Author Topic: RT809F Serial ISP Programmer - VGA ports  (Read 1374 times)

Offline 2XTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
RT809F Serial ISP Programmer - VGA ports
« on: April 26, 2020, 01:54:15 am »
Hello,
I found the "RT809F Serial ISP Programmer" but I can't understand which is the purpose of the ports "VGA IN", "VGA ISP" and "HDMI". On the description I read the below but it is not clear for me at least. Is it possible to program a bios chip on motherboard via VGA?

From description:
10) Support for   Triumph,  Leroy, Ding Branch, Rainbow Star, Kang Yue and Wang Jie general driver board. Write the driver board MCU by VGA port without taking the components out of the board. The programmer software has a new additional function, it can restore the chips. If the board has been damaged when programming, it can be work normally with this function. Reduce many matters.
11) Support to read and write firmware of LCD display and TV motherboard online and out off line. chipset solution, you can use the official ISP software or third-party software, take into account the functions’s integrity and the user's ease of use

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RT809F-Serial-ISP-Programmer-with-11-adapters-1-8v-adapter-SOP8-test-clip-EDID/143583488054?hash=item216e3e2836:m:mTo_5ZSSANoLsD7xJ45w4aA

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
Re: RT809F Serial ISP Programmer - VGA ports
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:48:07 am »
As clear as translated Chinese...

Take my answer with a pinch of salt, I haven't done much research on the subject, I've only read here and there that some LCD TV's (possibly other LCD display devices) allow programming of their mainboards through the VGA or HDMI.
I guess that this allows to write the software to flash providing that the CPU's boot code is not corrupt.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf