Author Topic: Keysight Connection Expert - How to Connect to Instrument?  (Read 3915 times)

Offline RCHRDMTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Keysight Connection Expert - How to Connect to Instrument?
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:36:22 am »
I have an Agilent E4400B and I am trying to connect it up to some of the Keysight lab software.  There is an application called "Keysight Connection Expert" that runs to connect the software or computer to the instrument.  I need some help figuring out how to get it to see the instrument using and RS-232 cable.

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
Re: Keysight Connection Expert - How to Connect to Instrument?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:33:56 pm »
I'd give your local Keysight Contact Center a quick call, it's pretty painless and quick.

Offline RCHRDMTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Keysight Connection Expert - How to Connect to Instrument?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:01:54 pm »
Thanks, I did that and the technician was very helpful.  He thought he recalled that a custom RS-232 serial cable is needed.  Also, my model of signal generator may not work with some of the software I downloaded.  He pointed me to another Keysight web page where there was some other software called Inuilink.

I think I will buy one of those Agilent GPIB to USB adapters that are for sale on eBay just now and see if that works.

My model of signal generator is analog, so there will be a limit to what I can do.

Richard

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf