Author Topic: Keysight Parts cannot be ordered?  (Read 822 times)

Offline MarginallyStableTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Keysight Parts cannot be ordered?
« on: September 22, 2021, 07:27:58 pm »
I'm trying to order a replacement stand (U1241-64701) for my meter from this page
https://www.keysight.com/my/viewPart/U1242B

I press the "add to cart" button, but it seems to add it to my "shopping list" instead. I can open up the shopping list and the checkout button is greyed out (I am logging in). When I check the actual shopping cart button at the top right of the page, it says it is empty.

Anyone had any luck ordering from this system?

Offline LaurentR

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight Parts cannot be ordered?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:42:46 pm »
Ordered recently with no issue, but I can't anymore.

Even if you're logged in, you get the "To order online in Parts Online Store / Register" message and the "Register" text is actually a link to a store-specific registration page I had never seen:

https://support.keysight.com/KeysightdCX/s/user-registration?language=en_US&appId=pos

(haven't tried to register)

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 09:43:45 pm »
They have been really mucking with their US site, at least, for a few months.  Has been sort of garbage for ordering in my experience as well.  It took some additional effort, but their phone sales reps are helpful, so even if your part or the unit it fits don't show up in searches (happened), if you add an address to your account but aren't allowed to click the checkout button (happened), if you use a special form to request an address change and never get a reply/verification (happened), or even if you just login and after being redirected several times you end up in a place that won't let you buy anything (happened), the phone ordering is likely still workable.

I had a little trouble when I ordered a few months ago and there was some confusion as to whether or not I needed to be part of a company to purchase from them (ultimately they shipped to me without my company name, but in the wake of the UK Keysight stuff, who knows), and when they send you a sales order email it will have a whole list of questions that they're not expecting to be answered and that in many cases don't apply to the order, but it can be done.

Online J-R

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:58:09 pm »
Recently I dealt with them for a warranty renewal.  It's true their website is sort of in limbo at the moment and completing the purchase was a bit convoluted.  They stated it probably wouldn't be fixed until sometime in 2022.  I'm guessing the project fell off the rails or something...

But regardless, they were generally very easy to reach via e-mail and phone:

https://www.keysight.com/us/en/contact.html

In my case I e-mailed them to get the quote, then had to call in to pay with a credit card.  While they do ask for a company name, they don't require a business license (which I do have) or any other type of proof.  So there's no reason you couldn't just make up a company name...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf