Author Topic: Interchangeablity of HP Logic Analyzer cables and Flying Leads?  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Stray ElectronTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  Does anyone have list of what Logic Analyzer cables will work on other models of HP Logic Analyzers?

Some of the the flying leads that came with My HP 1670D are still in their original sealed package and the PN on them shows that they were designed for the HP 1650.  I also compared them to the flying leads from my HP 16500A and they're almost identical.  The only difference is that the labels on the 1670 leads are in color and the labels on the 16500 leads are black on grey. The pinouts are the same and they're physically the same except that the ground lead (pin 2) on the 1670 leads is black and is shorter than the other leads. On the 16500 that lead is grey and the same length as the others.

The cables on the 1670D and the 16500A look different, the 16500 cables look like cloth and the 1670 cables have a smooth plastic finish. But the connectors on both ends appears to be the same so I think they are interchangeable.

The 16500s, the 1650s, the 1660 and the 1670 share a lot of common items and I suspect that the leads and cables are interchangeable in all of them. 

Does anyone have any further knowledge about the subject?

Offline NickAmes

• Contributor
Re: Interchangeablity of HP Logic Analyzer cables and Flying Leads?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 02:56:28 am »
In my (admittedly limited) experience, the cables/clips for all HP logic analyzers using the large 40 pin connector are the same.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf