Author Topic: Which distributor for Agilent "Ultimate Scope Upgrade"  (Read 2334 times)

Offline motocoderTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
Which distributor for Agilent "Ultimate Scope Upgrade"
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:48:05 pm »
I've just purchased one of Agilent's "Used Premium" scopes off of eBay. I want to take advantage of their Ultimate Scope upgrade program where you get all the software upgrades for the price of one. I went to Agilent's web site to complete this, and they gave me a list of distributors to use to for the purchase. I was wondering if people could recommend a distributor. Since it's likely I'll use them again for accessory purchases or what-not, I'd like to pick one that I'll be happy with.

Here is the list:
  • Gap Wireless
  • Transcat
  • TESSCO
  • Techni-Tool
  • Newark element14
  • Microlease
  • Allied Electronics
  • TestEquity

Offline Terabyte2007

• Frequent Contributor
  • It is purpose that created us... That defines us..
Re: Which distributor for Agilent "Ultimate Scope Upgrade"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:09:30 pm »
I went with TestEquity for my Agilent scope upgrade. They had the eLicense processed and sent to me in about 2 hours. A few days later the certificate arrived by FedEx.
Eric Haney, MCSE, EE, DMC-D
Electronics Designer, Prototype Builder

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 02:14:10 pm »
I went with TestEquity for my Agilent scope upgrade. They had the eLicense processed and sent to me in about 2 hours. A few days later the certificate arrived by FedEx.

Did you need to provide the scope serial number? I'm just paying for the scope today, and Agilent is going to ship it from Malaysia I think, so it might not be here for awhile. I'm a bit worried about the "Ultimate Scope Upgrade" program ending before I have the scope in hand.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:16:16 pm by motocoder »

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:27:22 pm »
You don't need the serial # until you register the option with agilent. Got mine at testequity. Good service.

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:34:14 am »
You don't need the serial # until you register the option with agilent. Got mine at testequity. Good service.

Thanks. I placed an order with them today. I called them after I got an email reply, but had to leave a message for the guy. However, I was impressed that I got several call backs to make sure I had been taken care of, including a later follow-up from a very knowledgeable local rep.

Offline ConKbot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 02:07:38 am »
Newark was good when I ordered the scope and some upgrades originally.  Though when I purchased *Just* and upgrade, I got nothing, no emails, no confirmations, it showed up on the website as 'completed'  I had to call newark with a "wtf its just an email, why is this taking so long" and an agilent rep emailed me the entitlement cert.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf