Author Topic: HP 1722A Scope time base knob assembly  (Read 1480 times)

Offline just meTopic starter

• Contributor
HP 1722A Scope time base knob assembly
« on: June 22, 2021, 05:11:31 am »
Hello.I have a HP 1722A scope that is missing the complete time base knob assembly.The scope seems to work and I'm trying to fix it for cheap.I've spent hours,it seems like,searching eBay and the internet searching for the knob assy.Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Offline rf-messkopf

• Regular Contributor
  • Mario H.
    • Homepage
Re: HP 1722A Scope time base knob assembly
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 11:56:45 am »
If you look at the part numbers of the individual parts of the TB knob assembly, most of them are identical with other scopes of the series, e.g. the 1740A, 1741A, etc. In particular, is true for the two knobs (Main TB and Delayed TB). Since you still have the dial with the delayed TIME/DIV decal (the 1740A, etc., have different TB settings) as well as the two shaft assemblies, getting the two knobs from a 1740A or similar might be enough.

I have an old 1740A parts donor sitting in the basement. However, I don't know if its TB knobs are still okay, and whether shipping from Germany would be economical.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 03:35:41 pm »
I sincerely appreciate your advice.My scope isn't worth much.I was trying to get it going for my nephew to fiddle with.I'm still searching for knobs closer to home.Again,I appreciate your help..

Offline rf-messkopf

• Regular Contributor
  • Mario H.
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 10:44:16 am »
I'm still searching for knobs closer to home.

Okay, great. If you don't find any, shoot me a mail (address is on my homepage) and I'll check if the knobs on my parts mule are still okay.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 05:55:27 pm »
Thanks..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf