Author Topic: I'm a sad panda right now ... DG4062 ...  (Read 5332 times)

Offline gregoTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I'm a sad panda right now ... DG4062 ...
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:51:42 pm »
I ordered a DG4062 func gen from tequipment.net -- I thought it was in stock - it's apparently not.  2 weeks, 6 days -- estimated ship of April 30.

:--

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
Re: I'm a sad panda right now ... DG4062 ...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »
I ordered a DG4062 func gen from tequipment.net -- I thought it was in stock - it's apparently not.  2 weeks, 6 days -- estimated ship of April 30.

Yes Sad to hear, Bad timing
here's is mine back in Feb.
No problem for me

We Thank You For Your Order, xxxxx.
Your Order Number Is: 999999
Date Of Order: 2/2/2013 8:55:00 AM
Rigol DG4062
Description: 60 MHz Arbitrary Waveform Generator
Shipping via: Free Shipping
(Qty: 1 x $795.00)
Discounted Item. You Paid: $755.25 :-+ :-+

Your package shipped on Feb 05, 2013, and a tracking number has been generated.
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline gregoTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »
Yeah I'll get it when I get it - I just wanted new shinies on the bench. :)

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:49:43 pm »
Maybe there's a DG4102 just sitting there on the shelf? You owe it to yourself to at least ask... ;)

Offline ben_r_

• Frequent Contributor
  • A Real Nowhere Man
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:55:48 pm »
Feel your pain... Ordered an Agilent MSOX2024A last week and it wont get here till first week of May.

That makes me a saaaaaad panda too.

Thankfully I have other new toys/tools coming sooner to hold me over until May.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »
Be at Peace
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline ben_r_

• Frequent Contributor
  • A Real Nowhere Man
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:36 pm »

Online Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 05:19:01 pm »

Hi Greg,

Just checking to see if the DG4062 arrived yet?  In the meantime, any thoughts on the main reasons to move up from the Rigol DG1022 to the DG4062 (I could probably come up with a bunch but I'd be curious to know what you and others think).  It looks like a GREAT product!  Thanks, EF

PS, hows that GW-Instek Logic Analyzer review coming?  :) ;) :D ;D :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:20:43 pm by Electro Fan »

Offline ben_r_

• Frequent Contributor
  • A Real Nowhere Man
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:30:41 pm »
Oh man, Ive got ANOTHER one for you! I just placed an order for an Agilent 34450A and the lead time from the factory (as the reseller I went through only orders Agilent products directly through the factory) is 16 WEEKS! Thats FOUR MONTHS! :( :( :( But it saved me about $150 going through them plus I still get the two upgrades Agilent is offering for free right now.

Offline fpga

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:10 pm »
Oh man, Ive got ANOTHER one for you! I just placed an order for an Agilent 34450A and the lead time from the factory (as the reseller I went through only orders Agilent products directly through the factory) is 16 WEEKS! Thats FOUR MONTHS! :( :( :( But it saved me about $150 going through them plus I still get the two upgrades Agilent is offering for free right now.

When I tried to order from testequipmentdepot.com, they told me that since they are 2nd tier Agilent distributors, they cannot do promos. Also Agilent gave me a hard time with the 34450A promo since I filled out the form after May 31; it took a week to receive the DMM due to shipping. Now that I just got the 34450A with the two options, Agilent has released the new 34461A for ~300USD more. I feel like you with your U3401A dilemma; I can still return it, but would need to pay shipping and 25% restocking to exchange for the newer 34461A.  :palm:
I never did a day's work in my life, it was all fun -- Thomas Edison.

Offline ben_r_

• Frequent Contributor
  • A Real Nowhere Man
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 11:55:49 pm »

When I tried to order from testequipmentdepot.com, they told me that since they are 2nd tier Agilent distributors, they cannot do promos. Also Agilent gave me a hard time with the 34450A promo since I filled out the form after May 31; it took a week to receive the DMM due to shipping. Now that I just got the 34450A with the two options, Agilent has released the new 34461A for ~300USD more. I feel like you with your U3401A dilemma; I can still return it, but would need to pay shipping and 25% restocking to exchange for the newer 34461A.  :palm:
Yea they gave me a little flap, but I got them to send me a paid in full invoice/receipt showing the purchase date withing the promo time and I saved screenshots and the PDF of the promo and I called Agilent to make sure they would honor it despite how long its taking to get the unit. Ill go ballistic if they try and deny me. Still have three months wait to go too. Soo sad... I probably wont be selling the U3401A though. I think Ill just use it as my benchtop DMM in the garage. I got that thing for too cheap, its just not worth it to bother selling it I dont think. We'll see.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf