Author Topic: Rohde & Schwarz EX-IQ-BOX  (Read 1524 times)

Offline tonalt

• Contributor
Rohde & Schwarz EX-IQ-BOX
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »
So I ended up having several units of these from auction, and now I have finally time to take closer look what these really are. My main motivation is to sell them, but first I need to understand what do I have here and does them work.

"The R&S®EX-IQ-Box is a digital interface module that provides flexible digital baseband inputs or outputs for signal generators, signal analyzers and communications testers from Rohde & Schwarz. The main application field of this device is the conversion of digital I/Q signals of R&S instruments into user defined or standardized digital signal formats and vice versa."

It seems that these units came with:

• EX-IQ-BOX itself
  • Power supply
  • LVDS cable
  • Breakout boards
  • Software CD

From these, I only have EX-IQ-BOX itself, suitable power supply and DigIConf software which is free for download from R&S website.

I plugged in the units to PC, and Windows 7 recognizes new USB device. But it seems that only for bigger model 1409.5505K04 Windows can automatically & successfully install driver. After that DigIConf also recognizes the unit.

But for the smaller model 1409.5505.02, the USB device is recognized, but Windows is unable to install the driver.

So my questions are:

- Is there driver available somewhere also for model 1409.5505.02 ? I cannot find it from R&S website.
- Can I verify that the units are working by just plugging them into PC and using DigIConf, or do I need to have also LVDS cable and breakout board, and connect the unit to other R&S device like signal generator?
- If the answer to the last option is yes, where I can find this cable and breakout board for reasonable price?

Offline tonalt

• Contributor
Re: Rohde & Schwarz EX-IQ-BOX
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:08:21 am »
Anyone?

Offline tmbinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:48:15 pm »
Can you provide a photo of the PCB?

I'd be curious what's actually in there. Seems they are mostly a USB/LAN interface streaming to a customizable "digital I/Q" stream.

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 10:53:05 pm »
Can you provide a photo of the PCB?

I'd be curious what's actually in there. Seems they are mostly a USB/LAN interface streaming to a customizable "digital I/Q" stream.

Yes please - tear it apaaaaaart!  :-+ :-/O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf