palm:

*EDIT:Interesting they are even checking for this:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl-mDqMHoKw&feature=youtu.be
2. http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e138.php
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:18:13 am by OpenCircuit »
 

Offline OpenCircuitTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 168
  • Country: us
Re: DSO138 DIY Kits
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 11:30:57 pm »
....
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->