Author Topic: Uploading Siglent SDS 2304X Logic Channels  (Read 1816 times)

Offline daveb1Topic starter

Uploading Siglent SDS 2304X Logic Channels
« on: December 24, 2018, 09:07:27 pm »
Hi,
I've just purchased a Siglent SDS 2304X and found to my horror that I can't remotely upload the digital channels via USB or VXI. It now looks like I can't save the entire data set to an external USB flash disk either.

I've captured 14Mpts of 8 digital channels but when I save as binary to a 4GB external disk the resulting file size is in the 10's of kB. I suspect it's saving a screen dump. When I try to save as .CSV or .DAT I get the message "Store data failed".

Has anyone managed to get an entire logic data set out of one of these scopes ?

Thanks
Dave

Offline colorado.rob

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Uploading Siglent SDS 2304X Logic Channels
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 09:20:12 pm »
Has anyone managed to get an entire logic data set out of one of these scopes ?
I have tried.  I have talked to Siglent about this directly.  It cannot be done.  The only Siglent MSOs that allow access the digital channel data are the newer X-E models.  You can confrim this by reviewing the Siglent oscilloscope programming guide.

It is a serious shortcoming of the scope.  But it is one that Siglent, at least when I last spoke to them, claim can not and will not be addressed.

Offline daveb1Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:57:34 pm »
Hi colorado.rob

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be clear, as well as not being able to remotely upload digital data have you neither managed to save a full data set to a USB disk ?

If there's no way to get digital data out then that's an unforgivable glaring omission and mine is going straight back !

Dave

Offline colorado.rob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 11:06:07 pm »
Just to be clear, as well as not being able to remotely upload digital data have you neither managed to save a full data set to a USB disk ?

I have not tried.  That would be useless to me.  However, if it had the ability to save to USB, there would be nothing to prevent Siglent from sending it out the LAN interface.

The cheap Saleae knock-offs do a better job as a logic analyzer than most MSOs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf