Author Topic: HP/Agilent/Keysight half rack form factor meters and instruments  (Read 1494 times)

Offline pizzigriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I'm not too sure this is the right place to post this, but I searched both the Web and the forum and could not find a definite answer.
HP came up with a half rack form factor for its meters and instruments, of which the most famous examples are the 34401A, 53131A and 35120A instruments.
They all have in common the aluminum body, of various lengths, the bezel and VFD digits, and the rubber bumpers and handle. This form factor continued in such instruments as the 34410 and the E3641A, also a double height but still half rack version of it mostly for power supplies, such as the E3631A, was introduced.
So my question is, where can I find a complete list of all the meters, PS, instruments etc that follow this form factor and share the "family feeling"?
Thank you!
franco

Offline JDubU

• Frequent Contributor

The following users thanked this post: oPossum, pizzigri

Offline pqass

• Frequent Contributor
Re: HP/Agilent/Keysight half rack form factor meters and instruments
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 03:00:11 pm »
Check some of the later '90s catalogs here: http://hparchive.com/hp_catalogs
You'll get a definitive list by model and writeup on each new product for that year. 

The following users thanked this post: pizzigri

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 03:04:19 pm »
JDuBu, well...
it is a BIG help, in the sense that it features basically ALL of the instruments that are rack mountable from Keysight, but that includes all of them, in every module size.
I mean, things like the 54832B which is not exactly based on the form factor of the 34401....
with a little bit of patience I can check out all the unfamiliar instrument numbers and see from an image search which ones are based on the mentioned form factor - so lots of work, but, OTOH, since I was not aware of this documet existing, still big kudos to you.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 03:05:40 pm »
And pqass,
that helps too - a lot actually! Thank you guys!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf