Author Topic: Keysight 34461A firmware update 2.14  (Read 5577 times)

Offline ytterligareTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Keysight 34461A firmware update 2.14
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:49:14 pm »

Anyone updated the 34461A with latest firmware version ( 2.14 ) released 27/4/16 ?

From the release note : "Update to fix continuity tone on the 34460A/34461A, and accuracy issues following ACAL."

Well....did anyone noticed any changes in the continuity tone ? To me it is slugghish as ever and randomly beeping....  :-// :palm:

A.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Re: Keysight 34461A firmware update 2.14
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:57:37 pm »
Being discussed here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-agilent-34461a-6-5-digit-bench-multimeter/325/

I found the update has made the continuity extremely responsive. It matches my Fluke 87V no problem. There is still a little warble to the signal but it doesn't effect the operation to me.
VE7FM

Offline ytterligareTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »
Being discussed here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-agilent-34461a-6-5-digit-bench-multimeter/325/

I found the update has made the continuity extremely responsive. It matches my Fluke 87V no problem. There is still a little warble to the signal but it doesn't effect the operation to me.

Sorry...don't know how I could miss it and create another thread.
I'll keep posting there.
A.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »
I just tried to install the update... holy crap!! The meter can't update itself using the downloaded files???  :wtf:  :palm: I need some utility to create files on a USB stick???  :wtf: What have they been smoking at Keysight??? :--
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
I just tried to install the update... holy crap!! The meter can't update itself using the downloaded files???  :wtf:  :palm: I need some utility to create files on a USB stick???  :wtf: What have they been smoking at Keysight??? :--
You can download a non windows version and just copy the files to USB flash.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 05:25:14 pm »
You can download a non windows version and just copy the files to USB flash.
Why aren't those files under the download link? Why the longwinded route with a tool? Daniel.. where are you??!!!!!! Have this fixed and make updating firmware truly simple without needing a stinkin' tool AND/OR make the direct download link more obvious!
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline bson

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 07:33:42 pm »
Indeed!  :palm:

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 03:01:34 pm »
Daniel.. where are you??!!!!!! Have this fixed and make updating firmware truly simple without needing a stinkin' tool AND/OR make the direct download link more obvious!

I'll pass these threads along to the team. You guys come up with the best stuff on the weekends  :)  :popcorn:

Offline d-smes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »
Indeed!  :palm:
+1
Tried the USB stick / front panel route.  Unlock code?  Run up three flights of stairs from lab to office.  Read manual... run down stairs.  Unlocked, but "no file found" error.  WTF... maybe I wasn't supposed to unzip it.  Run up stair and put both zipped and unzipped on USB stick.  Run down stairs... no go.  Run up stairs.  Look at the Keysight web page.  Shit... gotta log in again... slow login... go back to Firmware upgrade page... slow... Read instructions... Crap, more software to download... and on and on.   I feel your pain; burned half a day.

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 04:16:11 pm »
You can as well update the Firmware over USB interface, LAN should also work.
That's much easier, but requires update tool on PC. Security pw of course also required.

Frank

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »
The update process could be a little easier but overall I think it is hard to complain. I would think there has to be a compromise or two to create a device that can be updated via USB, network or USB. The password makes sense as in a commercial/business setting you rarely want the end users updating the firmware themselves.
VE7FM

Offline Oxi75

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 04:32:27 pm »
Hey all,

I'm currently updating via USB-Stick from v1.x to the latest firmware (3.x). Since more than one hour the intruments tells me that I shall wait.

Can you tell me, how long your update took?

Thanks!

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 05:15:18 pm »
Hey all,

I'm currently updating via USB-Stick from v1.x to the latest firmware (3.x). Since more than one hour the intruments tells me that I shall wait.

Can you tell me, how long your update took?

Thanks!
You cannot update from 1.x directly to 3.x, it will fail. You must update to 2.17 first.

Offline Oxi75

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2023, 08:30:41 am »
yes thank you - meanwhile I also noticed that I did not read the instruction very well ;-) ... now it worked with the intermediate step to 2.17

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf