Products > Test Equipment

Keysight (lack of) calibration & other services

<< < (30/31) > >>

manupthehills:
Reading this and the other thread (in Metrology) on this subject concerned me a bit.
I'm a EE working in Silicon Valley and, like many, I have a more than decent personal lab that comes useful for hobby, working from home, consulting, and likely it will get even more useful in the future ;)
Last year I had two DMMs calibrated by Keysight in Roseville: great experience with home pick-up and delivery, so, even if I could have waited some more time, I decided to have a power meter calibrated as a test to see what all this is about.

To date everything went smooth: within few days from my online request, I got a quote, they took my money, and came to pick-up the instrument as well. In few more days it should be back, hopefully.
Same good experience as usual, at least here. This new marketing approach toward "consumers", although mentioned in the latest version of their "terms of sale", seems being enforced outside the US only. For now.
There's still an open question about their service website: from my account I was able to place this calibration order but all the info about my assets are unavailable... The guy on the phone (while talking about the details of this calibration order) said that the data was migrated to a new system and they were experiencing glitches... If this doesn't resolve by itself I'll get on the phone to get a new answer.

figgie:

--- Quote from: bdunham7 on September 02, 2021, 11:00:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: figgie on September 02, 2021, 10:49:20 pm ---This might be Keysight's first volley to separate support from the HQ to the sellers/distributors.

--- End quote ---

That would all be great....but who are the distributors that can provide any more support than packaging and shipping?  eBay?  Or is Keysight going to narrow their distribution channel to those distributors like Transcat that actually are capable of some level of support?  I suppose they could keep selling through mass market channels and still want their capable distributors to provide support, but I don't think that model would be well received.

--- End quote ---

it might not be well received but they are forcing the hands of the transcat, testequipment etc to be able to support said merchandise.

I do not know about keysight and what their official support model was but it looks l like it was a free for all and keysight themselves were in charge of support up until recently. Now keep in mind that i am talking a micro view of what is happening in HPAK UK.

It seems like HPAK US is not doing that CURRENTLY to my knowledge but It might not change based on volume sales or it might. It is a moving target until the dust settles.

Also keep in mind with the massive chip shortages happening across all industries, HPAK might be impacted (see GM shutting plants down due to said chip shortage).

Oldtestgear:
I started the thread & it seems that I might be ending it too.

I have "given in" to Keysight's demand that I incorporate a company as the only way to get my 34470A calibrated.  It is definitely not a sensible option but it is pragmatic. I have completed the paperwork & notified Keysight. They have acknowledged my email & stated that full support is now available.  I hope to get the 34470A calibrated next week, with one of my newly acqured 3458As planned for late October assuming that both pass the dreaded long term drift test.

Not sure if I can help anyone else with parts or calibrations but am happy to try.  My new company is not intended to be profitable butcannot be run at a loss either.

If anyone is looking to buy a 3458A (with or without calibration) then please PM me to discuss. I will offer one for sale in the not too distant future.

Phil

jc101:

--- Quote from: Oldtestgear on September 28, 2021, 02:36:10 pm ---I started the thread & it seems that I might be ending it too.

I have "given in" to Keysight's demand that I incorporate a company as the only way to get my 34470A calibrated.  It is definitely not a sensible option but it is pragmatic. I have completed the paperwork & notified Keysight. They have acknowledged my email & stated that full support is now available.  I hope to get the 34470A calibrated next week, with one of my newly acqured 3458As planned for late October assuming that both pass the dreaded long term drift test.

Not sure if I can help anyone else with parts or calibrations but am happy to try.  My new company is not intended to be profitable butcannot be run at a loss either.

If anyone is looking to buy a 3458A (with or without calibration) then please PM me to discuss. I will offer one for sale in the not too distant future.

Phil

--- End quote ---

Be interesting to know how long it takes, I couldn't find any details on their website.  I have a 34465A used for checking some custom built devices, so ideally I need to get an up to date calibration done. No reason to believe it's out, but to keep the paperwork people happy... It's my only meter though, so being without for a lengthy period will be a bit of a pain.

tautech:
 :-//
Google instrument calibration UK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version