Author Topic: SDS 1204x HD on Aliexpress...legit?  (Read 906 times)

Offline roy_eedrekuTopic starter

• Contributor
SDS 1204x HD on Aliexpress...legit?
« on: December 06, 2023, 11:21:30 am »
Seems like SDS1202X HD and 1204X HD have popped up on Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256805212875769.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

The images do show the correct model number but they are white as opposed to black mentioned in the post on SDS1000X HD release. Price also seems higher than predicted but that's all they were, predictions.

Does anyone have information if these would be legit or not? I'm leaning towards a "no".

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: SDS 1204x HD on Aliexpress...legit?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 11:34:45 am »
Seems like SDS1202X HD and 1204X HD have popped up on Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256805212875769.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

The images do show the correct model number but they are white as opposed to black mentioned in the post on SDS1000X HD release. Price also seems higher than predicted but that's all they were, predictions.

Does anyone have information if these would be legit or not? I'm leaning towards a "no".
Early China model 1 GSa/s ADC.
Western models will be 2 GSa/s.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: roy_eedreku

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 11:53:42 am »

It is literally irrelevant.

These scopes are expensive enough that it is not really smart to buy them without support and multi year warranty...

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline pope

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 12:01:04 pm »
White is so much prettier....  :-\

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 12:48:08 pm »
That product was posted already in another thread. It is grossly overpriced, as is the old version with only two channels.
It won't have any warranty on top of that.
Unless you have money to burn, don't buy it.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 01:00:48 pm »
Aliexpress is no longer a good place to buy

they say they give you good deals with impressive rebates percentage numbers  lolll    cyber monday  niet,  black friday  niet,   the deals where not good at all   

but when you check the real product sources, or the maker prices,  you pay a lot more than needed

and yes  warranty .........  i would not take chances on any electronic equipment over 60$ usd  :--

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 03:09:21 pm »
Aliexpress is no longer a good place to buy

they say they give you good deals with impressive rebates percentage numbers  lolll    cyber monday  niet,  black friday  niet,   the deals where not good at all   

but when you check the real product sources, or the maker prices,  you pay a lot more than needed

and yes  warranty .........  i would not take chances on any electronic equipment over 60$ usd  :--

I got a couple great deals on there. aliexpress is a marketplace, you have to find the right people to buy from. Cloudray had some great laser supply sales in the past month. I personally wouldn't get any serious TE on there for the warranty reason, but I got a couple small things like voltage refs and a TC3 on there. All good. You can't blame ebay either for sellers price gouging.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf