Products > Test Equipment

HP 3457A or 34410A?

<< < (3/3)

AlfBaz:
Thank you all for your replies.
Bit the bullet and just purchased a 3457A with the 44491 relay card. All up with postage to Oz around $400 (270+130postage)
My thinking is that if work pans out I'll get the 34410A in the near future.
I still have to build my lab and am looking to get controlled humidity and temperature. If I get back to full time employment I might even see if I can pony up the doe for a 3458A! There's one on ebay right now that's busted but they still want 3.5k!

Robrenz, Had a very quick look at the fluke specs but I need to spend some time to look at them and features closer. The one thing I found a little annoying is how shit fluke's web site is compared to Agilent's, no price (call for quote), and trying to navigate to their bench meters is not intuitive. Hoping their web designers are in a building far, far away from their meter interface designers :)

robrenz:
All the info you need is here for download.  Ask for a quote and you will get a lower price than posted.  Ask for a full calibration certificate when you purchase and it will be included for free. Dont forget to consider the trend plot feature, it is extremely usefull.

AlfBaz:

--- Quote from: robrenz on March 29, 2013, 01:46:27 am ---All the info you need is here for download.  Ask for a quote and you will get a lower price than posted.  Ask for a full calibration certificate when you purchase and it will be included for free. Dont forget to consider the trend plot feature, it is extremely usefull.

--- End quote ---
Thank you.

It just struck me, I wonder if it would be a worth while investment to purchase a 240/120V transformer to take advantage of "cheaper" equipment available for the states

alm:
Most modern equipment is switchable between mains voltages, either by a switch on the back or some internal jumpers. Equipment with a SMPS will usually accept anything from 100-250 V or so. Check the service manual before buying, because there are exceptions, like the HP power supply Dave bought a while ago. In general it's cheaper to produce just one unit for all the mains voltages, however.

For some older bench meters, you should also pay attention to the mains frequency. They used crystals for the ADC clock, and it would be a multiple of the mains frequency to reject mains interference from DC measurements. Changing from 60 Hz to 50 Hz would require a new crystal for best NMRR. The HP 3456A is an example of this. Newer equipment often uses a PLL to tune the ADC clock to the mains frequency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version