Author Topic: Cossor / Biccotest T535 TDR cable tester  (Read 194 times)

Offline shakalnokturn

• Frequent Contributor
Cossor / Biccotest T535 TDR cable tester
« on: November 17, 2019, 12:34:15 am »
I bought this a few months back, after inquiring on an advert the seller kept lowering the price.
Although I didn't know it's working condition or have any immediate use for it, at 23€ postage included it was hard to resist.

This evening it was finally powered, from the little I know about the instrument and TDR in general it appears to be working.
Of course I couldn't resist looking in the box so here are a few photos.

The LCD EL backlight looks way, way past it. (Maybe powering it from the CRT's acceleration voltage I'd get just enough brightness...)
It is meant to hold a rechargeable battery, there is none, no clue where to where it should fit either.
The user manual has been found online, any service information or schematic are more than welcome.

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
Re: Cossor / Biccotest T535 TDR cable tester
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:55:04 pm »
A bit of useless, but perhaps interesting information.

The name "biccotest" suggests that it was made by a subsiduary of, or for:-

"British Insulated Callendars Cables", who were a very large manufacturer of copper wire & cables of all varieties.
At my first job, we had a semi-autonomous section which was dedicated to the sale & supply of cables from the Australian agents/subsiduary of BICC.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cossor / Biccotest T535 TDR cable tester
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
Thanks for the information and story.

Could Cossor have been the manufacture? I'm not familiar with their equipment so wouldn't recognise the style if I met it.
I spotted an evil bay listing with the same TDR only it was labelled "Cossor".

Over the years so many companies merge into corporations leaving near to no written trace of what they once produced, that it's hard keeping track.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf