Author Topic: Just ordered a Rigol DS6102  (Read 27787 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Just ordered a Rigol DS6102
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2015, 03:28:46 am »
I guess you meant 20ps/div. I considered this one seriously, and apparently this is the only 10Gsps model I can afford, but it is just too big. If I had a house own by myself that I can modify its garage I would definitely get one.
Funny you mentioned the size factor, which was something I had to consider during my research but thought it was a rather unusual constraint.

The LeCroy seems a good offer for the price, although there are others around that may fit your place: here, here and here...
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2015, 05:56:57 am »
Whatever you do, don't hold onto it thinking they'll fix it someday because you never know if that will happen.  Good luck.
Get this in writing (e-mail)!

This I agree with. If it's a user error (which I'm sure it isn't) then a couple of days to verify and tell you HOW to use it should be more than enough but if it's actually broken then expecting them to actually FIX it in a couple of days probably isn't realistic. So IF they say they WILL fix it make them put that in writing together with an extended time for you to return in case they don't deliver.

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2015, 06:40:54 am »
Blueskull, what is the software version of your DS6102?

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2015, 11:24:31 am »
blueskull, in addition to nctnico's suggestion I would take a look at this one as well. 20ns/div in RIS (ETS) mode, manufacturer refurbished with passive probes.

That's actually not a bad offer! The WaveRunner 6000A Series are great high end scopes, as you said it can do ETS (RIS, 200GSa/s), and this one even seems to come with the Jitter and Timing Analysis package (JTA2), Master Analysis package (XMATH) and a few other goodies. JTA2 is a great toolset and with it you can even do jitter measurements and eye diagrams in real-time mode. The built-quality is also top-notch.

Here's the datasheet:
https://www.testwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/LECRO_WAVERUNNER43159.pdf

I believe LeCroy still offers warranty for these scopes if so desired.

(perhaps with that I get to Wuerstchenhund's good side again :))

I have sides:scared:

;)

I only wish I was able to cough up that kind of money with my hobby...

If the seller would ship to the UK then I'd be really tempted to make him an offer but its U.S> only :(

I considered this one seriously, and apparently this is the only 10Gsps model I can afford, but it is just too big.

It's actually not that big, have a look at the datasheet. The WR6000 looks bigger on pictures than it really is (I was surprised how small it was when I first saw one in real life). It's certainly a bit deeper than the Rigol, but smaller in other dimensions.

I seriously doubt you'll find a better debugging scope for that money. Even a DSO7104 (which is a good scope) can't match that.

I will give Rigol some more time to solve this.

As others said, if they can't fix it now then you're better off returning it. If it's a defect then Rigol should repair it, if its a (another) firmware issue then I'd return it because if they haven't fixed it in all these years that thing is on the market then it's unlikely they do it now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:42:07 pm by Wuerstchenhund »

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2015, 04:28:57 pm »
blueskull is there something we at tequipment can help you with?

Evan
TEquipment.NET

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf