Author Topic: Tektronix 176 power pulsed high current fixture 200A, tear down.  (Read 2855 times)

Offline harrimansatTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Tektronix 176 power pulsed high current fixture 200A, tear down.
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:52:37 am »
Hi, has anyone service manual for a Tektronix 176? Mine now works, but I would like to know how it works.

http://www.vishay.com/docs/40021/wtintro.pdf

Wet Electrolyte Tantalum Capacitors

Offline zener

• Contributor
Re: Tektronix 176 power pulsed high current fixture 200A, tear down.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »
I picked up one of these devices for my 576.   I figured "how complicated could it be?".   Well,
there is a lot of stuff in there.   Plenty to go wrong.   I too would like to get a service manual.

I see some for sale postings for a manual for the 176 that say "some schematics".   I am not
sure what that means.   Has anyone seen that manual?

Pete.

Offline Bill158

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 04:51:46 pm »
I picked up one of these devices for my 576.   I figured "how complicated could it be?".   Well,
there is a lot of stuff in there.   Plenty to go wrong.   I too would like to get a service manual.

I see some for sale postings for a manual for the 176 that say "some schematics".   I am not
sure what that means.   Has anyone seen that manual?

Pete.

I found this Tek 176 manual (pdf) somewhere, but I don't remember where.  It appears to be complete but it looks like several pages of the schematics have been scanned twice so if you are going to print it and assemble it then you may have to pick and choose.  I just uploaded it to the K04BB website.  You can find it in the "Recent Uploads" section.  The name is "TEKTR_176_OM_1.pdf"

Bill

The following users thanked this post: harrimansat

Offline zener

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 12:20:59 pm »
Thanks for posting it to K04BB but thinks seem to be backing up there.   Could you send it to me directly?   
peter (the at char) reilley (the period char) com

Thanks,
Pete.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf