Author Topic: HP6626A overshoots upon OUTPUT ENABLE, looking for firmware update  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Le_BassisteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
When trying to use my HP6626A for high-power LED testing, i noticed a considerable overshoot in output voltage before the CC kicks in.
the owners manual says that there are two commands that can help to mitigate this, namely DCPON 2 and DCPON 3.
my unit accepts DCPON 0 and DCPON 1, but seems to not accept 2 & 3. hence, i'm suspecting that a firmware upgrade to A.00.04 or later is required. 
from the manual:
"Starting with firmware revision A.00.04 and later, two additional commands let you set the output current to a slightly
negative value when the OUPUT OFF command is issued, causing the outputs to be in constant current mode when
programmed “OFF”. The benefit of being in constant current mode when the output is off is that if the load impedance and
the voltage and current settings are such that the unit is forced into constant current mode at turn on, then the current
feedback loop will be active during the transition to OUTPUT ON, and there will be no output current overshoot due to
mode crossover."

when issuing a ROM? command, i'm getting "3833" as response, but i have no clue as to what that firmware revision actually is.
can somebody tell me where i can get the A.00.04 firmware?
thx!

with the 6626A set to 5V and 10 mA, i get the following on the output with a 100 Ohms resistor connected and pressing [OUTPUT ON]. (divide scales by 10)
An assertion ending with a question mark is a brain fart.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf