Author Topic: Impo D-5 oscilloscope, does anyone know anything about this?  (Read 262 times)

Offline triagon

Impo D-5 oscilloscope, does anyone know anything about this?
« on: March 15, 2019, 05:19:13 am »
Hi everybody,
First of all, since this is my first post on the forum I hope this is the right section for my topic.
Some pictures:https://imgur.com/a/HAL1K4G

I recently grabbed this thing for 5€(about the same in $) from my university's student-run electronic workshop's garage sale.
It lacks BNC connectors, all connections are done with banana plugs.
The controls are very bare-bones; there isn't a trigger level adjustment, for example, just a dial to select the trigger source.
It seems as though it's always using chop to display both channels, I have yet to find a way to view just a single channel or use alt.
I did some Google searches but came up dry.
The CRT shield has 26/9/1974 date on it, so that's the approximate age of the scope.
My guess is it's an entry level scope used by my university to teach students to use an oscilloscope, that would explain simplicity of the controls, and possibly the use of banana plugs as an input.
The scope is working, although quite clearly out of calibration. I just have yet to figure what to use it for given its limited set of features.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf