Author Topic: I want to buy my first oscilloscope, help! SDS1102CML+ vs Rigol DS1102Z-E  (Read 633 times)

Offline pantojazapataTopic starter

Hello everyone!, I am an electronic engineering student from Colombia :D and I want to buy a basic but complete oscilloscope. I'm between 2 options]:
1. SDS1102CML+ ($319)
2. Rigol DS1102Z-E ($279)
Del rigo strikes me that it can decode some signals such as UART and its memory depth of 24 Mpts
Which one do you recommend and why?

thanks!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 06:16:11 am by pantojazapata »

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
Have you considered saving a bit more money and getting something like the SDS1104X-U?  It's only about 25% more money for a hugely better scope.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
Hello everyone!, I am an electronic engineering student from Colombia :D and I want to buy a basic but complete oscilloscope. I'm between 2 options]:
1. SDS1102CML+ ($319)
2. Rigol DS1102Z-E ($279)
Del rigo strikes me that it can decode some signals such as UART and its memory depth of 24 Mpts
Which one do you recommend and why?

thanks!

If the choice is between the Siglent 1102CML+ and the Rigol 1102Z-E, it's no contest.  The Rigol is far and away more capable than the Siglent.  They're essentially a generation apart.

You should read the spec sheets for both.  The measurement capabilities alone on the Rigol far outweigh the Siglent, as does the display (intensity-graded), the triggering functions (far more), the math functions (quite a few more), the sample memory (an order of magnitude more), the waveform update rate, etc.

I've had the 1102CML and the Rigol 1054Z (the 4 channel version of the scope you're looking at).  It's no contest between the two.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, hlj.pycad

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf