Author Topic: Siglent SSA3000X-plus vs. SVA1000x vs. SSA3000X-R - differences in hardware?  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Thilo°Topic starter

Hello Forum, hello world,

I am currently in the process of finding the best fitting spectrum analyzer for me (and my budget ;-) ) out of Siglent SSA3000X-plus, SVA1000x or SSA3000x-R.

I have some of questions comparing the features of those three Siglent model series:

"Differences of hardware or calibration?"

Despite the fact, that several threads are discussing the possibility to 'upgrade/cross-upgrade' basic models to a high-frequency model or even to a VNA/Realtime model:

- Are there physical differences in terms of the electronical components used in the three model series?

- Are there differences in the calibration of _native_ SSA3000X-plus vs. SVA1000x vs. SSA3000X-R?

E.G.: Inside each line, the models have different displayed average noise levels
-156dBm/Hz for the 1.5GHz models,
-161dBm/Hz for the 3.2GHz models, and
-165dBm/Hz for the 7.5GHz models.
So is this due to different electronical components, different calibration, or just the software/license limitation?

E.G.: While the "Reflection Measurement Kit (Opt.)" is listed as an option for SSA_X-plus and SSA_X-R, it is not listed for the SVA_X. So does the SVA have a built-in reflection measurement kit? Or
is it just a fault in the feature list an I even though need a reflection bridge for a SVA model to run reflection measurements?

"Supported Features", from what I have understood,

- With a native SSA3000X-plus I am able to run reflection measurement when adding an external reflection bridge/directional coupler. But I cannot run S11/S21 tests.

- With a SVA1000X model and with a SSA3000X-R model I can run "all" VNA and Distance-to-fault tests. So except the "Realtime" feature both series have the same feature set?

- Or are there further features the SSA_X-R have over the SVA_X?

Many thanks
Thilo

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Welcome to the forum.

Quick summary.
SSA3015X Plus and SVA1015X share HW.
X-R models are different HW.

Reflection Measurement Kit requires an external bridge/coupler for use in SSA models whereas the bridge in built into SVA models.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Thilo°

Offline Thilo°Topic starter

And, regarding the different Diplayed Noise Level of the low-frequency models vs. the high-frequency models within each series' model line, do you know if they have different components, or differences in calibration, or is it induced by the software license?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
And, regarding the different Diplayed Noise Level of the low-frequency models vs. the high-frequency models within each series' model line, do you know if they have different components, or differences in calibration, or is it induced by the software license?
DANL specs are the primary indicator of HW differences.
TG spec is another.
SVA models can do everything SSA+ models do but with VNA and DTF capability whereas X-R models additionally have RT capability.

So the primary consideration for the buyer is what they actually need from a member of this SSA/SVA family of devices....just SA or SA + VNA or SA, VNA and RT. They all share the same user manual which offers some insight that basic functionality is very similar and in many cases identical however study of the datasheets is required to properly distinguish the 3 families and their models apart.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Thilo°

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf