Author Topic: Kaiweets HT206/208D  (Read 9697 times)

Offline simba15Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Kaiweets HT206/208D
« on: April 06, 2022, 04:02:31 pm »
So I just came across some reasonably nice Clamp Meters that seems to not have alot of information available.

Kaiweets HT206D and HT208D

https://kaiweets.com/products/kaiweets-ht206d-digital-clamp-meter-trms-6000-counts-test  around $40 usd
https://kaiweets.com/collections/clamp-meter/products/kaiweets-ht208d-inrush-clamp-meter-t-rms-6000-counts  around $70 usd

The are both AC/DC current with 10mA resolution, but the HT208D has Silicone leads, Soft rubberized outershell and an OLED dual Display.

There are many reviews of these devices on Youtube but no real tear-downs or discussions, both seem very good.

The HT206D has an advantage as it it seems to use the same chipset as the UNI-T UT210 series.
DM1106 has been very well documented to allow for  up to 12000 counts, RS232/usb output, customized range settings, and custom APO and backlight timers.

Unfortunately the HT208D has a blob for the main ic, but includes a 18bit Sigma-Delta ADC, and it has the same ISP pins for programming. It would be nice to be able to add a 6A range, and customize the dual displays.

Anyone have these meters or messed with them or DM1106 variants, I know there was lots of activity with the UT210.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 04:04:15 pm by simba15 »

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Kaiweets HT206/208D
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 07:36:30 pm »
Not much info on the forum about these HT208D 10mA to 1000A AC/DC clamp meters.
they have been going under tons of different names.
Habotest, Kaiweets, Mayilon and a few others.. also look like it's been rebranded to 3x or 4x times the normal price, likely because it is quite a feature-packed inrush clamp meter.

These (so-called) pro AC&DC clamp meters is going for around 40 USD in Banggood's EU store. (Habotest HT208D) they previously were around double of that (incl EU VAT) Anybody been familiar with the HT208D over a given period and got an impression - how it stacks up.
It's primarily the top model HT208D (AC&DC 10mA to 1000A) that is interesting at around the 40-dollar mark..
(Though not many left.. a couple from the EU CZ warehouse.. Banggood).

Specifications:
--
Material: ABS
Model: HT208A, HT208D (optional)
Power: 2 * AAA battery (not included)
Ran-ge: auto/manual
AC current: 0~1000A
DC current: 0~1000A(only HT208D)
AC voltage: 0~750V
DC voltage: 0~1000V
Resistance: 0~60MΩ
Capacitance: 99.9mF
DC voltage accuracy: ±(0.5%+3)
AC voltage accuracy: ±(0.8%+3)
DC current accuracy: ±(2.5%+5)(only HT208D)
AC current accuracy: ±(2.5%+5)
Resistance accuracy: ±(0.8%+3)
Capacitance accuracy: ±(3.0%+3)
Frequency accuracy: ±(0.5%+5)
Duty accuracy: ±(1.0%+2)
Temperature accuracy:
-40℃~1000℃: ±(1.0%+2)
-40℉~1832℉: ±(1.0%+2)

● DC Voltage: 600mV/6V/60V/600V/1000V
● AC Voltage: 600mV/6V60V/600V/750V
● DC Current: 60A/600A/1000A
● AC Current: 60A/600A/1000A
● Resistance: 600Ω/6kΩ/60kΩ/600kΩ/ 6MΩ/60MΩ
● Capacitance: 10nF/100nF/1000nF/10uF/ 100uF/1000uF/10mF/100mF

Most videos on Youtube seem somewhat lubricated and thats fine (many decent channels) but it's always nice to hear feedback from people that actually have put their own funds behind a given product, and not driven by a promotion incentive like pretty much all videos on YT on these clamp meters..
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 12:51:20 am by DaneLaw »

Offline threephase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 10:12:36 am »
I have had my 208D for about 5 months and just use it for basic electrical maintenance work. Performance wise, it is similar to the vast majority of clamp meters out there, but for the price it does have a good range of functionality.

The inrush function is good and performs as per the specification in the manual. A lot of clamp meters that have inrush don't specify if it is averaging over a time period or reading at a specific time, so that is a big plus one for the HT208D.

The display does wash out in bright light, especially outside areas. Physically it is bigger that a lot of other clamp meters, that can be good and bad depending on what you are trying to measure. Sometimes the clamp is to big to get into spaces, yet other times it makes it easier getting it around large cables, or multiple cables if required. Whilst it does have a CAT III rating, as far as I am aware that isn't independently verified, so I am cautious about using the voltage function on industrial plants.

Leads are nice, although the probe shrouds are a bit loose on my set. Temperature thermocouple is you typical flimsy style but useable.

Overall, probably a good solid meter, how robust it will be over time remains to be seen.

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 02:22:56 pm »
thx for the feedback.

Finally got my Habotest HT208D a few weeks back from Banggood's EU store, and for 40 Euro it seems like a decent feature-packed AC&DC 1K current clamp meter with a rubber-outer-molding (the red parts) and I do like the bright always-on-semi-colored dual display a lot.
The Habotest HT208D package aint 100% identical with the Kaiweets HT208D, there are a few differences.

It looks to be a partly downgraded version of the Kaiweets flagship HT208D, and as far as I can tell only two things differs.
The black storage casing looks to be of a slightly cheaper variant (no stitch emblem & the black storage casing seems a little flimsy and far from a semi-hard shell like you see with some) and the incl. test leads aint the silicone variant like those that comes with the Kaiweets HT208D, its cheap plastic variant.

Though the unit itself, seems to be identical, and its a clamp meter, so test leads often take a backseat on these devices.
Purchased some of these quite cheap silicone'ish test leads with open-end shielded 4mm banana jacks, which I find is decent bang-for-the-buck,
We're labeled Hantek P1033 and cost merely 3.61USD with shipping & 25% VAT incl. so not a lot - but they go under tons of names, often Cleegee P1033 but will prefer ones that aint 90'degree socket cornered, so P1032.

I tried the inrush-peak feature with a cheap older spot welder from China  that has surprised me quite a bit, how well such a cheap spot-welder performs, not least with the price in mind, as it was around 10 bucks (delivered) 4 to 5 years back, so I expected close to nothing., it goes from 1E to 99E (energy) and it corresponds perfectly to the scope's "ms" so 50E = 50ms and its quite convenient that I can just use my LIPO packs from FPV.

I used 2x 4S LIPO packs in parallel, so around 15v. (// I know this mini spot welder is rated for 12v but I didn't see any components that shouldn't let  4S be used and it gets a lot more potent with the added voltage, - there are tons of revisions of this mini battery spot-welder over the last 4 years, this is the preferred first gen)

the org. leads that came bundled. (plastic rated 80 degrees, VW-1 Herwell 2000v 20avg)   :popcorn:

the added P1033 with open 4mm jacks

Some of the features- (it list about 100ms measuring-time for inrush peak)

My first clamp-meter with "inrush peak" and don't know jack about many of these features.
I tried the AC-inrush feature, but with a DC-battery spot welder with 2x4S in parallel to use something that could deliver fast current peaks as it was the only thing I had on hand.
In this DC-scenario it does register values very consistently, even at the faster values like 20E (20ms) where it lists just under 500A (481A - 15v).. where at 95E (95ms) it raises to around 560A.. though not sure how I validate it and get an idea of this spot welder's amp delivery, as I am running it with 4S..

the normal feature ranges 60A, 600A and 1000A ain't fast enough for these ms-current pulses.. you can sense the meter's display is trying and stepping up, and stop at like 150A to 250A

Inrush.
20ms

95ms & spec, it claims cat4 600v & cat3 1000v (but usually don't mean jack)

The other features seem to work as intended, it got a 10mA res, but you need around +100mA before it somewhat plays along.
For the dual display HZ (AC) you need quite a lot of amp load before it clocks in.. like + 8A if I recall the same goes for inrush, where you need a decent amp-load before it triggers.
In voltage mode, that freq-secondary hz-display is quite sensitive and will gladly pick up the 49.9/50hz frequency, just holding it up around a live circuit.

it's quite a feature-packed AC/DC 1K current clamp meter for forty bucks (with incl. 25%VAT & shipping) and the always on-display, is my jam - but I'm not familiar with the clampmeter-market (to any extent) and possible alternatives and what they bring' and how well they do it.?
I mainly use the old 210E for lower clamp-current measurements, though it maxes out at 100A, and saw the HT208D as a tool for AC/DC clamp-current measurements above that.
the DC offset in 60A-mode varies between 70mA to 130mA (00.07mA-00.13mA), before zeroing, I haven't tested if it drifts-over-time and all that jazz.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 02:50:13 pm by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: cyberlan

Offline katsushika

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 08:16:27 pm »
I have one and I did some tests...
Temperature probe is accurate.
I haven't been able to detect anything below 10watts (measured 0.12A @ 230V with the clamp).

The purpose of the test was to find out if I could use this clamp to detect leakage currents in domestic installations. The answer is no, at least 2 digits are missing for this task.

My Kaiweets collection :)
I couldn't test further, lack of equipment and skill...  :-//

edit: I just add two videos about this clamp (Hz% function issue).

« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 11:21:02 am by katsushika »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf