Author Topic: I need help to choose an oscilloscope.  (Read 1232 times)

Offline iratoTopic starter

I need help to choose an oscilloscope.
« on: May 07, 2021, 07:34:27 pm »
Hi, my name is Mariano and I´m from Argentina. Sorry if my english is not so good.

I´m studying EE, and I want to buy my first oscilloscope. The thing is that in Argentina we don´t have a lot of options so I have to choose one of these.

Siglent SDS1102DL+
Siglent SDS1102CML+
Uni-t   UTD2025CL
Uni-t   UTD2052CL
Uni-t   UTD2102CEX

I want to know which one is better and why. As i said before, this is my first scope, so i don´t really know a lot about it. I´m kind of lost, because i don´t know if i should get a 25 MHz or 50? Should it have 1GSa/s? Or 500 MSa/s is ok?

I would love to know your opinions. Thanks!

Online ledtester

• Super Contributor
Re: I need help to choose an oscilloscope.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 07:51:18 pm »
Get at least 50 MHz -- preferably 100 MHz.

And get as many GSa/s as you can because the sampling gets shared if you use multiple channels.

E.g. the Rigol 1054z has 1 GS/s so if you use one channel it has 1 GS/s available, but if you use 4 channels each only gets 250 MS/s.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:15:04 pm »
Mariano,

Of all the options you listed, the SDS1102CML+ is the best one. The main reason is because it has the deepest sample memory of 2M points, which is one of the strong arguments for a Digital Storage Oscilloscope (DSO).

If you have the option to buy from Banggood or Aliexpress, the options are much increased, with much more modern models that bring you a lot more for the price (Rigol DS1054Z or Siglent SDS1102X-E, SDS1104X-U)

Good luck in your quest
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:22:50 pm »
Thank you for the answer.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 08:24:44 pm »
Mariano,

Of all the options you listed, the SDS1102CML+ is the best one. The main reason is because it has the deepest sample memory of 2M points, which is one of the strong arguments for a Digital Storage Oscilloscope (DSO).

If you have the option to buy from Banggood or Aliexpress, the options are much increased, with much more modern models that bring you a lot more for the price (Rigol DS1054Z or Siglent SDS1102X-E, SDS1104X-U)

Good luck in your quest

Here in Argentina is not that easy to import things, so I can´t buy things from Banggood or Aliexpress.

Thanks for the answer.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 10:54:03 pm »
If you prefer get a SDS1072CML+ and we'll upgrade it to 1102. Or 1152... :)

The following users thanked this post: irato

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 02:39:45 am »
Here in Argentina is not that easy to import things, so I can´t buy things from Banggood or Aliexpress.

Thanks for the answer.
I feel for you; it is similar in my home country as well (Brasil), where the price can easily double if the package is caught by customs.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: Trader

Offline rejectmonke

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 06:43:34 am »
On the entry end I haven't really seen anything as bang for buck than the 50MHz 4 channel rigol ds1054

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 03:16:25 pm »
On the entry end I haven't really seen anything as bang for buck than the 50MHz 4 channel rigol ds1054
Everybody said that, the thing is that here it cost like 900 o 1000 us dollar. So i can't afford it.
But thanks anyway!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf